Younkers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Younkers

1.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Younkers (Eau Claire, WI).

Interview

I Met with a group of 3 department managers and we discussed different department openings that were available. They were very easy to talk with and I think that was their way of judging my personality.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Younkers.

Interview

I completed the application online, within a few days I received a call from HR (where she did a phone interview), and then I set up an in-person interview. At the interview, I met with who would be my direct manager. She asked a few questions to get to know me, and get an idea of how I work, and how I would feel working in a retail environment, working with others/working alone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with a tough situation in customer service, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Younkers (Waterloo, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with HR lady Sandi. Seemed nice enough. Met store mgr Jonathan. Asked about my family. Both inquired if needed time off & gave specific dates and times. Was told they'd work with me! Ha! What lies!!!

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Younkers (West Des Moines, IA).

Interview

it was pretty basic stuff, i applied online and got called for an interview. the interview did not take too long and i got the job, first day i had to do some testing

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths, why should we hire you, what interest you about this company, what are your availability, when can you start   Answer Question

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Younkers (Duluth, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview with HR for 1 hour. Then followed by a phone interview with Estée Lauder DM. Then you get the Estée Lauder star interview after. I also filled out a piece of paper with my favorite makeup products on it.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite makeup products and why.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Younkers (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

It was easy got hired within a week. They ask just the normal interview question. But could ask a few more I felt like the interview was too quick

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers (Coralville, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

the interview process was so easy. i honestly felt like i was leading the interview. there was little to no preparation done on the management side and it really seemed like anyone could get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you excel at   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Younkers.

Interview

Applied, came in for an interview, and was hired in interview. It was a pretty easy process and I felt comfortable answering the questions. I am happy I worked here and would have stayed if I hadn't moved away for school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member and how you handled that situation   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Younkers (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to meet with HR the next step is to take an 40 minute assessment online if you pass because you have to pass inorder to be consider you then meet the Account executive. Which it took at that time about 45 minute interview. Things have changed a bit now so could be different it's been a year and a half

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Younkers (Grandville, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

They talked to me about my previous experience and whether or not I was equipped to be a team player. Then we just talked about my hobbies and what I plan to do in the future, since she knew I wouldn't be there forever. It was super laid back, but I could also tell they were in need of help.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you're department was clean but another department wasn't?   Answer Question