Zix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zix Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zix (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Phone interview to start then brought into meet with sales managers. If you get past that stage brought in to meet with director. Overall typical sales questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zix (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Disorganized process from the beginning to the end.
    1) Phone interview with Hiring Manager (October)
    2) F2F with Hiring Manager (November)
    HM said there could be a delay because of an additional step in the process that his new boss was implementing.
    3) Recruiting company reached out to me (January) unaware that I've already begun the interview process
    4) Passed recruiting interview, returned to Hiring Manager (February) who wasn't sure why I had to go through process again
    5) Completed online assessment (February)
    6) Waiting...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zix (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Basically the hiring manager (who does all the SW interviews) setup a OOP situation. He makes additional criteria as you progress through the interview. After about an hour we got to a point where he asked me to show how the code could determine 2 different employees. One with salary and the other with hourly. At first I setup an if condition statement which was correct, but not what he wanted. I then told him I could setup 2 different employees that were sub classes of an employee base class. He told me that since that was not my "natural" way of thinking and I leaned towards an if statement first, that I would not be a good fit there.

He went on to describe how his interview process MIGHT be flawed (since he admitted to never reading my resume), but that the way he does gets him the talent he needs.

Towards the end of the interview, he then told me that the recruiting firm that he is working with has sent 20 people in a row that he has not hired, but he was unable to understand how that was possible.

Even if I was given an offer, I would have refused since he makes the first impression of the company. Why would anyone want to work in a situation where there a different mindset is looked down upon?

If you do go through the interview process with them and you "pass" then make sure you ask for very high salary. You will get it since he is so picky.

All in all the interview was intimidating and insulting.

Interview Questions

• OOP related design problem. If you have two employees, one with salary and one with hourly and you have a test condition to determine if their wage is correct, how would you design your code?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zix (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was completely whiteboard. Very complex OOP questions. I didn't make it far, so I'm not sure what would have happened after that. Be VERY prepared for this interview, they are definitely looking for people with in-depth experience. As somebody coming straight out of college, I didn't have a chance.

Interview Questions

• A series of difficult OOP back-and-forth, ping pong questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zix (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a one on one interview with a manager. There was a coding section, a design section, and an agile development section. There was also an architecture and language structure understanding portion. The goal mostly seemed to be to confirm a technical understanding and background, as well as a willingness to learn, be flexible, and be able to communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the problem and solution that you created to an outsider without any visual queues?   Answer Question

Senior Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zix (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone via HH then in person with hiring SVP. Telephone interview was straightforward with specific questions regarding contacts, who I knew and how I would approach, solve a specific set of issues and challenges the company was looking to do/solve

Interview Questions

• Talked about role, process and focus of the needs of the company - wanted 5 referrals.   1 Answer

Deployment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zix (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

$40-45k CAD/year
    Required: 5-8 years experience

To start the interview I was asked to describe the role I was interviewing with. After completing my description I was told that "The recruiters never get it right" and had the interviewer than just repeat what I had said but including details no one outside the company would have known.

I was then asked point blank "What is a solution" with no context, I answered that it was the resolution to a problem a customer may have. I was then corrected again that a solution is when the company deploys a virtual or physical device to a customer site to perform its job function.

I come from a networking and security background and asked multiple technical questions even though this is not a technical role but you will be interfacing with technical customers. My questions were met with "I don't know, that's not my responsibility" when asking about the way software performed, how it was patched, and how they handled the past TLS vulnerabilities.

When asking about the reason the interviewer had joined the company instead of an answer I was given a history of the company which they thought was an acceptable answer.

In short the interview was full of trick and loaded questions making it seem like the interviewer was going to yell "Gotcha!" at any moment.

I declined to move forward based on this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • With your lack of experience, what makes you the number 1 candidate?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you've worked with mail servers and SMTP before   Answer Question