Materials scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Materials scientist Interview Questions

materials scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

most questions are about the technical background

average

What is the salary do you expected?

1 Answer

You have done fundamental research in your Ph.D. that involves theoretical modeling and statistics. What is your take on the kind of applied industrial experimental work that we do?

1 Answer

We have a multi-step process to fabricate our product, which we evaluate based on this one end-point metric. We would like to improve this end-point metric, but to do so, we need to better understand the effects of the various process conditions on our active material. Can you detail how you might go about trying to investigate this problem and suggest methods of solving it?

1 Answer

'Give an example of a time when you've come up with an innovative idea that had a positive impact'

1 Answer

Tell me why you decided on your particular degree path

We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?

What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?

all technical questions, some personality assessment questions, my background, interests, reason for seeking the position

Asked me a range of questions related to computational materials science and machine learning. Some questions were about how I would interact with customers.

110 of 32 Interview Questions