Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

3.4

Manufacturing Engineer Rotational Interview

Interview

pretty straightforward, comfortable questions, had specific ones based on your major. There is also a survey you must fill out when you apply or you will not be considered further in the process.

Interview Questions

• what is something in current events that applies to our company, have a few examples ready   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online during Sept. then heard back 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. It was outsourced by a HR company and lasted 30 min. Then 2 weeks later I was contacted for an in person assessment in Indianapolis. There were 2 presentations and a group assessment.

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview request was made by e-mail, scheduled for the following week, got a call from one of the HR Staff not the Recruiting Manager who contacted me for the interview. Very loud back ground noise from other employees making conversation during the entire process. Very disoriented for interviewee and the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have and describe any special knowledge   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer in management after he had received my resume. He promptly emailed me to arrange an interview in person at the plant. I interviewed and was given a tour of the plant.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

One behavioral interview. Asked a lot of behavioral questions and took about half an hour. It was a phone screen interview and the interviewer was very nice. Had a good conversation about what I want to do at the firm.

Supply Chain Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (East Lansing, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was selected to interview on my school's campus. I was interviewed by 2 people for half an hour, the questions were mostly behavioral and were not too difficult to respond to.

Interview Questions

• What current events are going on in the economy or world that could have an impact on Rolls-Royce's operations, and what would that impact be?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. The interviewers were very laid back and relaxed, making it a comfortable environment. I talked with them at a college career fair and was called later that day for an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is a time you have had to work in a group towards a difficult goal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were given a task to complete that you were unsure how to complete. How did you go about completing it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The hiring process took about 10 weeks from application to offer acceptance. It was the most unorganized process I've ever experienced, but I'd like to think this is due to 1 inefficient recruiter.

Applied in August and received an email request for a phone interview 2 weeks later. About a week later I received an email request from a different recruiter for a face-to-face interview in Indianapolis. Within a day or so they had organized my flight and hotel and forwarded me interview confirmation.
    I interviewed about a week later.
    The interview was easy. They asked questions about my background, told me about the position and their expectations and gave me a brief tour of the facility. Most of the discussion was me asking questions.
    The day after my interview I received an email from the initial phone interview recruiter stating that I will no longer be in contact with her (or the second recruiter) but will need to contact a new person going forward. okay....
    I received an offer the next day via phone, but didn't receive the letter for a week. I countered the very next day and didn't receive an update for a week. This negotiation untimeliness made this process extremely long and tiring. When I was lucky enough to get in touch with the new recruiter she was disorganized and untimely. We went back and forth over PTO, base salary and start date. Start date constantly changed because it took so long for them to counter.

Final paperwork was signed on week 10 and I started 2-3 weeks later.

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

So far the process has been great! Great communication easy to follow instruction on how to prepare for the interview. Questions were answered immediately. Travel arrangements were set up in advance for me. Expectations were made clear and concise. Never had an interview so well organized.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Walpole, MA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter in the Philippines. One of the questions was what is your total current salary with benefits and what do you want to be at? Later, the hiring manager on the phone interview stated that my salary was too high. There was a miscommunication there in that he did not understand the information provided to him was with benefits.

The phone screen was fairly easy with emphasis on general technical questions. I was informed that if they wanted to move forward they would be in touch within a week. I got a call the next day to schedule the interview.

The on site interview in Walpole, MA was a bit odd. It was with the hiring manager and the technical supervisor. They asked completely different technical questions from the first interview. It was obvious the technical supervisor didn't like my background experience despite the hiring manager being very interested in my background. They also when asked did not provide any details on benefits or any meaningful answers on workplace culture. I briefly met the boss of the hiring manager who also did not provide any information on the company's benefits package besides "we have an industry standard benefits package." This canned line was a huge red flag since I was looking for them to sell me on the above average 401k match policy employees have written about in company reviews within the past year. The plant tour was decent. While small, it was nice to see they were in the middle of upgrading the facility.

In the end, I was OK with not getting an offer due to all of the red flags and non answers I got.