Young Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.7

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Manhattan, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was business casual. I was contacted a few days after submitting my resume, we met at the Young Life office, just myself and the Area Director. He had a series of normal application questions i.e. Tell me a bit about yourself, what is your employment experience, did what did you like and not like about some of your previous employments, what are you looking for if you became employed at Young Life...and also a few that you only get when interviewing at a Religious based organization i.e. What does you relationship with Christ look like today, when were you saved, what church do you attend, are you involved with any church groups outside of Sunday morning services, do you have a person in your life that you look up to as a mentor? These all were asked and answered in a very causal conversation style approach and he took notes. About 3/4 of the way through he began saying things like "when you start" as opposed to "if you start" working with Young Life. I felt good about the interview when it was all over and I received a call from him two days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions I was asked during this interview were the religious based questions, because of there very personal nature. So for example, What is your relationship with Christ like today?   1 Answer

Student Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Young Life (Salem, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

They basically wanted to know my journey with Christ and how I came to apply for the job. Young Life is interested in hearing people's stories, so I just told them mine. The interview process was pretty casual. I knew everyone who was interviewing me, so it was easy to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are your organizational systems? How will you manage school and work?   Answer Question

Area Director I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Young Life (Westfield, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

It portrayed false and inaccurate information about the area, position, and title. It was also extremely and unnecessarily lengthy. The person(s) in charge of the interview process were not fit for such a role, nor were they equipped to express and evaluate the position with integrity.

Interview Questions

• Will you have an issue with women being in a leadership capacity?   Answer Question

Student Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Young Life (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel interview asking about your personal story, and ways to deal with difficulties in the workplace, your plan for your time on staff, how you plan to fundraise for yourself

Interview Questions

• How would you handle inappropriate team relationships?   Answer Question

Property Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young Life in February 2014.

Interview

Interviews all over the phone. First one was a standard "getting to know you" interview. Very friendly, very personable. If you get to the second round, it's an interview with a panel. Since I could not go to the location, it was over the phone once more. Go over skills, personality, and any work experience that could relate. Overall it was pretty average.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle struggles in the community? What has been a challenge that you have been through and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Communication Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Great questions, easy to respond. Light-hearted. Asked questions about my faith and prior experience. Thoroughly enjoyed the interview process. Very friendly, and were generally interested in my life and what I wanted to do with Young Life.

Interview Questions

• Past Young Life experience   1 Answer

Staff Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young Life (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by a regional employee who asked me if I was interested in the job. I Interviewed with Regional director, interviewed with Area director and committee, then was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship with Christ like?   1 Answer

Young Life Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was rigorous. You have to be selected by the leadership team and by your previous Young Life Leader. They would ask you questions specifically about your faith and what it means to be a leader. Furthermore, they would bring up ideal qualifications concerning the position.

Area Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process begins with a meeting with Regional Director or panel from Region. Interview process then moves to the specific area in a meeting with the local adult committee and other key stakeholders. Finally, the region along with the area together make the decisions on hiring.

Interview Questions

• History of past leadership as a volunteer and what successes you saw.   Answer Question

Volunteer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Rochester, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Leadership training followed by certification and placement

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Discussed placement location