ZE PowerGroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.6

Business Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Richmond, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Called in to write an aptitude test and have an interview. Showed up to write the test and it was actually rather difficult. They provided calculators and scrap paper, but test covered things from recent news to mathematical calculations, to spotting errors in code and even some reading comprehension. They give 45 minutes for the test, and there are 45 questions. Just pace yourself. The interviews went well, they were generic questions that turned the interview more into a conversation than an interrogation. I went through three interviews and they got progressively more intense and serious.

Interview Questions

• "What do you wish I had asked you?" - wasn't expecting this question. Didn't have an answer for it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Exam, Essay, and interviews

Business Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Got a call after 2 weeks from HR to setup meeting for a Test and interview. Tests reminded me back in school days. After 2 tests (Aptitude and General Knowledge), there was 1 on 1 HR interview. Not sure what exactly they were looking for as it was just a training program.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 tests. First was Aptitude and Maths questions. Second test was mainly about Company's products and current affairs around North America. Later was basic HR interview.   Answer Question

Junior Java Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online, they called me to schedule a phone interview. They mentioned it will be "technical". So I was expecting some sort of a coding test. When they called it was simply list of trivia questions about Java and JavaScript. I had to hung up the call in the middle of the interview because I was expecting more of a practical test. If you really want to pass the tests, just google "Java Interview Questions" and memorize the trivia about Java. You don't even have to code. Simple as that.

Interview Questions

• What is the white space character in the regular expressions in Java?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between Sets and Arrays in Java?   Answer Question
    • List of these trivia questions can be found online, not gonna write down all of them.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

HR manager was professional. The process was okay till one of their VPs took the turn. He had this attitude as if he didn't care. When asked how he liked his job, he indicated that he just showered up in the office and didn't care about the work (as it's a family business and he was dragged into it). I was shocked by how unprofessional he was. It's the worst interviewer I had ever heard of.

ZE PowerGroup Response

Jun 13, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and finding the interaction with HR professional. We regret that you went through this experience and that it made you feel uncomfortable. We will investigate this ... More

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It was very informal. First the an HR assistant will ask you general interview questions and write down lots of notes. Then after that, if the HR person decides whether or not you get to go to the next step. The next step is to talk to a higher level management person, in my case it was one of the co-owners. They will go through your resume again and ask you more stuff, and since it was a design position, I was asked to show my portfolio.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First interview was a written test plus an interview with HR, overall not very hard, questions were all logical questions that you will see on IQ tests. Learn what the company does.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Was referred to the company through a friend. Had the first interview with a senior manager. Then had another interview with one of the executives and then CEO. The total time was about 2 hours because I had to wait for the executive (he was on the phone for a long time) but I didnt want to come back, so I just stayed and waited. Other than the wait, overall interview process was professional and pleasant. The receptionists already knew me by name and offered a drink. Was even given a tour of the office. Got an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• If you can create your own job description, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZE PowerGroup (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

They first make you write a multiple choice question test to judge how much you understand their company, product, and nature of work. There are also a few random current event questions to throw you off. Next, an interviewer screens you and makes sure you're a good fit before introducing you to the next higher-level up interviewer who basically gives you the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Interview

Had a short interview with simple coding test and questions focusing on MVC and Collection Framework. Coding was on parsing the files and further insertion of the data into the database