ePlus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ePlus Interview Questions

Interviews at ePlus

2.8

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Poor, process spanned over three(3) months and was blamed on the "end-client" when they finally got all their resources together they contacted me again and were very strict in term of their timing and resource availability (meaning that I needed to accept the time slots given or else, very discouraging but I felt that given the role and end-client it would be worth the chance.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all about configurations of general services/options on routing/switching and firewalls scenarios. I asked how specific and detailed my answers need to to be and he said that it was not necessary but needed to understand process and outcome.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ePlus.

Interview

Company recruiters are contacted via LinkedIn. Two weeks interview with current engineers and VP levels. Smoothly staged, all decisions completed in 3 weeks. Emphasis is placed on experience with SDN and SD-WAN, and programming for cloud integration.

Interview Questions

• Adaptability to programming, technical questions about existing SDN/SD-WAN products. Experience with current job.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ePlus (North Bergen, NJ).

Interview

First conversation with recruiter, second conversation was with a tenured peer, third conversation was supposed to be with the hiring manager. First two calls went very well and was told the next step was to talk to the hiring manager. Haven’t heard a peep one way or another, totally got ghosted. Guessing it was for the best. I know this is common place but just seems unprofessional.

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ePlus (Richmond, VA) in November 2019.

Interview

I was approached by an internal recruiter for a role at one of their acquired firms but was then told I would be hired by ePlus. (ePlus has been buying VARs/integrators in the last few years) Okay, no problem. Get another recruiter contacting me versus the first person that reached out so some confusion there.
    Had multiple phone screens and an in person panel interview to finalize my part of the process. I was told a decision would be made before the end of the year and that I would get follow up if I was selected or not.
    A week after their self imposed deadline passed with nothing received, I sent an email to the recruiter to ask the status and was told that I should have been contacted by somebody else to share that they had another delay in the process with other candidates. I should get some sort of answer within the next week or so. No problem, I understand that schedules slip.
    It's now been over a month since the last contact; not even a form letter back. At this stage, my enthusiasm for making a change has waned significantly.

Interview Questions

• Experience with various network and security technologies. Walking through a customer sales visit. Pretty normal stuff, all things considered.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ePlus.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to schedule call but never responded after I gave my availability. The same recruiter calls me today randomly after a few weeks asking my availability and if I don't respond immediately she claimed to reject my candidacy. For the second time, she never responds. Totally unprofessional and simply waste of time.

Development Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at ePlus in April 2019.

Interview

Had call with recruiter, then hiring manager, then on-site, then ghosted. It's been a month,
     sent four emails to recruiter asking for status, no reply, called recruiter, no answer. Very unprofessional considering I did an on-site. A simple boilerplate "We're pursuing other candidates" reply would do.

Solutions Architect Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to schedule a phone screen and man it was disorganized. They immediately launched into talking about the wrong position and location. When I pointed this out, I had to be put on hold twice while my application/resume were pulled up. Recruiter sounded surprised and thrown off as to why the city I applied for the position in was different than my current city (because I'm moving). The confusion leads me to believe my application and resume weren't even looked at prior to the call. Are these appointments auto-scheduled by software or something??? I was barely asked any questions due to all the previous nonsense and was just happy to get off the phone.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions, just ones clarifying what I actually applied for.   Answer Question

Network Engineer (Tier I) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ePlus (Raleigh, NC) in December 2018.

Interview

Absolutely terrible. Filled out the application online, and the recruiter emailed me to set up a time to talk. After a few minutes, the interview felt more like an interrogation instead of learning about my skills that relate to the job. Questions like "why is it taking you so long to find a job" and "have you gotten any offers from other companies?" Absolutely terrible interview. I didn't even get to learn about the company. If this is what just the interview process is like, I can imagine working for them. If you didn't think I was qualified, I'm not exactly sure why I was contacted in the first place. This was a tier 1 position BTW.

Interview Questions

• Why is it taking so long for you to find a new position?   Answer Question

ePlus Response

Dec 28, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and your interest in ePlus. Our phone screen process is designed to understand both candidate fit for the unique qualifications of each role, as well as how candidates handle themselves in tough situations. We always seek to serve our customers with support reps with strong verbal communications skills who work well under pressure.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ePlus in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process began with correspondence between myself and the hiring manager. I reached out the them via a lead about the role. We confirmed a date and time for an interview, and scheduled it. The manager gave incorrect information about the location within the building, but luckily, I was able to correct it and find the correct location on my own.

They decided to have 2 sales leaders attend the interview. Both were late (one 15+ minutes late and they re-asked questions already covered by the other sales leader.)

The interview was very standard and seemed like seeing my resume in the session was the very first time they'd even looked at it.

All questions were about personal experience and they discussed the challenge with the role. Both items were items I was able to describe my success at previous places where I have excelled in the past.

Be prepared to have customer, partners, and peer references available. (Though I would consider delaying sharing this information until further in the interview process.) Focus on describing how you were successful and how you developed business instead.

During the end of the interview, I closed for next steps, confirmed that they had zero concerns that would keep me from moving further in the interview process. Both agreed they had zero concerns.

My follow up included a thank you, and then a reconnect attempt based on the timeline they provided. Both went initially unanswered and then they decided to pass on my candidacy.

My experience was unfortunate, but I'm sure it will be a huge blessing in disguise to have been passed over by this company. I had hesitated based on unfortunate experiences (which my previous mutual customers had verified about the organization that ePlus acquired (IDS)), and my own personal poor experience interviewing with IDS 5 years ago.

I hoped that ePlus would have made my recent experience better, but it wasn't, and at least this time I didn't invest too much time with them.

ePlus / IDS seem to have a very tough time keeping sales professionals employed in my market for more than 12 months at a time. They're looking for someone willing to commit a minimum of 5 years in the role.

Be smart, do your research on LinkedIn, look at how long employees stayed in their roles in your market, and reach out to previous employees of both firms (IDS/ePlus) to get an insider perspective before committing too much time here.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume...   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ePlus in February 2018.

Interview

TL;DR - Don't be upset because of rejection! 80-90% of the time it's not because of you, but because of office politics, poor job description, hope to find non-existing ideal instead of investing into mentoring, tight budget, etc. Just apply for the next one - your dream job is waiting for you!

Overall the interview process at ePlus I'd rate as "better than average".

Let's start from good:
    - Recruiter was professional and open about the salary range, which saves everybody a ton of time vs. waiting to discuss wages on the 2nd/3rd interview.
    - A detailed follow up after the interview, even stating the reason why there will be no offer (see details below) - and this is definitely something refreshing comparing to a majority companies preferring to disappear instead of following up.

And not so good:
    - By a number of clues (vacancy being open 3+ months while indicating it was opened 2 days ago; discrepancies in between the interviews; hiring manager's opinion change allegedly after talking to HR or higher management and figuring out salary requirements vs. budget) it looks like the reason for rejection is not 100% accurate, and in reality the company wants to save as much money as possible.

The bottom line:
    Never be upset about rejection! Most of the time it's not because of you.