Younkers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Younkers Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Younkers.

Interview

Applied, came in for an interview, and was hired in interview. It was a pretty easy process and I felt comfortable answering the questions. I am happy I worked here and would have stayed if I hadn't moved away for school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member and how you handled that situation   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Younkers (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to meet with HR the next step is to take an 40 minute assessment online if you pass because you have to pass inorder to be consider you then meet the Account executive. Which it took at that time about 45 minute interview. Things have changed a bit now so could be different it's been a year and a half

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers (Grandville, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

They talked to me about my previous experience and whether or not I was equipped to be a team player. Then we just talked about my hobbies and what I plan to do in the future, since she knew I wouldn't be there forever. It was super laid back, but I could also tell they were in need of help.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you're department was clean but another department wasn't?   Answer Question

Cash Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at Lansing Mall. The store manager was easygoing and knew what she was looking for. She's been there a while and seems to have a great head on her shoulders. Questions weren't hard if you know what your skills and qualifications are.

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers (Marquette, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Manager asked a few basic questions, went over my resume and asked a few "get to know you" questions. The manager basically gave me the job very early on in the interview so the rest of the time (20 minutes max) was spent talking about finding me a department.I asked for home store and he insisted I go into shoes.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Younkers (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Came in for a one-on-one interview with HR. Then a week later the department manager set up a second interview with me. With in another week the store manager called me to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Younkers (Lansing, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on line and submitted my resume and cover letter. After my resume was reviewed I had an interview with Human Resources. It was about one hour long. The typical questions about background and experience and how I could improve a shoppers buying experience. Also questions about how to deal with difficult customer service situations. Application process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you dealt with a difficult customer service issue.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Younkers.

Interview

She asked me typical interview questions, Tell me about a time when..... How would people describe you. Hours available , she was a very nice lady, we got along well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you have such a big gap between your two jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting pay is $8

Interview

They were very nice and inviting. They made me feel like they were excited I was there. I felt comfortable and I didn't feel like they were trying to intimidate me in any way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one, they told me what I was going to make and I didn't question it.

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Younkers (Grandville, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. I received a call about three days later. I went into the interview. I got an email on the way to my car offering the job. HR Manager was really nice