hybris Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hybris Software Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.5

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at hybris Software in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a recruiter from hybris. I spoke to him briefly about my background, and fit for the role. Then several steps:
    1. phone interview with hiring manager
    2. phone interview with director
    3. phone interview with peer
    4. phone interview with existing AE
    5. In person interview with presentation

All of these led to the presentation onsite. I presented on existing hybris solutions for customers that they support. It was about 3 hours with lunch/interview/presentation

All of the phone interviews were pretty typical (how does your experience translate? why do you want this job? etc.) nothing out of the ordinary

They were all very honest about the position, and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Present to manager and director how hybris supports existing customers. With a detailed understanding of the existing products. All done by research on my own from the hybris website, and industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I did an initial technical phone screen and then met with 4 different people in the Chicago office a week later. Everyone was very pleasant. I didn't get any "tech hotshots" trying to trip me up, but instead the intent was to gauge my technical ability and culture fit. Definitely a great experience (well, as great as interviewing can be!). The hybris recruiter was constantly in contact with me throughout the process

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, but I was asked a wide range of technical and behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too much "wiggle room" in negotiations, but there was some. The offer was well within the range I requested, so it ended up being a pretty simple back and forth.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hybris Software (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview panel was good at checking how strong you are technically and where you would fit.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I handover my CV in an on campus career fair and they gave me a call for an interview, First interview is at at the Montreal, QC. office and second one was on skype.

Interview Questions

• Which Frameworks you worked on ?   1 Answer
    • What is test driven development ?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hybris Software (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had one-day interview with recruiter, one of project managers and with two Java developers who tested my skills. Questions were very basic: one about JavaScript and few about Java, mostly accent was on Spring. Company is in the heart of the city, seems quite attractive. Got requested salary in the offer. Refused because I had another more attractive offer.

Senior Consultant (Java Developer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

1st interview is with a hiring company. They will ask you to change your resume around to better fit with what Hybris is looking for.

2nd interivew is over Sype with Hybris. It is very high level, and the just ask questions about your work history.

3rd interview is over Sype with Hybris. It is a technical interview. (see questions below)

4th interivew they will fly you out to Vancouver Canada and meet the staff. They give you a tour of the building, and take you out to lunch. However, you have to fly back the same night, and don't pay for a hotel.

The whole process took about 2 weeks, and shortly after the 4th interview, they will send you an offer letter within 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• JAVA
      What is Encapsulation?
      What is Inheritance?
      What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
      What is polymorphism?
      What is the difference between an Abstract class and an Interface?
      What is an immutable object?
      What is the difference between a Set, List and Map?
      Name a collection that is thread safe? (Vector)
      What are two ways to implement a Thread in Java?
      What is a servlet?
      What is String Builder used for?

DATABASES
      How does JDBC make a query?
      What is a left inner join?
      What is an outer join?
      What is aggregation?
      Give an example of a SQL query that uses aggregation?

DESIGN PATTERNS
      What is the MVC design pattern?
      What is the Facade design pattern?
      What is the Decorator design pattern?

HTTP
      What is the difference between JSON and XML?
      What are the 7 HTTP request methods? (GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS, CONNECT)
      What is the difference between SOAP and REST?

SPRING
      What is dependency injection in Spring?
      Several other questions on spring..
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them I wanted $160k a year + Bonus, and they gave it to me! Don't settle for less than 160k + an additional 15-20% yearly bonus

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hybris Software (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2014.

Interview

First an friendly interview with my boss explaining me the company and job and I explained him my experience according to my resume. Then a technical interview with many questions about the job. Then a job offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hybris Software (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a scheduled phone call, so, all questions where the common: why this company?, what motivates you etc etc. However, the interviewer sounded very stressed, could be two things a very hard day, or, it is the company culture of work.

Channel Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was introduced by recruitment agency to the VP and GM of Asia. I passed the first screen by HR then proceed to global head of channel for a phone interview and meet up the VP of Asia. The whole process take around 4 weeks then offer.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you foresee in China market to build up channel partner ecosystem in fast peace?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

fast performing interview process with a technical phone interview in the beginning and after that a face-to-face interview in the office. This all was happen in one week. As soon as HR get involved the process slowed down and missed a little bit the spirit from before.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I told my expectations and the agreed with them, as long they are insight of there expectation as well.