Young Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Young Life

2.8

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young Life (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

First met with Office Manager and two other high-level admins. The interview started with a prayer. Interviewers were very friendly and made the environment non-threatening. Call back interview involved Office Manager, COO and another admin on the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving the following problem: How many ping pong balls will fit in a vehicle (don't exactly remember the type of vehicle they may or may not have said). The point was to just listen to how you would go about solving this. Don't be shy - think out loud and be honest!   Answer Question

Campaign Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Young Life in January 2013.

Interview

I already knew the hiring manager and supervisory manager, so I was not a typical case. I had two or three personal (1:1) interviews, then my wife and I had a group interview with the leadership team. Finally, I met in person with my boss's boss. Then was hired.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Manhattan, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was business casual. I was contacted a few days after submitting my resume, we met at the Young Life office, just myself and the Area Director. He had a series of normal application questions i.e. Tell me a bit about yourself, what is your employment experience, did what did you like and not like about some of your previous employments, what are you looking for if you became employed at Young Life...and also a few that you only get when interviewing at a Religious based organization i.e. What does you relationship with Christ look like today, when were you saved, what church do you attend, are you involved with any church groups outside of Sunday morning services, do you have a person in your life that you look up to as a mentor? These all were asked and answered in a very causal conversation style approach and he took notes. About 3/4 of the way through he began saying things like "when you start" as opposed to "if you start" working with Young Life. I felt good about the interview when it was all over and I received a call from him two days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions I was asked during this interview were the religious based questions, because of there very personal nature. So for example, What is your relationship with Christ like today?   1 Answer

Area Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process begins with a meeting with Regional Director or panel from Region. Interview process then moves to the specific area in a meeting with the local adult committee and other key stakeholders. Finally, the region along with the area together make the decisions on hiring.

Interview Questions

• History of past leadership as a volunteer and what successes you saw.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Young Life (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online, answer emails, interview over the phone. References are extremely important. Be sure that you have an Area Director or associate staff member ready to vouch for you over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is your role in Young Life at home?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young Life (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by a regional employee who asked me if I was interested in the job. I Interviewed with Regional director, interviewed with Area director and committee, then was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship with Christ like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simiple

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young Life (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

We sat in a large conference room with about 5 full time staff associates who had been working for the company for 5 years or more. They were kind and all took turns asking about how I operated and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• If we tell you tomorrow that we will have to relocate you, is that a change you are willing to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Young Life (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

You will interview with the regional interview team, with the area director, and then with the area's committee. The regional interview team will ask questions about what type of position you're interested in, the type of kids you'd like to work with, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Bettendorf, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young Life (Bettendorf, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an in-person interview with 3 people (Regional Director, Regional Admin, and Regional board member). They asked personal questions to get to know me and my desire to work in christian ministry. They asked how I would handle certain situations with students, donors, and committee members. The interviewers were very friendly and not intimidating.