Materials scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Materials scientist Interview Questions

materials scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the salary do you expected?

1 Answer

8k+, it is a little tough for me. It is neither about personality nor tehcnical skills, so I am not sure how to answer this one proproly.

most questions are about the technical background

1 Answer

You have done fundamental research in your Ph.D. that involves theoretical modeling and statistics. What is your take on the kind of applied industrial experimental work that we do?

1 Answer

We have a multi-step process to fabricate our product, which we evaluate based on this one end-point metric. We would like to improve this end-point metric, but to do so, we need to better understand the effects of the various process conditions on our active material. Can you detail how you might go about trying to investigate this problem and suggest methods of solving it?

1 Answer

'Give an example of a time when you've come up with an innovative idea that had a positive impact'

1 Answer

Q. Why are you interested in the role? Q. Overview of your background? Q. What is your past experience related to this opportunity? etc... Q. Also, there were many technical queries related to the projects and past experiences.

1 Answer

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Walk us through your background/previous experiences. (This was followed with some more specific questions about my experiences/projects)

1 Answer

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?

What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?

Tell me why you decided on your particular degree path

110 of 44 Interview Questions