eGain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eGain Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.2

Finance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at eGain.

Interview

Interview was taken by the entire Finance Department of 5. They each came in one by one with some questions they had printed out to ask. I got a call a week later saying I had landed the job

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years"   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

A couple of phone interview screenings. Written Q&A (I did not think this was necessary or well thought-out). Two in-person. The whole process too about three weeks and they kept in touch so that part was okay.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eGain in June 2015.

Interview

It was a two month process. I spoke with 3 SE managers, an SE and the Pre-sales VP. It was a crazy process that took way to long. You are looking for an SE, I'm not going to carry the missile codes.

They had me do a 60 minute mock presentation as well. This went well. Everything went well, except that they did not offer me the job. It was very frustrating to jump through all the hoops and get only very positive feedback the whole time, and then not get the job.

I never have done 6 meetings with a potential employer and not received an offer.

I found the process disjointed, and unprofessional. It wasn't until towards the end that I learned the pay range, which turned out to be less then what I needed. They just wouldn't tell me. I asked numerous times but didn't get an answer until the end.

Knowing what I know now, I would stay far away. A very poor experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard questions, no good questions either. Very frustrating.,   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eGain in June 2015.

Interview

It went fairly quickly. I was contacted by their recruiter and did a brief phone interview. After I signed an NDA, I had two one-on-one phone interviews. If I had been selected there would have been a presentation that I would have to do. I didn't get an offer, but they were all very courteous and professional. I did gain some valuable feedback post-interview.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eGain.

Interview

I was contacted after 2 weeks of applying, they send a pre screening questioner and a phone interview , then asked me to have an interview on site. I met 3 Managers from accounting and finance department. All of them were nice, and they did not ask technical questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eGain.

Interview

Applied online, one of the recruiters reached me and did phone screen within a week, next week i was contacted for in house interview, which was scheduled for next week.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eGain.

Interview

I spoke to three different people in quick succession, with the hiring decision made immediately at the end of the process. They were all friendly and warm. They all wanted to see my past projects, my view of the company, or other things like that. I wasn't asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think our company does.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an extensive phone interview with a person in the company to whom I would be reporting directly. we hit it off really well. I was asked a fair number of tough questions and answered them to the best of my ability, but nothing inordinately complicated. Then I was invited to drive down from San Francisco to Sunnyvale for a face-to-face with several of the staff there. A couple of interviews went fine. The last interview was literally the worst and most disrespectful interviewer I have ever met. The interview was a half-hour game of I-can- ask-you-things-that-you-will-never-be-able-to-answer. This guy would scribble things on a piece of paper in such way that I couldn't read it, and then he wouldn't bother to clarify. He would ask if I had experience with a specific technology, I would tell him no, and he would ask me a question about it anyway, and then snicker to himself off to the side when I couldn't answer. He couldn't even muster the human acknowledgment of shaking my hand or saying goodbye at the end of the interview, even though I had taken half-a-day to drive down there from San Francisco, an hour plus trip each way. He snagged the paper off the desk and walked out with it, satisfied with his written proof that either of his poor handwriting, that I would not be a good candidate, or both. I hope this isn't an indication of what it would be like to work there, because if it were me, I could never tolerate this level of antagonism and competitiveness in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• lots of them that were about technology or functionality asked of me immediately after I had claimed to not know about it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 hour and a half in person interview .

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty simple. A couple SQL questions and simple support scenarios. My only issue is with the later questions, interviewer seemed to want answers they required you to know how their support system is set up. Using Telnet, knowing what Server command and control they have set up to monitor the system status. Majority of my support work has been dealing with highly protected systems from classified government systems to highly secure cloud-based servers like the Amazon S3 servers. These systems use layers of security to protect them from hacker attacks. The use of scripting protocols and permission levels would be used, instead of the security laden connection tools such as telnet. I explained this to interviewer, which seemed to actually annoy him. He was hard to read. They were having a big support issue, and it looked like he had to take over to solve it. So interview became rushed at the end.

The interviewer I met about the SQL questions, was very friendly, and I impressed him very quickly with my SQL and advanced Data Modeling knowledge. He offered my a great compliment that I had the skills they really needed on their team.   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Interview

They seriously tried to rake me over the coals. Have fun with Thomas Blume. It's his mission in life to give employees just as little as possible

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very annoying. It took forever and I felt like I was constantly getting lowballed.