data.ai Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 140 of over 140 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

data.ai

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at data.ai

Interview

one pre call one hiring manager call one case presentation Overall the process is not difficult, but there are many questions from different parties. The case presentation was the last stage There were 5 people reviewing the case

Interview Questions
  • why you choose our company
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at data.ai (New York, NY) in Mar 2022

Interview

Awful, just awful. setting up interviews with them takes weeks. I don't think they care if they fill the position or not. first round is with CTO. second round is a panel of 3 (Product, data, and a no-show). Product was late and that panel like to ask questions really nothing to do with quality. They like to ask about your experience and drill further and they love asking my experience that's over decade ago. i don't think they were prepare at all, trying to "wing it" on the interview. i am totally not impressed with their leads. just an awful interview experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

204.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=data.ai~659235
Join the conversation on

data.ai

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at data.ai

Interview

In total there were 4 rounds of interviews. With mostly behavioural and 1 round of 40 min technical interviews. I'd say the interview process is similar to other companies. I felt supported when going through the technical round. The interviewer provide small hints when I needed them and allow time for me to think.

Interview Questions
  • Within a react component Provided with two arrays, sum by each index and return a new array.

data.ai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at data.ai in Feb 2022

Interview

Was contacted by an internal TA person after applying, and set up an interview time. I am not sure about the interview process, as no one on the invite showed up.

Interview Questions
  • What time for interview works best for you? We’ll schedule it and then not show up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at data.ai (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2022

Interview

Below was the full process I went through: 1. Phone screener 2. Chat with the Enterprise Architect 3. Coding challenge through codingame.com 4. Conversation with QA Manager 5. Chat with a member of the executive leadership team The team was very pleasant and informative during the entire process and it was obvious that the whole team truly believe in the product. Great experience, and although it didn't work out, I definitely had a lot I could take away from the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions and technical questions asked in a situational manner. Codingame set of questions were your standard mix of multiple choice and coding questions that were all timed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at data.ai (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

give you a case study, need 10+ h work need to present in 1 h 6h long virtual onsite follow up email ghosted follow up email again ghosted again sad very sad very very sad very very very sad

Interview Questions
  • 0. case study presentation 1h 1. machine learning 1h 2. algorithm and data structure 1h 3. SQL 1h 4. behavior questions 1h 5. business sense 1h

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at data.ai (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview process went great & really fast! I enjoyed meeting everyone & had good conversation…. But then radio silent I got ghosted. I’ve never experienced this before. I made it to the final stages, & understand some applicants match better, but let me know & not hanging.

Interview Questions
  • The basics : Work history past, how do I stay organized, how do I manage requests based on importance…

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at data.ai (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

I had seven interviews, one of which was a one-hour panel presentation I spent 40 hours preparing. I spoke with App Annie about the specifics around compensation, that the hiring manager was confident I was the candidate for the role and that an offer was being drafted. I canceled two other final interviews for equally great positions after being told that everything left was a formality and asked how serious I was about App Annie. The final round turned out not to be a formality, which is understandable. The C-level was not confident I was the right fit. After clarifying the position in my seventh round, I never heard back. I reached out to the original non-App Annie recruiter multiple times for information. It turns out that someone internal was interested in the position and has filled the role three weeks later. App Annie is a business, and it is essential to do what is best for the company and the team. Internal employees should be offered the position ahead of an outside hire in most cases. So none of the above is a problem. I always presented myself as a professional. I shared my appreciation for every team member throughout the process. I communicated my interest after each round. I never begged for the position, but as soon as I heard an offer was on the table, I began putting together a 30-60-90 plan. But as soon as an internal team member was part of the mix, I never heard back from App Annie. I had almost a month of recruiters reaching out, asking if I was available, and told them I was under the impression I had a solid offer from App Annie. I understand it is uncomfortable to deliver bad news. But that is part of HR's job. And if there is a concern of disappointing someone, imagine the disappointment plus no communication. So I want to encourage companies to do the right thing and be transparent. Expect that any quality candidate can handle good and bad news with respect and appreciation for honesty.

Interview Questions
  • Everyone I interviewed with was extremely professional and easy-going. The questions were not as formulaic as with most product companies. They are looking for a team fit, and your resume speaks for itself. I did not mind the interview process at all. The 1 hour presentation was a bit intense, but I actually thought it prepared me well for the job.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bergen op Zoom

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at data.ai (Bergen op Zoom)

Interview

Got contacted for an interview, did a case study, then another interview with Hiring Manager. Was told would heard back, but it has been 2 weeks now and I’ve been ghosted even though I sent a follow up email. I don’t know if I’m no longer considered or if they’re still considering other candidates but it would be nice to know if I was still under consideration or not.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about completing a project if you had to complete it within x amount of days?

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at data.ai (Beijing, Beijing) in Sep 2021

Interview

-Very efficient and down-to-earth process -It takes some time to prepare the presentation but it's worthy of it. -HR and managers are very polite and friendly. -Resources for the presentation are sufficient.

Interview Questions
  • -What's your view on using data on the app aspects? -What kind of data would you use to elaborate the case?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Interviews

data.ai Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at data.ai as 36.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.91 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales and Executive Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Marketing and Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at data.ai takes an average of 28 days when considering 103 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 64 days).

Common stages of the interview process at data.ai according to 103 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.69%