loanDepot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

loanDepot Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview

Invited to interview by branch manager within very short time after submitting resume. Greeting very warmly by front office staff. Interviewed by Branch and Processing Mngr together in a professional yet casual and friendly fashion. Mainly discussed experience listed on resume which they'd noticely marked with highlights, positive remarks and questions pertaining to previous experience.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel my talent and experience could be applied to the specific job   Answer Question

Jul 12, 2017 – Talent Marketing Social Media Strategist

Thanks for sharing your interview experience at loanDepot! Though it may seem like a quick review, your insight could potentially help others on their job search!

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Group interviews. Felt like a frat house. Mixed experience, but they were looking for confidence. These people want company puppies. Show coachable personalities and they sign you up. It’s a great spot to learn. But if you survive a year, take your talents elsewhere.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

If you know someone in the company who is in the clique then the interview is just a formality. You can fail their tests and you are still in.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview

Applied online. It took about 3 days to process. The first round is with HR. It was mostly behavior questions such as walking through the resume. After the first round, the second round was with the manager for technical questions.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This was actually my 5th time interviewing with them. The first time was a series of 2 interviews that were a month apart, didnt get the offer, the second time was another 2 series of interviews, that they determined I would be a fit for the position that I had originally interviewed for. This time around, I got the interview and not even a week later I get an email stating the position is on hold. Im done applying with this company.

Interview Questions

• How are you with dealing with difficult customer problems?   Answer Question

Customer Lending Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at loanDepot (Lake Forest, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

very good and competitive management is really nice and professional they are selective in the process and always very helpful they ask questions to find out what your goal and what you are looking to accomplish at loan depot.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview

Basic phone screen, went very well saying he really wants to bring me in and talk to the hiring manager and never heard back since. Communication from the very start was bad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, tell me about your role as a tax administrator.   Answer Question

Oct 16, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your loanDepot interview experience. Your comments will ultimately help others on a similar path!

Aces Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at loanDepot in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter who was pretty helpful and seemed to be pretty honest about the company. Though she spun it positively - which is her job.

Invited me to an interview with the recruiters in person, scheduled a date, received email confirmation. Took a Wonderlic and a PI test. I probably bombed the Wonderlic - I got way too caught up in solving an algebra problem and didn't finish half the test. lol.

Showed up for the interview and there were a bunch of others there dressed in suits as well - this was a group interview - I had no idea - was a little bit pissed and felt like it was a cattle call - but not a big deal. Would have just been nice to know in advance. But maybe this is how they try to see if you're adaptable.

Interview was pretty straightforward, about 12 people in the room with a few recruiters, everyone is asked the same few questions as they go around the table, all pretty generic. They then open it up to questions. They also give you a rundown of the process and what to expect at the job. It seemed like a test to see if you can talk and how you handle speaking in front of people and how you handle the nerves. If you can stay calm and confident, you are fine.

Less than 36 hours later they got back to me with feedback inviting me on to the final round. Appreciated the quick feedback.

Showed up at the second interview and was honestly surprised at some of the folks that they pushed through to the final interview - I wouldn't have thought they would have made the cut if it was up to me. But whatever. There were about 24 people in the next interview. Bigger group, definitely a few better candidates in this batch. Same format as the first one, a couple questions around the table. Followed by the sales VP giving you a blunt explanation of how difficult this job really is going to be. From what I know - don't take it with a grain of salt - he's deadly serious.

A tip for the interview: Don't ramble, don't run on and get sidetracked and trip over your words. Answer the question and move on, you don't need to give your life story when they ask about where you used to work. Some people like to talk with they get into uncomfortable situations, you'll only talk yourself into trouble, then try to talk yourself out and you'll sound dumb. If you can stay calm, be coherent, and organized in your response you are in good shape.

Again, in less than 36 hours, they got back with feedback pushing me through to the final round which is a licensing interview and background and credit check. As far as I have been told, these last steps are formalities so long as you did not fabricate your resume, have a foreclosure, or have a criminal record.

Overall it was a good process, not nearly as difficult as other panel interviews I have been a part of. I did appreciate the quick feedback and the up-front scheduling of future interviews, they set a deadline and stuck to it.

I was a little bit disappointed because of the lack of quality of some of the other candidates. At times it felt like a bit of a cattle-call. I'm a pretty qualified person with a strong resume and good background (but not in mortgage). I felt like about half the people around me were riff-raff. But college education isn't a requirement for the job, so that's natural - we'll see who makes it to the actual class.

Interview Questions

• We have one spot left - why should you be the one who gets it.   Answer Question

Nov 6, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thanks so much for leaving a review of your ACES Interview experience. We are very proud of our ACES program and we strive to develop the next generation of lenders, with the integrity loanDepot... More

Customer Lending Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at loanDepot (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online with the website. They called me and requested that I come in for a formal interview after the initial phone screening. I interviewed the first day and was called back for a 2nd. Got the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and their senior corporate IT recruiter contacted me back and had a phone interview. He asked me a few technical questions about C#, like about an access modifier, inheriting from class or interfaces, and big O notation for hashtable.
    Then had second phone interview, with a senior software engineer. He went through an interactive scenario, about troubleshooting the slow response time for a ZIP code validator. It was a neat exercise to explain my thoughts, but he didn't seem satisfied with my response about implementing it in C# instead of the database. Maybe he preferred more concrete detail, to which I would have suggested using a sorted dictionary and LINQ or search algorithm.
    I got a called back the next business day from the corporate recruiter saying I wasn't strong enough in the technical exercise. I never made it to the onsite interview(s). They were nice and tried to be helpful on the phone, which I appreciate.

Interview Questions

• Can you inherit from multiple classes?   1 Answer

Sep 21, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thanks so much for sharing your interview experience here at loanDepot. While your interview did not result in an offer, rest assured that we appreciated your time in discussing your problem solving... More

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at loanDepot (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after applying on line for phone interview of a few questions and salary range and then was selected to interview with the hiring manager the next week.

Interview Questions

• Processor test for general questions to confirm experience and then met with direct manager for overview of job duties.   Answer Question
    • Asked the average amount of loans I am able to fund in a month.   Answer Question

Oct 16, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thanks so much for sharing your loanDepot interview experience! Cheers!