dotloop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dotloop Interview Questions

Interviews at dotloop

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at dotloop.

Interview

Several phone screens, and then interview with various team members. Typically an interview with "logic questions", an interview about software design and then one about specifics of coding (java/javscript/rest).

Interview Questions

• The hardest question typically would probably be a brain teaser how do you use a weighted coin to get a fair result, or something like: ball problem. if given 8 balls with only one ball being a lighter weight and all other 7 being the same weight and given a scale, how will you find the light weight ball. do this in minimum number of steps   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dotloop.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and got a reply from recruiter with a link of codility test.There were two problems to solve in an hr.I completed one correctly and the second one tried.I did not hear anything from them after that.

Interview Questions

• The second coding problem was a dynamic programming problem which was tough.   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dotloop (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of talking about the job description and a tour. It was held in the "fish bowl" which is one of their conference rooms, it made the interview exciting because of the great atmosphere.It was an overall very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Photoshop, Eloqua, or Stripe?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at dotloop (Bellevue, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, followed by an in office interview with team leads; essentially to evaluate culture fit I believe and to further assess skills, aptitude, etc. There is also then an interview with Sales Manager. The recruiter was very communicative and informative during the process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in or within the real estate industry?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at dotloop (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Well I did a phone interview with Kim Defluiter who was very knowledgeable and very professional. She is definitely an asset to that company. She made sure I was comfortable when I made it to the in-person interview. She showed me around the workplace and seemed like she thoroughly enjoys what she does.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dotloop (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was approached for an interview through the Hired platform. After a quick phone screen, I was quickly scheduled for a technical phone interview. After that, I was brought on-site for a supposed final round interview with a number of dotloop and Trulia employees in the Trulia office.

I arrived at the interview a few minutes early, and after checking in, waited in the lobby for 30 minutes past my interview start time. During this time, I emailed a recruiter to find out if there were any unexpected changes to the schedule. A recruiter finally showed up, and I had to squeeze in a 45 minute interview into 10 minutes on the phone with one of their designers who was working from home that day and had forgotten about the interview.

I continued to speak to a few other product managers. The interview questions were all fairly standard, and none of the interviewers went into any depth. One person on the interview panel did not know the basics of setting up an A/B test..

I was assured that the hiring manager would get back to me early the following week (I interviewed on a Friday.)

I never heard from the company again, and they ignored my follow-up when I emailed them asking for status update.

I understand of course that not every application merits a response from the hiring company- though some of the best companies (check out Facebook) respond to each and every application.

What's unacceptable- Dotloop- is when you decide to waste someone's time for half a day in your office, and then nonchalantly choose to ignore them after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you used metrics to make a product decision.   Answer Question

dotloop Response

Oct 11, 2016 – VP, Recruiting

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Of course when I hear that a member of my team did not reply to a candidate after interviews, it is very concerning, especially given that... More

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dotloop.

Interview

I had two phone screens with the recruiter and VP Product, followed by over 4 hours of in-person interviews with 5 people on the product and engineering team. This was followed by a Google Hangout interview with the CEO.

The whole process took about a month before communication went completely dark. I sent several emails to the recruiter to follow up and never heard back about the interview status, leaving a pretty negative impression about the company. My impression was that the interviews went well and I felt like I got along well with the team so this was a major disappointment.

After several weeks of reaching out and receiving nothing but radio silence, I lost interest in the dotloop opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions that began with "What do you think about..." the product, office, etc. There was also some product, logic, and design questions with regard to building a hypothetical mobile app for creating kids' sports tournaments.   1 Answer

dotloop Response

Jan 23, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us, and to share this feedback. It sounds like we can make some changes to improve the interview experience at dotloop. I'll be sure that this feedback... More

Document Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at dotloop (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR shortly after applying. Very friendly and interested in moving process along quickly. Had an in-person interview with hiring manager and HR, and shadowed an employee. Shadowing was helpful but employee was not prepared to explain things very well. Department manager very aloof and seemed completely uninterested during interview. Asked the exact questions they had in the phone interview, which seemed dumb. HR insisted they would be in touch and never were. I reached out and heard nothing. I would rather get a rejection than be ignored! My time is valuable, too!

Interview Questions

• What qualities would someone need to be successful in this position   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at dotloop (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview. After that, a few days later, I was called to schedule an in-person interview with the Customer Support Manager. When I got to the interview, I was given the opportunity to shadow someone equal to the position I was applying for before the actual interview with the manager. I then met with the manager, and was told she would be in contact with later in the week. Couple of days later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to deliver bad news to a customer"   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at dotloop (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening and then an on-site interview. The entire process took a little under two months. Throughout the process, the recruiter was very professional, and always kept me informed about next steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressful situation?   1 Answer