loanDepot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

loanDepot Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2018

2.7

Software Architect Interview

Interview

Very smooth process. Phone screen of "design a system" followed by a three and a half hour onsite with four people.

Good mix of questions, seems like all interviewees communicated with each other so one was design heavy, two were code/white boarding heavy and another was mainly asking about my background.

However, after answering most of the technical questions, I got the sense that I wasn't perceived to be a good fit. Lots of questions such as "do you want to do this kind of work? Your resume shows you do other types of things", or "are you certain you'd be happy doing this job?"

Slightly unusual and eventually got a vague response from a recruiter that they were going a different direction. Most companies I interview at try to convince me to want to work there regardless of my fit, where as Loan Depot seemed perplexed why I was even interviewing for the job...

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Applied and within a few days I get a call telling me I don't have enough enough experience. The recruiter then continued to ask me if I even read the job req. I explained I have more than enough banking experience and education to handle this role. She then stated I don't even have enough experience to work as a processor. LOL this company is a joke. Horribly ran. HR needs to learn how to speak to people and understand the industry better.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at loanDepot (Plano, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Brief interview. Asked about experience and background. They gave me some information about the sales skills needed for the position and briefly went over the hours and pay expectations.

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at loanDepot (Irvine, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Got the chance of giving an interview after completing all rounds till director Hr calls and tell position not available and after few days again saw the position in Market.I invested lot of my time and eventually got nothing

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at loanDepot in February 2018.

Interview

I was flown in for a series of meetings on a very specific topic and role after numerous calls and emails with a C level executive member.

After four on-site meetings, we discussed next steps - and then I was ghosted. Zero information. If you don't want me just say so, this is for a senior position, I can handle it. Eventually a recruiter called me to say they don't know what their next step is. The C level exec I was communicating with should put on his big boy pants and make a call. Is this normal for this company? That is abhorrent behavior and representative of the arrogance that pervasive in the culture, not to mention immature and rude.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

If you know someone in the company who is in the clique then the interview is just a formality. You can fail their tests and you are still in.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at loanDepot (Irvine, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

3 hour in-person interview, one hr by each interviewer. The office is very nice, brand new office. The technical interview was an easy one, along with behaviorial questions. One interviewer mentioned there is not a real need for full stack developer there, which was a big turn off.

Interview Questions

• Data structures and past experiences   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview

Applied online. It took about 3 days to process. The first round is with HR. It was mostly behavior questions such as walking through the resume. After the first round, the second round was with the manager for technical questions.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Lake Forest, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Group interview after a brief phone interview. Very simple and easy. They are looking for candidates that are willing to learn how they do things and willing to work the demanding schedule.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at loanDepot (Foothill Ranch, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This was actually my 5th time interviewing with them. The first time was a series of 2 interviews that were a month apart, didnt get the offer, the second time was another 2 series of interviews, that they determined I would be a fit for the position that I had originally interviewed for. This time around, I got the interview and not even a week later I get an email stating the position is on hold. Im done applying with this company.

Interview Questions

• How are you with dealing with difficult customer problems?   Answer Question