Z Gallerie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.7

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Z Gallerie (Roseville, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I felt that the interview went very well. The manager that I met with was kind and seemed to be easy to talk to. It wasn't like one of those interviews where the questions are very scripted. The conversation flowed pretty well. She told me that regardless of if I got the job or not she would let me know within a few weeks. The manager never told me whether or not I got the job, (obviously I didn't)

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Z Gallerie.

Interview

I would not recommend this company to anyone. My interview process took about a month. Throughout the 3 interviews (including a table set demo) I was assured position and hours would be part time...pretty important considering I have a full time job elsewhere. My last interview was with district visual manager who said my table set demo looked great and that store manager spoke very highly of me and that everything was "looking good " to be hired. Two days later the store manager called me and said they loved me but district manager now wanted a full-time employee in that role. The store manager offered me a sales associate position making alot less... $10/hr and tried to embellish that number with an elusive sales bonus. She also added i would still be doing some visual stuff (sure...at a much lower pay rate). When I told her I made $11 at my current parttime job she said they wouldn't be able to match it. I told her I would think about it and get back to her. The first thing that came to my mind is that this company participates in a bait and switch scheme. I checked the company's job postings on their website and the visual position had been reposted 3 days earlier and it was still reflecting REGULAR PART TIME. I feel really disappointed and misled and I would not wish the experience on my worst enemy.

Interview Questions

Dishonest and bait and switch scheme.

Full Time Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Z Gallerie (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

There was two interviews, i was applying for a mall location so the interview took place in the very busy and loud food court, first one was with assistant store manager. The assistant store manager was very accusatory and demeaning in the interview. I felt like I was being reprimanded, not interviewed. His questions were the usual inqueries, but when he described the job he did it in such a way that made me feel like I was being attacked for a perceived lack of skills. The skills I'm referring to are customer service skills, which I have in droves btw.
    The second interview was with the store manager. The interview with her was very comfortable and well thought out and she was very personable and proffessional.
    In the end they offered me a PART-TIME sales position, which I declined. When they offered me this lesser position the assistant store manager said "things changed, we aren't actually hiring a Manger right now.", five minutes later I found the postion reposted on the Job site. Very negative experience.

Interview Questions

Wasn't the position or pay I was interviewing for.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Z Gallerie (Skokie, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website portal. I submitted the application for several locations in my area. Only one store called for an interview. The process was ridiculous for an entry-level position. I interviewed with three managers on separate occasions and then they had me do a "selling test". I had to come into the store, during a peak time, with no instruction and work the sales floor as if I were an associate. It lasted about an hour and a half. I wasn't paid for my time. I finally received the job offer three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard interview questions like why I wanted to work for the company. They asked me to describe a time in which I gave outstanding customer service. I was asked if I was OK with doing other non-selling activities like cleaning and restocking as well as climbing tall ladders to hang artwork.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What negotiation? I was offered a flat $12/hr, take it or leave it.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Z Gallerie (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Had 4 interviews with very unprofessional managers. They would reschedule all the time. They did not ask good questions and were all very immature. Not very good questions, very basic. Did not expect to get so many illogical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to add value to z Gallerie?   1 Answer
    • How old were you when you started working?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Z Gallerie in September 2015.

Interview

Was contacted about coming in for a working interview. They were very flexible about finding an interview time since I lived out of state. Ended up coming in for 3 interviews to meet both managers and the last one we talked about responsibilities of the job. Interview questions were easy and they mostly wanted stories about situations I had encountered working in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Z Gallerie (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Really easy going. Asked if I had any experience working in an art gallery, which I did not at the time. Really understanding and wanted to teach me and mentor me throughout the whole process. Figured out pay and start date that day! He seemed like he would show me the ropes and how to run a gallery instead of just giving me things like running for coffee or mail runs. It was a breath of fresh air being able to work there and not have to do these simple intern tasks but actually do something with my summer and have interesting projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was only an intern so it was fairly easy. I got a stipend for the day.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Z Gallerie (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was series of questions and job info 2nd interview 30 mins pretending to b an associate at work interacting with customers and trying to make a sale greeted each customer and smiled the whole time customers usually did not respond with any questions and some were directed to the store manager interview required a lot of confidence and enthusiasm along with clean grooming and good posture the associates were friendly and observant along with positive vibes, assertiveness and an overall good demeanor

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to complete a challenging task and how   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Z Gallerie in November 2014.

Interview

Had my first interview with an associate manager, then had an interview a few days later with the assistant manager and store manager. I had a working interview that day as well where I was greeting customers and letting them know about the current promos.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Z Gallerie.

Interview

The process was very easy in the fact that I never had a formal interview because the regional manager had seen how I worked and dealt with clients at my current job at the time and had repeatedly asked me to please join the company.

Negotiation

Basically non-existant