Yapstone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

One on one interview, they are so desperate to get people; interview is easy. Not difficult to get in. Once you get in they will work you like a dog so make sure you take a vacation before joining. Have to work weekends, be in the office till 5pm must be in office at 8am. Not time to take any time off, you can not even go for Dr. Appointment and there is no work from home under any circumstances.
    Horrible place to work

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone.

Interview

I applied online and received a response about 2 weeks later inviting me to a Hackerrank coding challenge. The job requirements asked for proficiency in Java or C++; I had only listed C++ on my resume. The coding challenge questions were fairly easy but I could not complete them all as I was unexpectedly restricted to using Java on the challenge, which I am not familiar with. Much time was wasted attempting to translate my algorithm(s) from C++ to Java, looking up syntax etc.. I didn't appreciate the fact that I was restricted to using only Java, especially when the job requirements specifically mentioned proficiency in C++ as well, and Java was not a language listed on my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yapstone in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and after a week, I was invited to a HackerRank test. There were some Java programming questions and SQL questions. After that I had to give 4 Skype interviews (45 minutes each) one after another. The interviews weren't tough at all. Mostly related to Java basics and SQL queries. They asked me to write code through coderpad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for Software Engineer position at Walnut Creek office. They were looking for database and Java engineers. After reviewing my application, they sent me a HackerRank test about SQL queries and Java Data Structures.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen and was brought onsite. I was hesitant to take a day off and go onsite due to glassdoor reviews being faked. Look at the review trend and you'll see lots of 1 stars and 5 stars but very few 2-4 stars. When's the last time review scores/grades on anything exhibited a reverse bell curve?

Truth is, I shouldnt have taken the day off. Onsite consisted of 4 interviews which ranged from okay to terrible. I first got a SQL design and query interview, it went well. Second interview the guy asked me about random, obscure design patterns. I told him I knew and worked with singletons, MVC model, and probably worked with others but dont know them specifically by name. The third interview asked me the only "problem solving" problem where I wrote code and it went well. The final guy had no idea what to ask and was using the same sheet of questions the 2nd interviewer had. The sheet contains questions about java (what are the access modifiers...), sql (what is an index...), and other basic stuff.

They gave me a yapstone (a rock) as a thanks for coming and I left. I was more excited about getting lunch afterwards than the interview.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge questions: Java, SQL, design patterns
      1 coding challenge on phone, 1 coding challenge onsite   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, and got a call back from a recruiter. I had a phone interview first, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager, and then interviews with multiple interviewers on two different days - presumably getting to each step by successfully passing the previous step. The first interviews focused on my experience, my understanding of the development cycle and related processes, understanding of the Agile methodology, and most of all, on quizzing my technical skills in areas such as Java, SQL, and Linux. The final interviews were with people at higher levels such as product manager and director

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but the Yapstone recruiter worked on my behalf for an offer in line with my prior salary. This took some time to be approved, but eventually was. The overall process took more than 4 weeks, partly due to the multiple interviews, but also apparently because people who needed to approve my offer were out of the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Get interview after in campus recruiting

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and a coding challenge followed by an onsite with 4 people which lasted for about 3 hours. Nothing too complicated - basic algorithm/coding questions. HR told me I had the job before I left the office and helped me get in touch with lawyers to handle my visa transfer (not worth it for h1b holders cuz they'll fire you as easily as they hire you, and then you have to scramble to find another job or leave the country)

Interview Questions

• Implement ajax calls which update a view in order of calls.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online in February. Rejected with an automated e-mail in April. They started hiring again on May. I was asked to take Hackerrank challenge. I felt like I did very well. Finished all in half the given time. Programming questions was correct since Hackerrank shows the results. There was a silence of 2 weeks. I asked about my application. After I asked, I got another automated e-mail in less than 1 hour that based on the Hackerrank results, I was rejected.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yapstone.

Interview

I applied through their website and after few weeks, I was invited to a Hackerrank test. There were some Java programming questions and a SQL question where I was asked to write a query that produces certain result. The Java programming questions included questions such as removing all values greater than a given value in a linked list, and return pairs of integers from an array where their difference was equal to a given value.

Interview Questions

• Remove all values greater than a given value in a linked list.   Answer Question