loanDepot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Dev Ops Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at loanDepot (Lake Forest, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very Responsive and overall quick Process. Initial conversation was with a HR representative, with 2 Followup interviews. The first was a general, relaxed phone interview to assess my background with 2 employees. This was followed by a much more rigorous, technical interview focusing on very technical Questions, scripting abilities, and several what-if scenarios. In all the process was fair and for the most part relaxed, and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Different DNS record types and their uses.   1 Answer
    • Building simple programs in powershell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview and 2 group interview following that. It was straight forward. You have to show your driven for success and willingness to learn. You have to go through t he ACES Training and learn after you receive the job offer. It is a fast paced course that prepares you to be educated in the industry so you can provide exceptional customer service to potential borrowers.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview

Hiring recruiter contacted me. I got a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview, I got an in-person interview. The interview process consisted of writing code on the whiteboard and object oriented questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of personal questions and coding consists of how to find an angle of an analog clock and cashier machine for coins.   Answer Question

ACES Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

You first have a screening with a recruiter. First interview is a group interview with about 6 other people. This is a really basic interview to weed out people that are not serious about this opportunity. Third is a more intense group interview with about 20 other prospects.

The entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your accomplishments and why you are proud of them?   Answer Question

ACES Lending Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got the phone call a day after my submission online. Then scheduled quick interview with the recruiter a couple days after. Then another group interview with some VPs and Sales Director on Friday of the same week. The process was very fast and straight forward. Everybody was super nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and what have you done in term of competitive in the last 2 years?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at loanDepot (Lake Forest, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Well informed before interview. Clear guidelines of what my job would entail. Great questions asked by managers. Site review. met team members and partners that I would work along with and support. Asked tough questions to learn more about background. reached out to references as well

Interview Questions

• Describe an out of th box sourcing strategy implemented with success in the past or previous role   Answer Question

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed at the office in Southfield, Michgian and had the privilege to walk the banker floor. The on-boarding and initial training was two weeks in California which was an awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of your career at Loandepot   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very thorough process. From the moment I was granted my interview, I was asked to take a personality test along with an aptitude test. I was also asked to fill out some paperwork when I got to my interview to test my basic knowledge of mortgage. It was very organized, and I had never been taken through such a streamlined and organized process.

Interview Questions

• Daniel asked me about how to overcome common objections on the phone, getting away from rate for people that call in and just want a rate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at loanDepot (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter because I had applied online. The recruiter did a phone screening and asked me to come in person for the first interview. It was a panel interview with five candidates. Was contacted about one day after the interview and was notified I passed and to come in for a second interview a week later. Second interview was with a panel of 12. We were asked basic questions again. Nothing to difficult. Was contacted two days later and was told I was not selected for the position because I did not show enough drive. I was in complete shock because I have an extensive sales background and have been very successful. I answered the questions that were asked in the interview thoroughly and I had excellent responses. I was also told the first interviewer liked my energy and was pushing for me to get hired. Her opinion does not matter. Several individuals in the interview did not have satisfactory responses or even a response at all or they repeated what the prior individual responded. One candidate said he would be successful because he is always right. Try to tell that to a client. Lol, but I am sure he was selected because he knew someone in the company that is successful. Another candidate stated he like to drink for fun. Not professional at all but I am sure he was selected as well. Two different candidates from the first interview should have not made it two the second interview because one was late to the first interview, did not complete required tests before the interview and was late again the second time. I was shocked when I saw him walk into the lobby on the second interview. The other candidate that should not have made it to the second interview was stating/complaining he could not work every weekend. I know someone in the company that is fairly new and they told me that she believes they only like to hire men. Explains why I only saw about seven women in the building. Do not waste your time applying for this company.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at loanDepot (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely thorough in making sure it's the right fit for all involved. Everyone I met with was genuine. Met with 3 individuals. Once hired their team took over with a step by step process of getting everything in order for the start date.

Interview Questions

• Being self employed for 15 years how will I be able to adjust to a set schedule?   1 Answer

ACES Mortgage Originator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview-great opportunity to let the company know your strengths and weaknesses, also an opportunity to size up competition, management completely honest about opportunities and difficulties in career path, interview was a lot of fun and to the point