XTRA Lease Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XTRA Lease Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at XTRA Lease

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease.

Interview

Very well interview. Professional. Looking for someone to promote with in. Seems that the company wants to go through a youth movement. Great time to get hired if young and out of college.

Assistant Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at XTRA Lease (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone and in personal interview. They did not have it together at all and I never received any call or email confirming the result. Very unprofessional. This process was not what I expected after having a very good conversation with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions; any mechanical experience, which isn't a qualification regardless.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Brief phone discussion.
    In-person interview.
    Rejection.

This position is obviously grunt-work. You wear a neon yellow safety vest. Thankfully it is not cold-calling sales. Of course, they attempt to make it sound a little more glamorous than it actually is. They brag about their position in the much-coveted big rig leasing industry with statistics and trivia that a select few are interested in. I don't know why a university degree is required to hop into trucks for damage inspections or to answer phones and read from a script.

If you can get it, take it and keep looking for something better. If you meet the unnecessary requirements for this job, you should get a better one at another company.

Interview Questions

• Many "tell me about a time when..." type prompts
      - had a difficult customer
      - took initiative
      - demonstrated safe behavior

Salary Expectation? (they said it was "about 37k/yr"
      Why this position?
      What other positions are you interviewing for?
      Strength?
      Weakness?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. First interview is with the Branch Operations Manager and is a bit casual. The Second is with the Regional Operations Manager or Area Manager and is more serious. If they like you after the interviews they will bring you in for a 4 hour job shadow. Keep in mind, they will have several candidates through the process so don't expect to get an offer even if you make it to the job shadow. When first offered the position I was on the fence because I though it would be a blue collar type of job, but I accepted anyway. Six months later, I was very wrong and I'm really glad I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Generic Interview Questions. Describe a time when you encountered an unsafe act and how did you address it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First interview with the Operations manager and District Manager, then 2nd interview with Regional Manger and district manager, then I got called back for a 2-3 hour job shadow. Finally was called to say they were not hiring me.

Interview Questions

• All were very basic about resume and experience. Overall very laid back and understanding that it was an entry level position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The Ops manager interviews you followed by a second interview if you are liked. The second interview is with the Regional Ops manager

Interview Questions

• Simple questions and questions based on previous history in work and how you did.   Answer Question

Never tell you salary, horrible at getting back to you, interview process takes over a month, low low salary.

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease.

Interview

The application is rather lengthy and consists of several parts, including a personality test. The interview was a group interview with the OM and the Branch manager. It consisted of 2 parts. The first was an informal interview with the branch manager and the operations manager. The second part was a structured interview with miscellaneous situation tasks, the managers made it seem like the structured part was merely a formality. After the initial interview is an on the job observation sort of thing. To my understanding, hiring and branch practices, though structured by corporate, are determined and implemented by branch management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any mechanical knowledge or experience?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease.

Interview

Three interviews. First time with Regional Management, second time branch management, and last time with direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you and what do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XTRA Lease.

Interview

1st Interview, 2nd Interview, Shadowing Interview, Job Offer.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to provide different experiences either personal or professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at XTRA Lease (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interviewer will read off a sheet but most branch level employees care more about if they would like working with you than whether or not you actually answer the questions well. Anyone can pretty much do this job, so they want to make sure they can stand being around you for 8 hours a day. Once you get to the second interview you really need to have good examples of experience because the corporate people are much more picky.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a personal or work related problem at work. How to you deal with it while maintaining focus at work.   Answer Question