ePlus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.9

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ePlus (Raleigh, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter about the position firsts - decent, motivating conversation. He said he thought i was a good fit for the role and would contact hiring Manager to chat with me. Hiring Mgr emailed and asked for a good time to talk and we connected for about 1.25 hrs on phone. Asked when i would hear if I was moving on and said about a week or two. 5 weeks later ... NOTHING... not a simple email saying thank you but we have chosen another candidate. I emailed both mgr and recruiter multiple times and NO reply.

This was for a customer success role - HA! probably not a good customer experience at ePlus if mgt and recruiters fail to even reply.

Interview Questions

• one- why did i leave previous position? other than that - i asked all the questions.   Answer Question

Staffing Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ePlus (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They contacted me immediately after submitting my interest on LinkedIn. I had 3 interviews (all video) within 2 weeks with various individuals. They made it seem as if I was a top candidate (especially after sending me through to the last interview with two head personelle from NY). I followed up with the company MULTIPLE times after the final interview which was in August (it's now almost September) and never heard back. They have since reposted the job. I find it incredibly unprofessional to 1. Not respond to any of my follow-ups, and 2. Not even send out a courtesy email that I had not been selected for the position. Each interview was at least an hour long, and I had three. What a waste of time.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ePlus in March 2017.

Interview

The interview with the VP was fairly regular everything else was downright a joke. This company kept stringing me along for 4 months while they kept talking about getting me an offer.
    They were intrusive, disorganized, unresponsive and at times somewhat unprofessional.

Their stories on how you get paid changed from one person to the next.

You would go weeks without any follow up then all the sudden they would want you to be somewhere to meet with them the next day.

They refused to give over an employee handbook.

They harassed for a W2 (which later I figured out was only to try and low ball me)

They constantly kept trying to get me to take a background check prior to any offer.

They talked about having a few house accounts you would receive when you would start then closer to the end they changed their story and said there would be no accounts, they wanted me to on board any accounts I had at my prior company.

From the beginning they talked about how the base would be one thing then toward the end when they talked about an offer it was 20k lower.

They consistently kept talking about "Top performers make x" Well sorry I have been doing this a long time I know most companies "top performers" Are the CEO's or some VPs kid being spoon fed business, you will never make as much as them.

When they tried to low ball me I told them I would have to pursue other opportunities then they sent me a rejection letter.

Interviewing with these guys was the biggest waste of my professional career thus far.. I think I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked standard questions - Goals, how do you penatrate accounts ect..
      The director - Do you have kids, are you married, can you bring on accounts you are working with, if you get hit with a non compete from your former employer will you hire a lawyer and pay for it.

Recruiter - Very nice but drinks the Koolaid.... She did the standard screening but she too made big promises that were never going to be kept.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ePlus in March 2016.

Interview

Great team and process around logistics, interviews and follow up. The team was very organized and knew what they wanted in a candidate. Unfortunately they decided to promote an internal resource instead of hiring new.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about me as a candidate and background as it related to the role. No surprises.   Answer Question

Cloud Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ePlus (Milpitas, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with 3 SVPs across company business lines. They are very hard working and nice people. I think it is a dream job to work there. They are looking to transform their business into a cloud player and this role is strategic:)

Interview Questions

• Please review experience? Hardest challenges of driving cloud training and readiness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They exceeding my ask and drove hard to get me to commit. Great process.

LGS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ePlus (Herndon, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

went to a career fair , then was called within 1 week as a follow up. I folllowed up with them with my further interst. I negoiated the salary as well

Interview Questions

• what you are intereested in pursuing   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ePlus.

Interview

They have excellent and professional recruiters. The HR team did a great job of moving the hiring process. First step was a call from a professional recruiter who had a detailed conversation about my background and educated me about ePlus. Next was a technical interview with one of the engineers, it lasted about 1 hour and was a pretty good conversation. The engineer asked me technical question by presenting scenarios and asked "what would I do?" or "how would I handle that situation?" I then had a in office meeting with the Director and Services Manager. That was less technical and more about project work and how I handle my self with customers. After all that they asked for some additional documents such as W2 and paystubs before making me an offer, a little weird but it wasn't the first time I was asked. I had interviewed with several other consulting type companies that asked me for that info. I guess this type of thing is getting more common.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions were tricky.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. I negotiated a reasonable salary and bonus plan for my market value.

Renewal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ePlus (Herndon, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Paul Legere, BD Executive, very interested in my understanding of CSCC and the complete knowledge of quoting in it and CCW. Now CCW will be the new and coming tool for quoting, but not quite yet.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the quoting tool...CSCC?   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ePlus (Rochester, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call from recruiter about position internal to their company. Sent resume, had a screening call with two managers, invited for a face-to-face with the support team. Team was easy going, and conversation was direct. I got a good read on the team dynamics, and hopefully they got a good read on me.

Interview Questions

• "Why Support"?
      meaning... why switch from Engineering to support.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ePlus (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Basic Interview, just took 3 total to get hired

Interview Questions

• Details around your biggest closed deal, lots of detail regarding previous customer base   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.