Yapstone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yapstone Interview Questions

Interviews at Yapstone

2.7

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yapstone.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email to set up a phone interview. The woman interviewing me sounded kind of catty and monotone. She asked about my background and my salary requirements. Pretty easy interview but didn't realize it was a 3 month position so I declined.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter called me for the initial process. Then there was a coding test. It took some time to complete the test but it was comparatively easy and followed by phone screen.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone.

Interview

The process was straightforward at the beginning. Began with an initial phone screening with a recruiter who was very kind, clear and very knowledgeable about the role. Even gave advice about things the hiring manager is looking for (always helpful). First phone interview with hiring manager was not challenging - although it seemed there was some ambiguity to be determined about what sort of role they needed this function to focus on initially off the bat (a wide ranging marketing leadership role). Was invited for an on-site which consisted of several discussions 1:1 with several leaders. The vibe taken away was that a good partnership could be forged and it seemed my candidacy was more than viable. Recruiter mentioned it'd be a week before I could find out the results. Another week passed and I was told the team needed more time. By the time I connected with the recruiter about two weeks after my on-site, the recruiter told me the team did not want to pursue me because there were simply more qualified candidates they wanted to pursue. It was also recommended I'd be a good individual contributor (though I was applying for, and currently am, in a marketing leadership role) - which seemed odd given my credentials and the discussions I had. The feedback seemed a bit hollow, though, as just a few days later they reposted the position and have been still trying to recruit for it. At the end of the day, it sounds like I simply was not just the right fit, which is okay, but I do prefer more timeliness and professional feedback about where exactly the fit was not right in, especially when offering an entire afternoon (plus preparation) for discussions was given on my part.

Interview Questions

• From initial glances, where do you think Yapstone could leverage more focus in its online campaigns?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and timely. It was a combination of phone sessions, on-line web conferencing and in-person interviews. The entire process was very professional and a pleasure to experience.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone (Austin, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied for St.Software Engineer position online through glassdoor. I was contacted by recruiter a week later. Talked about my current and past work experience, why I wanted to change current job etc. After initial phone screen, I was asked to take hacker rank test. After completing the test, I was called for onsite interview. Since I was living outside California, I was given skype option. The skype interview duration was close to half a day with 4 rounds. The recruiter called me a week later and informed that Yapstone was willing to extend an offer. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle data consistency across multiple nodes (machines)   Answer Question

PAYMENTS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yapstone in January 2019.

Interview

Initial call was with recruiter. Our screening call was very short so I wasn’t sure if I would get a call back but I did. I talked to the hiring manager by phone for 30 minutes. She was really open and described the goals of the job and skills and experience they were looking for. Before we got off the phone the hiring manager said she’d be setting up an in person meeting. I met with several people in 30 minute increments. Everyone seemed friendly and happy. I interviewed in this small colorful room which was a little strange looking. I received a verbal offer about a weeke later and things moved quickly.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Right off the bat, the HR manager asked if I had any questions (yes, quite a bit but would be great to get a summary of the role/team/need first so I can tailor specific questions) Was asked to do a presentation on "anything" but mention aspects that have never been part of Product Management duties but rather of Finance and/or the Marketing teams (ie. calculate NPV, competitor costs, value proposition, etc.) . The original call was supposed to be 30 min but lasted an hour. Was given about 5 min to talk about the presentation without an ability to share slides. Had to verbally mention what slide I was talking about which didn't help with engagement. No opportunity to ask questions at the end as the call went 30 min overtime as is. At the end was told that I am a very strong candidate, my background and experience is exactly what they are looking for and that they are expected to proceed BUT they have other other candidates in the pipeline son they would like to talk to them first and will let me know the following week. Received an automatic rejection within hours of the conversation. Followed up with the recruiter for specific details but haven't heard back.

UI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone in October 2018.

Interview

YapStone’s team was very friendly and accommodating, especially when considering the timeline I had for another offer. They were able to accommodate the timing and move up the schedule of the interview.
    As I met engineers on the team and learned more about their values and goals, I found myself more and more excited to work with them. I heard a great deal passion and interest from everyone I met and really felt the same as the interviews continued.
    I am very happy for the opportunity to contribute here!

Interview Questions

• Some examples: S3 deployment, JavaScript concepts and React framework questions   Answer Question

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yapstone (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Had a phone call with the hiring manager, a technical screening, and then was invited onsite. Met with multiple people. You know you are interview with a big company, but everyone was super friendly.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yapstone (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I was asked to create a presentation based on a set of questions that were handed to me. After two hours devoted to creating a slide deck, I began giving the presentation. Midway through giving the presentation, the interviewers interrupted me and asked me to respond to questions based on existing documentation in which the syntax highlighting is to bad that I could not read the documentation itself. Because I paused in trying to read dark code on a black background, the interviewers criticized me. This was complicated by the fact that I was projecting my small laptop screen onto their video screen, which automatically causes the display on the laptop to decrease in size. What a total zoo!

Interview Questions

• What does "body" mean in a REST request?   1 Answer
    • How would you approach creating developer documentation for the APIs?   1 Answer