Yamaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.7

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yamaha (Buena Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

An HR associate set up a screening call with me. She called promptly at the agreed time, and went through her questions. The call lasted 15 minutes. At the end, she volunteered what the next steps would be, and asked that if I hadn't heard back from her by a certain date, I should contact her to see what the status was. I didn't hear from her, and emailed her on the date she gave me. She never responded. Unprofessional and a poor representation of the company, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company.
      Salary expectations.
      1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yamaha (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then a one on one interview with two managers. Not very difficult and I felt pretty good about leaving. I was told I would be notified within 10 days, It's been well over three weeks. I have followed up with emails but have heard nothing. Getting disgusted with the last of professional courtesy when companies say they will let you know and then you never hear from them.

Interview Questions

• How does one work with difficult customers   1 Answer

Spec, CS Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yamaha (Buena Park, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First there is an informal interview process from HR it is short and to the point. Then if HR is satisfied (not very hard for most people), then you are called for an in-person interview. The interview is a 2 phase interview. One with HR an one with the hiring manager panel.

Interview Questions

• HR (1:1):
      Ask the standard what would make you a good candidate for the position, things you hated about previous positions, etc.
    • Hiring Manager (Panel):
      This is more a weeding out type lineup. IMO shorter answers would be better as they took my long answers and if I aid something iffy they turn around an crucified me for it (then said everything is OK). They do have a laptop up and they ask questions on any topic you are suppose to be familiar with until you get something wrong. Since the position requires simple knowledge of home electronic components it seemed like going hyper technical was just to see were you good of.

Be sure to know how to answer:
      - Network questions
      - Questions about Yamaha's MusicCast vs Airplay vs Google Cast
      - Also how to connect a consumer AV system to a Yamaha Receiver (game system, screens, computer, disc player, etc..)
      - Would also help to know about Yamaha's AV products

Digital Marketing - Online Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yamaha (Buena Park, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief HR phone interview/screening .
    Called for interview with manager and team members.
    * Side Note: I have over 20 years experience.

They didn't hire me because I don't play a musical instrument.!!!

They are very upfront about discriminating based on this Because...... they have "Jam Sessions" at work during breaks.

There are employees that have worked at Yamaha in the music division some for 20-30+ years which has led to a musician cult type atmosphere.
    The office was musty and dated like the staff.

P.S. You could sell more sheet music if the web domain wasn't hidden.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you play a musical instrument?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yamaha (Newnan, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

Began through a temp agency. Interview for permanent was pretty simple

Interview Questions

• Obstacle you had to deal with on another job and how handled   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary non-negotiable

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yamaha (Brisbane (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

1 interview with the state sales manager QLD, asked about my experience and told me about the position to which we agreed to terms there and then, turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life.
    The manager made a number of promises relating to work life balance that did not come through, and the interview was very aloof and an attitude of yeah we just want the position filled

Interview Questions

• this is how much we want to pay are you ok with this?
      when can you start

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yamaha (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

it was three interviews, with at least 5 different people, it was a long process. I interviewed in Sydney then in Melbourne twice. there was computer testing (iq testing) and a panel interview. it was pretty gruelling

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panamá (Panama)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yamaha (Panamá (Panama)) in August 2011.

Interview

a recruiter call me and make me two different interview in differents days and then, send me a direction for a personal interview with managers and the president of the company. The interview was in english and spanish and told then my skils, as musician, marketing, sales, logistic and administration I have.

Senior Officer- Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yamaha (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Simple one round of interview with HR and then second with GM and MD of the company (GM and MD were Japanese guys) HR is an Indian but speaks Japanese too

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but unexpected thing that they asked me to play guitar for a sales and marketing job. They don't have any knowledge but they ask you "how do u work", if you are from a competitor's firm   Answer Question

Negotiation

They negotiated hard and fought for even 20,000 rupees annually