WorldStrides Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WorldStrides Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides.

Interview

The woman was very professional and laid back on the phone interview. However after she advised she would contact me regardless if the COO would like to meet with me, she did not. I had to follow up with her, which I found unprofessional.

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

The people who interviewed me for this job seemed very unprepared...like they had no idea who I was or anything about me. One in particular -- top management -- had clearly never even looked at my resume and cover letter until maybe 15 minutes before our meeting. His questions were a dead giveaway that he didn't know a single thing about me, and my one "ace in the hole" connection to the job and the company, which I had emphasized in my cover letter, resume, and phone interview with HR, caught him completely by surprise. We had a decent enough rapport, but I felt like a number -- just the next body in the revolving door to fill a slot. I wasn't expecting a lot, but one read-through of my materials before the interview would have been nice. Also, there has been no follow up from the company since the interview. Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

Interview Questions

• What is one successful project in your career that you were instrumental in bringing to fruition?   1 Answer

Inside Sles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Felt I was discriminated against for my age and felt very uncomfortable. I believe, when looking around, that they only want young employees. I have over 30 years in Sales and Customer Service, but it was overlooked.

Interview Questions

• Describe my professional achievements   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides.

Interview

one of the persons in Texas interviewed me via skype, as I was applying for the role in Boston. It was ok, no tough questions, they did a role play in the end.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a role play, as the person acted as a student and i was the manager who met the student in an international education expo, trying to suggest the programs in Worldstrides   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Hiring Manager called me and we had a 30 minute telephone interview. At the end we made an in person interview for the next day. I was interviewed by 2 women for 45 minutes - at the end they told me I had to take a test. I took the test and was offered a job within 2 days. I refused because I don't do well in a cubicle environment. I was also alarmed by the overwhelming majority of white young females and extreme lack of diversity.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day?
      Are you Ok with not finishing everything on your to - do list?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, then Technical phone screen with Project Manager and Lead Engineer. It was fairly unprofessional due to one interviewer being outside during the 3 way call, it was very difficult to hear the questions being asked. Overall not difficult, asked basic Javascript, HTML, and CSS questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process pretty easy and straight forward and it was a phone interview. As far as being nervous, you don't really have to worry about that because you're on the phone.

Interview Questions

My current job offered me a higher position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WorldStrides (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through HR and got an email asking for a phone interview a few weeks later. They had the wrong email for the internship offer however, so the process took longer than expected.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Charlottesville, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 interviewers. Lead with "we will micromanage" and said I would not need to have knowledge of the product only be able to "hook" them. Explained duties and expectations in a way that did not give me a sense of team work and a happy work environment. Mentioned their scripting over and over. Completely ignored the fact that I am currently a very sucessful sales professional and pushed their method. I am fine with script but not being micromanage by someone that completely sucks the energy and enthusiasm out of the me during the sales process because I show a little bit of personality. I walked out of that interview knowing there was no amount of money or benefits that would make me want to work there. I almost sprinted back to my car- just to get away!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever presented and idea and had it shot down?   1 Answer

Educational Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WorldStrides (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Conducted by a outside party for preliminary interview. Scenarios set up where you had to ask questions. Thought this was acquired and very time consuming.
    Then met with 2 sales managers, this was more like a normal interview and they do mass hirings so then they decide who goes on each team.

Interview Questions

• Share a scenario in a previous job where you overcame objections   1 Answer