Younkers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Younkers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2018

1.9

Cash Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at Lansing Mall. The store manager was easygoing and knew what she was looking for. She's been there a while and seems to have a great head on her shoulders. Questions weren't hard if you know what your skills and qualifications are.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Younkers (Waterloo, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with HR lady Sandi. Seemed nice enough. Met store mgr Jonathan. Asked about my family. Both inquired if needed time off & gave specific dates and times. Was told they'd work with me! Ha! What lies!!!

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers (Marquette, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Manager asked a few basic questions, went over my resume and asked a few "get to know you" questions. The manager basically gave me the job very early on in the interview so the rest of the time (20 minutes max) was spent talking about finding me a department.I asked for home store and he insisted I go into shoes.

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Younkers (Wausau, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

okay hiring process. Really liked HR person (Jim) made me feel very comfortable. Younkers did not ask a lot of questions and I was hired very quickly. The online application was ridiculously long for the amount of pay you received.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with others?   1 Answer

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Younkers (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

Started with an Interview on phone
    Then I was scheduled for an interview in person with store director
    My third interview was with the cosmetic area manager on the phone
    My last step was taking a behavioral test/interview on the phone which took an hour.

Interview Questions

• Ask a lot of questions regarding interactions with others. "if you were in a situation where you had to get along with someone you didn't like." "How would you deal with an angry customer."   1 Answer

Interview

They were very nice and inviting. They made me feel like they were excited I was there. I felt comfortable and I didn't feel like they were trying to intimidate me in any way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one, they told me what I was going to make and I didn't question it.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Younkers (Cedar Falls, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very easy, casual, knew I had the job right then. Talked about my personality, why I thought I was a good fit and just the standard retail questions. Talked about potential for commission in different departments.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Younkers (West Des Moines, IA).

Interview

it was pretty basic stuff, i applied online and got called for an interview. the interview did not take too long and i got the job, first day i had to do some testing

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths, why should we hire you, what interest you about this company, what are your availability, when can you start   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Younkers (Omaha, NE) in April 2013.

Interview

The first step of the interview process is that you will receive a phone call. The phone call is to check when is the best time for you to come in for an interview. The second part of the hiring process is the face to face interview. If you interview well then you get a call within 2-3 days letting you know that you got the position. However, they could call you for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers (Grandville, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

They talked to me about my previous experience and whether or not I was equipped to be a team player. Then we just talked about my hobbies and what I plan to do in the future, since she knew I wouldn't be there forever. It was super laid back, but I could also tell they were in need of help.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you're department was clean but another department wasn't?   Answer Question