mHelpDesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

mHelpDesk Interview Questions

Interviews at mHelpDesk

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrifield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Merrifield, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position after seeing a job posting on Indeed. They got back to me pretty quickly, I received a response via email that same day as well as a call. They just asked a few basic questions about previous work experience and told me about the job. I thought the call was to schedule a phone interview but I guess that call was it because they asked me to come in the next day. First red flag: the "plaque" on the door was a piece of paper. I walked into the office and there was graffiti on the wall and no one at the front desk - second red flag. I stood in the waiting area for a few minutes before I decided to look for someone. One of the customer service people directed me to the lounge and finally the recruiter, COO, and CEO showed up. They jokingly asked me why I was late. Interview was pretty easy. They asked me the same basic questions, some open-ended questions, they referred to sales as "hustling" then they asked me to sell them a pen like it was Wolf of Wall Street - third red flag. After the interview I was given an office tour. It seemed a little crowded and disorganized with random drawings on the walls. I dont know if the company was trying for a relaxed environment or they just didn't care. The sales area had a boiler room feel to it. The desks were side by side, cords everywhere, people on the phones talking over each other it was extremely loud I don't know how anyone can focus. RED FLAG! There was no dress code whatsoever and the management were all awkward. After the tour I was offered the position on the spot and I said that I would get back to them. I ended up declining the offer. I wasn't comfortable working for a company that doesn't require drug tests and doesn't perform background checks.

I am writing this review because I wish I checked Glassdoor before wasting my time here.

Interview Questions

The pay was very low, terrible office environment, sketchy co-workers, and horrible management. There were just too many red flags.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I applied for Mhelpdesk via Internet Web page and immediately got a call from the director of talent coordination. She was friendly, upbeat and gave positive vibes. She asked the basic questions, my current pay and what I am expecting to get if I am offered/accept the position. After the phone interview, she quickly scheduled me for a face to face interview with the team leaders. I came in, on time, was greeted by a gentleman at the front and given a personality test which sent me an email of my results at the end. Very cool. After that, I met the team leaders, was asked initial questions and they described what mhelpdesk offers for both its clients and employees. It's a great company, offers great service and has huge potential for growth.

Interview Questions

mHelpDesk Response

May 25, 2016 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing! We strive to make sure everyone has the best interview experience. We are always hiring, so please continue to check in. -Danielle Kem; Talent and HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Fairfax, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was greeted warmly and brought (at exactly the appointment time...) to a laptop to complete an online personality/career assessment test. Following completion of the online test, I was brought to a glass enclosed conference room to meet with Danielle, the Manager of Talent Acquisition. The interview was more of a conversation... I never felt like I was a "number", or like there was pressure to provide company biased answers to prepared questions. It felt like a chat between new friends...
    Although I declined the offer, I found this to be the best experience that I had during my career transition. Given the opportunity to do it again, I would gratefully accept their offer!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were forced to overcome a difficult challenge.   1 Answer

May 25, 2016 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We strive to ensure interviews are as casual and conversational as possible. Interviews can be intimidating so it is our goal to make you feel comfortable. Please... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at mHelpDesk.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and received an email a couple days later to schedule an interview. The process is slow. The interview only consisted of one question. There's no follow up nor response to emails after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

mHelpDesk Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Director of Talent and HR

Thank you for your feedback on your interview! I am disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with the process. I am curious to learn if you came in for an in-person interview and there was... More

Junior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I found the posting for this job online, and after applying then sending a follow up email their talent coordinator responded to me in a very timely fashion. I was scheduled for an initial phone interview within two days of applying and then a second phone interview instantly. During both phone interviews I was made to feel very comfortable due to their clear questions and positive attitudes. Upon arriving for my in- person interview, everyone was just as friendly as I had expected. The talent coordinator I had been in contact with met me instantly, despite arriving very early, and made it a point to make sure I felt welcomed and comfortable. In the interview itself, I could tell they were very prepared for me and were very clear about what my responsibilities and job would be.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional and respectful. They met their commitments and everyone involved was interested in speaking with me about the role. Combination of phone interviews, 1 on 1's and group interviews. No standard resume review questions, which showed they really respected me enough to have read my resume before the interviews. Everyone understood the company's mission, challenges, and what the role required. Questions required thought and preparation, and related to the job, company fit and culture. Each member of the group panel was someone I'd be working with and they were interested in finding the right person.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite mobile apps you use and what did they get right?   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2017 – Director of Talent and HR

Thank you for your positive feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your interview experience and you felt our team took the time to learn about you through the thorough interview process. We take... More

Product Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Fairfax, VA) in January 2019.

Interview

An HR person calls, then the head of the department, and then they bring you in for an in-person interview to meet with several different folks. The HR on the interview was incredibly responsive, kind and personable. The head of the department that I was interviewing with was the same, and answered all my questions quickly and kindly as well. The CEO is an incredibly inspiring woman that spent a good amount of time chatting with me too. Everyone involved went the extra mile to talk with me and be available to me. It's the best interview process I've ever been a part of.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts with developers and engineers?   Answer Question

Technical Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Fairfax, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn by HR Hiring manager to discuss position. Setup a phone call and went over the basics of what they were looking for. Setup another phone call later in the week with the Head of Engineering to go over position in detail. Phone call lasted 45-50 minutes. Went over the environment, what the position would entail and some basic questions regarding current employment/experience. During the call I asked what the salary range was for the position, what the official title would be etc, was not given an answer at that time and was told this should have been answered by HR. After asking HR, was still not given a direct answer only that the pay was "Competitive" and the Title was still being decided. HR followed up a few days later to schedule an in-person interview. Got the call to come in for an interview at their HQ in Fairfax VA. Met with the Head of Engineering, CIO and members of the engineering team. Consisted of a one on one with the Head of Engineering and a panel interview with CIO and team members. Interview lasted 2+ hours, average IT position questions and drilled more into exactly what they wanted from someone in the role. Interview was pleasant and professional, left feeling nothing was left unanswered. Was told by Head of Engineering that I would hear back about steps within the next few days. Contacted by HR a week later after not hearing anything that the Head of Engineering would be reaching out soon and asked how I felt about the interview. Did not hear back from anyone at mHelpDesk after this so I can only assume the position was filled (3+ week process). Overall not a terrible experience, company is still relativity small and growing so some parts of the process/communication could be improved.

Interview Questions

mHelpDesk Response

May 31, 2018 – Director of Talent and HR

I'm sorry that your experience with us was anything less than positive. Our team is dedicated to treating each and every candidate with the utmost respect, and I am sorry that this wasn't part of... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at mHelpDesk (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I've gotten a phone interview back in October 2016. I was informed that the job wouldn't start for about another month or so. I still reached out and got nothing but vague answers after the next month came and went. Notice that these people post job ads everyday without a closing date, so I eventually gave up even though the staff seemed nice. I just believe that the HR staff are posting everyday job ads and doing phone interviews and emails to have something to do with their day without the intent on hiring anyone!

Interview Questions

mHelpDesk Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience; all feedback is used for coaching purposes. Our #1 priority is to make sure everyone interviewing has the... More

Account Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at mHelpDesk.

Interview

Interview process is simple and straightforward. Just be yourself. If its a good fit, all parties involved will know right away. As long as you understand what Mhelpdesk does and what they are trying to achieve, you will be fine.