Zen Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zen Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at Zen Planner

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Highlands Ranch, CO) in September 2018.

Interview

Fair and straightforward. The interview process was fairly standard for an engineering job, with a lot of emphasis on technical specifics. I also felt like the process was designed to weed out misfits early, so as to not waste candidates or the company's time.

Interview Questions

• In depth questioning on Spring Boot / Spring Cloud, along with how to build a micro services oriented architecture.   Answer Question

Zen Planner Response

Nov 5, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback, and welcome to Zen Planner!

Software Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Highlands Ranch, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through other.
    Initially applied for a Software Sales Specialist position. Submitted a cover letter and resume in September of 2014.
    Received an email from recruiting specialist. Set up a phone interview with recruiter.
    Upon review of my resume, during the initial phone interview it was suggested that I apply for two other positions. I wrote two more cover letters and applied for the Product Manager role as well as the Operations & Analytics Manager at the urging of their recruiter.

Sent a thank you email for the interview and suggestions.
    Send a follow up email a week and a half later.

Recruiter indicates she has not heard anything back from the hiring managers for the roles. Suggests that we touch base in a week or so. This is the first week of October.
    Never heard anything back, therefore sent a follow up email the second week of October.
    No Response.
    Sent another follow up email the third week of October.
    No Response.
    Send follow up email the last week of October.
    Receive response later in the first week of November. Recruiter informs me that positions have been filled, but would like to speak with me about the Software Sales Specialist role.
    We set up another phone interview for the end of the first week of November.

I wait for the call and receive no phone call from the recruiter.

Sent an email indicating that for some reason we never were able to connect on the appointed day and time for the phone interview. Recruiter is apologetic, sets up another interview for that same day.
    This phone interview goes well, recruiter tells me that I will be moving on and meeting with the VP of Sales. It is suggested that I learn the software as much as possible and know everything I can about the company.
    I spend a week or so playing with a trial version of the software, watch all their advocate videos, and know the company inside and out.

I arrive at the office and go upstairs, things feel very staged, having visited numerous Google offices, this felt like an attempt to recreate the same atmosphere.

An employee happens to be walking out just as I make it to the top of the stairs. They introduce themselves and let me in to the locked security badged door. They ask me to take a seat in their waiting area/employee lounge. I take a seat and make small talk with another employee about the first snow of the season. While I wait employees shoot nerf guns and do hand stands in the Sales Specialist area, to show how much fun they have at work. Someone asks if I would like anything to drink, I accept a glass of water.
    The VP of sales comes out and introduces himself, then asks me to follow him, right as I stand up and turn to walk into the office, the CEO comes up, and says hello to me. Never introduces himself, but I recognize him from my time spent learning the company on its website.

VP of sales points out where the Software Sales Specialist cubicle village is and waves a hand, while explaining that the group of homogenous employees are working on Sales.

We make small talk. We talk about my sales and personal background. It feels as though there is a cultural disconnect between us.
    He goes on to explain that the Software Specialist role will involve cold calling fitness businesses across the nation, that the sales cycle is 21 days for them. He also explains that Sales Specialists are expected to handle 120 leads a month. Everything sounds straight forward.
    I ask if my qualifications are up to par for the job, he says absolutely.
    The interview wraps up.

Send a thank you letter as follow up.

Receive a curt rejection letter in response.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zen Planner in January 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen after quick response to online application, two rounds of in-person interviews, offer came shortly after second in-person interview. Office tour and shadowing of two different team members observing their day-to-day tasks during each of the in-person interviews. Overview with Team Lead afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's one thing that is NOT on your resume that you'd like me to know about you?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Highlands Ranch, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

I met with the manager, leadership team, and then shadowed the position I applied for. I was able to see the office and meet the employees which made me understand what it would be like to work there. The HR director at the time was amazing and very welcoming. It was a great interview and I gained a lot of knowledge about the company itself and the employees.

Interview Questions

• I was asked goals for this role, my past experience and how that would play into this position and this company. We discussed my personality traits and training as well.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was professional and unique. It was unique because this company cares about so much more than just doing business. It was clear from walking through the office that employees genuinely care about each other, the space is bright, the environment is fun and it was the first interview I went on where I got to pet a dog.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Highlands Ranch, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview.

Three separate in-person interviews (at their Highlands Ranch HQ) over the course of ~2 hours.

1. Interview with Director of Outbound/Inbound Sales
    2. Discussion with another mid-level sales manager
    3. Discussion with an employee working in the same capacity that you applied for

The final 30 minutes are spent shadowing someone working in the capacity that you applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Highlands Ranch, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online by sending my resume and my answers to the questions they had posted for the job opening. I was quickly contacted the next week to do a phone interview. The interview went very well and the recruiter was friendly and thoughtful. I progressed to the next phone interview, which was with the manager of the Customer Advocate team. Again, the conversation went very well, and I was invited to visit their office.

I came from out of town and traveled across the U.S. for the meeting, which I had to fully absorb the cost for. When I arrived, it seemed a bit disorganized as to who I was supposed to talk to first. As time went on each person had no idea who I was speaking to next and continued to ask if I was provided an agenda, which I wasn't. During one of the interviews the interviewer was getting distracted by people making faces through the glass and doing tricks. I felt very unimportant, and the whole thing seemed so unprofessional. I spent 4 hours interviewing and job shadowing. By the end of the interview process I was running out of unique ways to answer the same question over and over. I understand interviewing with several people, but at least ask different questions. When it was time for me to leave I felt like I was being rushed out and didn't have time to say any final words or ask any questions. It was on a Friday, so the employees seemed distracted since they were about to be off for the weekend, and they were in the middle of lighting a cake when I left.

I was told I would know an answer at the end of the interview, but I wasn't told until 2 weeks later that I wasn't chosen.This company seems like they put on a front for you when they have potential candidates walk in so that they can seem out there and fun.

Interview Questions

Zen Planner Response

Aug 25, 2015 – HR Director

As the Director of Talent and Culture I really appreciate this feedback and want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and also apologize for experience. At Zen Planner we are a... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, and then moved to in-person interviews at their office with four different people. I was there for about 2.5 hours and got a tour of the office as well. Everyone I met with seemed happy and positive, and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time in your career where you were faced with an unhappy client - what happened, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zen Planner (Highlands Ranch, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with team lead, invite for in-person interview, 1-1 in-person interviews with a few team members, job shadow (!) and a tour of the office - great communication and respect for the applicant's schedule.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose only one of the core values, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Tech Team Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zen Planner.

Interview

Be prepared for a rigorous interview process! I think I had 5 different interviews on 5 different days. They really want to be sure they keep the family dynamic and amazing culture in this place, so they are very picky about their new hires and will interview the heck out of you, and make sure EVERYONE has had the chance to talk with you and give their approval before any offer is made.

Interview Questions

• Favorite movie genre. (Really?! How do you answer that one?! IS THERE an answer to that one?!)   1 Answer