iContact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Strategic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iContact (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Great people and process. The recruiter worked with me directly and quickly got me on the phone with the manager and vp. Typical interview questions mainly about background, skills, why interested etc. Got a call back next day wanting an in person interview. This was with the manager, vp, and three team leads. They sent me some homework including to client scenarios and 1 campaign to review.

The in person interview was 3 hours and was primarily based on the scenario responses and my personality. They seem to truly value the work culture they're developing and want to make sure my personality type and how I approach problem solving meshed. I couldn't tell you want exactly they were looking for but I'd encourage you to ask culture and personality questions on the initial call to get a feel for what they view as ideal.

I was offered the job 1day later.

Interview Questions

• You're having trouble sleeping at night and have the idea stuck in your head that the lightbulb in your mini fridge isn't going off when you close the door. How many different ways can you think of to solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • You're going to dinner with friends are you the person shouting out options, the person trying to convince everyone of the right choice, the person who says you don't care?   Answer Question

Strategic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iContact (Morrisville, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Some normal interview questions and a review of professional skills. One interviewer appears to not pay attention and talk down to me. They brought a lot of people in at all levels of the company that essentially asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• They assigned homework asking how i would handle a potential spammer using the system.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iContact.

Interview

I applied online through my college, then had 2 phone interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and the second was with the VP of Marketing of the company. I was then asked to come in to the office for 3 rounds of short interviews with employees. I again interviewed with the VP of Marketing, an HR person, and another employee. All were very nice, but the VP of Marketing was kind of harsh and condescending in the way she talked to me.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iContact.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR a few days later. We had a short phone conversation, and then she scheduled a phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager missed the initial appointment, and it was rescheduled. He missed the second appointment as well. We finally connected after the 3rd scheduled call.

A few days later, I was invited to come to office for an in-person interview. No one seemed prepared for my visit, and there was a lot of confusion as to who I would be talking to. Regardless, I enjoyed meeting everyone, the job seemed like it would be a fit, and I hoped to move forward.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out, but a few weeks later, hope was renewed when I was contacted by the hiring manager via LinkedIn. They had another position open up and wanted to interview me again. I eagerly send my availability and waited....and waited...and waited. A few days later, I followed up, to see if they were still interested in chatting with me. The hiring manager replied right away and said that HR would be in touch shortly.

I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Share some ideas on how you would market our services to restaurant industry.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at iContact (Cary, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

Was kind of interesting. Had to meet the managers (two of them) and then also interview w the team. Some say that this is a good thing, as you would hope that the team would have great insight as to whether or not someone could make it in the job... the problem was that most of the people I met with were new w in the last 6 months... and they actually didn't think I'd cut it. Oddly enough the managers liked me and offered me a position w in the hour of the interview... but the team didn't so the offer didn't stand. I'd say that I disagree w the managers viewpoint that their 'experienced' team members had more insight than they did into my capabilities. The recruiter was amazingly nice and couldn't believe the team didn't like me.

Interview Questions

• tell about a certain position on your resume (they would name a certain job or leadership area)?   1 Answer

It was a mixed bag, the managers liked me (plus) but the team didnt (minus) plus I could have made more of a stir about the whole situation but just decided that this place is a big corporate ship moving the way it wants to move and my splashing around in the water wasn't going to change the direction. They may have free bagels on monday but in my opinion they are still a massive corporate cubicle. Decent people from whom I met, but I wouldn't say anything is extraordinary about the lower levels of the company. I think the executives probably have a great vision for the company but by the time you reach the bottom of the pyramid you just get lost. Plus they have a harder time keeping all of their top salesmen bc they don't pay them enough commission (can't earn 6 figures). It's not a totally crappy company but it's not a barrel of excitement either. It's a steady place to work with all that it means.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at iContact (Morrisville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process at iContact is comprehensive, but not burdensome. They look to strike a fine balance of finding the right candidate, ensuring there's a cultural fit and instilling confidence into the candidate that they want to work at iContact. What's more, the people were generally kind, intelligent and passionate about the work they do. Having visited the office, they are well organized, but were also having fun. It's always a positive sign when people are up out of their chairs talking with others and there is an active "buzz" around the floor. It tells me that people are strapped to their chairs mindlessly working their life away. There was clear collaboration and fun taking place at iContact.

I'd say the only downside was that the process, from my standpoint, took a bit longer; there was some start and stop along the way. That said, however, the recruiter was always more than willing to respond and provide updates whenever I asked about next steps.

Interview Questions

• A cornerstone to this role was retention and subscription marketing experience, so they asked about my expertise and background in these areas.   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iContact (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Call with the recruiter, interview with manager, 3 person panel interview. The 3 person was with people on the pre-sales team, although they later changed it to be pre-sales and enterprise sales employees. They were pretty good about communicating with me, and the recruiter gave a really nice tour around the office, offered me refreshments, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any sales experience?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iContact (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

The process was a lengthy one with multiple interviews, and then a panel interview that had several people in one interview session. The whole process was a little bit frustrating, actually. When people apply for positions, they don't expect to burn the road up more than a few times, wasting gas on an interview when they may not even be hired. Sorry, this ain't Cisco and FAR from a $100K job, so all that ain't necessary! I understand they are looking for "top talent," but in order for you to attract it, you should be offering TOP COMPENSATION.

Interview Questions

• Besides standard interview typical qualification questions such as describing last position, etc., some people actually asked a few personal questions that I'm certain are illegal (i.e. what do you like to do to have fun outside of work?) Like, none of your business. Not that I am adverse to working an an environment where people are friendly, but I could already see the culture when we toured the office, so I didn't need to feel that pressure during an interview. I should have realized then that this environment would be more like a college dorm than a professional work space. Friendships take time to develop (if they even do at work) so don't be so intrusive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their salary range stinks. I had to fight to get the top 25%.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iContact (Morrisville, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after I submitted application. I had a phone interview with him & then the hiring manager. I was invited to onsite interview where I spoke with leadership & team members. Everyone asked questions about my previous experience & how I handle problem-solving.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at iContact (Raleigh, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

This is a really promising company that makes a great product. They are forward thinking and young but also seem to be suffering from growing pains...I loved the energy and personality of the team but they just didn't have it together. First onsite interview after multiple phone interviews consisted of six, 30 minute meetings with various employees and department heads. Manager of User Experience, Director of Product Management, tag team of Product Managers, Director of Marketing. The 30 minute meeting were all the same with the same introductory questions and the result was a number of not-very-meaningful-discussions. iContact was hiring for several related positions and the responsibility set was totally a moving target; there was no strong vision conveyed by anyone. They look like a hip young startup that's trying to figure out how to be a large company. Trying to add organizational layers on the fly. Perhaps much of this will be worked out quickly. Product Manager salary approx 100k with superb benefits. 3 weeks vacation and various other perks

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Can you give me a detailed overview of your personal goals and the ways they have impacted your professional experience/ career?   Answer Question