loanDepot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2018

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and their senior corporate IT recruiter contacted me back and had a phone interview. He asked me a few technical questions about C#, like about an access modifier, inheriting from class or interfaces, and big O notation for hashtable.
    Then had second phone interview, with a senior software engineer. He went through an interactive scenario, about troubleshooting the slow response time for a ZIP code validator. It was a neat exercise to explain my thoughts, but he didn't seem satisfied with my response about implementing it in C# instead of the database. Maybe he preferred more concrete detail, to which I would have suggested using a sorted dictionary and LINQ or search algorithm.
    I got a called back the next business day from the corporate recruiter saying I wasn't strong enough in the technical exercise. I never made it to the onsite interview(s). They were nice and tried to be helpful on the phone, which I appreciate.

Interview Questions

• Can you inherit from multiple classes?   2 Answers

loanDepot Response

Sep 21, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thanks so much for sharing your interview experience here at loanDepot. While your interview did not result in an offer, rest assured that we appreciated your time in discussing your problem solving... More

Software Architect Interview

Interview

Very smooth process. Phone screen of "design a system" followed by a three and a half hour onsite with four people.

Good mix of questions, seems like all interviewees communicated with each other so one was design heavy, two were code/white boarding heavy and another was mainly asking about my background.

However, after answering most of the technical questions, I got the sense that I wasn't perceived to be a good fit. Lots of questions such as "do you want to do this kind of work? Your resume shows you do other types of things", or "are you certain you'd be happy doing this job?"

Slightly unusual and eventually got a vague response from a recruiter that they were going a different direction. Most companies I interview at try to convince me to want to work there regardless of my fit, where as Loan Depot seemed perplexed why I was even interviewing for the job...

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at loanDepot (Irvine, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

3 hour in-person interview, one hr by each interviewer. The office is very nice, brand new office. The technical interview was an easy one, along with behaviorial questions. One interviewer mentioned there is not a real need for full stack developer there, which was a big turn off.

Interview Questions

• Data structures and past experiences   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Test at home - 8 minute test
    test at their facility - 12 minute test

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at loanDepot (Lake Forest, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR dept. The HR guy was really friendly.
    I had three interviews, 1 phone two in-person. My interview was in Lake Forest.
    The in-person interview was a group interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was professional. I met one on one with the head of my department and was given the opportunity to show my true self. The work environment seemed casual and inviting. I was able to see other employees interacting with each other and they all seemed to be satisfied. The office space was clean and neat. Everyone from the reception area to HR was polite and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a call from the recruiter. She explained the details of the position and offered it to me. She then went over my salary with me as well as the necessary paperwork. I was then told about my first day being orientation.

loanDepot Response

Sep 11, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience applying and interviewing at loanDepot.

We strive to provide a professional and helpful process from application through offer and I'm... More

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at loanDepot (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

one on one and then group interview where they ask about your experiences and how you would thrive in this intense environment on the phone for 8 hours a day!

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at loanDepot (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Mainly phone interview and potentially a face to face interview depending on how detailed the 1st interview was. After going through the interview i was told that they would love to have me with there team and that they would be sending me the necessary details as well as my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• About my experience in the mortgage industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at loanDepot (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2011.

Interview

Quick phone conversation with recruiter and then a 1 on 1 - 45 minute chat about who I was and what I was looking for and my accomplishments. What I could bring to the table and why I was good choice for them to hire me. Two days later another 1 on 1 interview with a manager on the floor who dug deeper into my sales and mortgage skills, which I can do very well and know the business inside and out. Both gave the green light to hire me an get me in the next 1 week training class.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle your day to day operation if left on your own   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations werent needed. If you are currently lisenced through the nmls they will pay you per active license.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very easy process trying to figure out what type of person I am from past work history, past income and overall making sure I would be a good fit for this company and also making sure they are a good fit for me