hybris Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hybris Software Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.5

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at hybris Software in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a recruiter from hybris. I spoke to him briefly about my background, and fit for the role. Then several steps:
    1. phone interview with hiring manager
    2. phone interview with director
    3. phone interview with peer
    4. phone interview with existing AE
    5. In person interview with presentation

All of these led to the presentation onsite. I presented on existing hybris solutions for customers that they support. It was about 3 hours with lunch/interview/presentation

All of the phone interviews were pretty typical (how does your experience translate? why do you want this job? etc.) nothing out of the ordinary

They were all very honest about the position, and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Present to manager and director how hybris supports existing customers. With a detailed understanding of the existing products. All done by research on my own from the hybris website, and industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I did an initial technical phone screen and then met with 4 different people in the Chicago office a week later. Everyone was very pleasant. I didn't get any "tech hotshots" trying to trip me up, but instead the intent was to gauge my technical ability and culture fit. Definitely a great experience (well, as great as interviewing can be!). The hybris recruiter was constantly in contact with me throughout the process

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, but I was asked a wide range of technical and behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too much "wiggle room" in negotiations, but there was some. The offer was well within the range I requested, so it ended up being a pretty simple back and forth.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hybris Software (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview panel was good at checking how strong you are technically and where you would fit.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hybris Software (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

Was one of the most scripted interviews I've ever experienced which would have indicated an incredibly inexperienced HR recruiter but I was informed that this wasn't the case at all. Be prepared to do some free creative explaining about yourself. Felt more like a kindergarten experience than a serious interview. Weeks later and still no feedback which is also contributes to a lower notch on the professional scale. Not impressed!

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky, just be prepared to talk about your experience and motivation. Being fresh out of school probably helps a lot since age was mentioned in the interview.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hybris Software (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

First phone interview then followed by personal interview.
    Phone interview was simple but technical, personal interview questions were more related to positions quality assurance techniques from both technical and business perspectives.

Interview Questions

• Both interviewers asked me some tricky questions followed by asking about my academic achievements and work experience. Finally, they asked me to find the website bugs and write test cases.   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at hybris Software (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quite simple and easy. Most questions were asked to me during the HR round, the technical round was more like do you know what Java is?
    Is it a language?
    Is it an island?
    The problem is these people lie through their teeth during the interview process. They lie about everything, just to make sure you join the company. They have lied to me about the technology stack, about on call duties, about the usage of education budget, about the management.
    I was told that they have no on call,however, as soon as I joined, they put me in the on call round with pathetic payment.
    The education budget, which the HR will mention to you can be used for any course, will be really cut short when you actually want to spend the money. On top, they never add that you cannot use the education budget within the probation period, during which they actually give you no training for the internal process/technologies and do not allow you to spend any money which belongs to you for the same either.
    What i will definitely suggest is that you make sure everything that was told to you, is written down in the contract in a way that you can take them to court over this when you do not get these things.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I handover my CV in an on campus career fair and they gave me a call for an interview, First interview is at at the Montreal, QC. office and second one was on skype.

Interview Questions

• Which Frameworks you worked on ?   1 Answer
    • What is test driven development ?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hybris Software (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had one-day interview with recruiter, one of project managers and with two Java developers who tested my skills. Questions were very basic: one about JavaScript and few about Java, mostly accent was on Spring. Company is in the heart of the city, seems quite attractive. Got requested salary in the offer. Refused because I had another more attractive offer.

Senior Consultant (Java Developer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hybris Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

1st interview is with a hiring company. They will ask you to change your resume around to better fit with what Hybris is looking for.

2nd interivew is over Sype with Hybris. It is very high level, and the just ask questions about your work history.

3rd interview is over Sype with Hybris. It is a technical interview. (see questions below)

4th interivew they will fly you out to Vancouver Canada and meet the staff. They give you a tour of the building, and take you out to lunch. However, you have to fly back the same night, and don't pay for a hotel.

The whole process took about 2 weeks, and shortly after the 4th interview, they will send you an offer letter within 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• JAVA
      What is Encapsulation?
      What is Inheritance?
      What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
      What is polymorphism?
      What is the difference between an Abstract class and an Interface?
      What is an immutable object?
      What is the difference between a Set, List and Map?
      Name a collection that is thread safe? (Vector)
      What are two ways to implement a Thread in Java?
      What is a servlet?
      What is String Builder used for?

DATABASES
      How does JDBC make a query?
      What is a left inner join?
      What is an outer join?
      What is aggregation?
      Give an example of a SQL query that uses aggregation?

DESIGN PATTERNS
      What is the MVC design pattern?
      What is the Facade design pattern?
      What is the Decorator design pattern?

HTTP
      What is the difference between JSON and XML?
      What are the 7 HTTP request methods? (GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS, CONNECT)
      What is the difference between SOAP and REST?

SPRING
      What is dependency injection in Spring?
      Several other questions on spring..   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them I wanted $160k a year + Bonus, and they gave it to me! Don't settle for less than 160k + an additional 15-20% yearly bonus

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hybris Software (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2014.

Interview

First an friendly interview with my boss explaining me the company and job and I explained him my experience according to my resume. Then a technical interview with many questions about the job. Then a job offer.