sweetgreen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at sweetgreen (Arlington, VA) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied through the website and was Emailed the very same day asking if I could come in for an interview 2 days from then. Before the interview I was handed a piece of paper to fill out asking about my availability and experience. Next to the availability box there was a note saying “open availability” or lack of will affect the hiring decision. I had a lot of availability which was helpful. The rest of the paper listed things I’ll be required to do/use on the job (cash register, industrial kitchen equipment, commercial dishwashing, use of a chef’s knife, preparing food) and asked whether or not I had 0, 1, 2, or 3+ years of experience with each one. Thankfully I had at least 1 year of experience with all of them. I was asked only two really basic, easy interview questions then was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

sweetgreen Response

Jul 2, 2019 – Corporate Recruiter

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience in the interview process and hope you are enjoying your time as part of the sweetgreen family so far!

Marketing Interview

Interview

Emailed marketing chair upon seeing listing and spoke with marketing associate over the phone for about 40 minutes (this was the "first round"). Did not hear back from them even after repeated follow up

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at sweetgreen (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very fun and learning experience, unlike any other job interview. They had us work in groups with the people who wanted to work at this job and create an skit based on the name sweetgreen to get people to come and eat here

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at sweetgreen (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email after one week and a half later. It was a fairly easy interview I would say, they asked me couple question for an in-person interview and the interviewer was nice and asked a lot of question regarding about my background

Interview Questions

• If you are given in some situation what would you do? what would be your choices of an action?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at sweetgreen (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Childish, they made you come in with a group of about 20, play games with each other. Then, after the games we moved on to one on one interviews, after the interview about an hour later I got a call and received the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at sweetgreen (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was very informal. Most of queistions were ; what would you do in this situations type of interview. It was a very wasy interview. It was a business casual dress code.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your privoues job   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at sweetgreen (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with multiple people after waiting for about fifteen minutes. Interviewer was asking us both questions and answering at the same time in a mildly chaotic way. It was a little awkward as the interviewer seemed to make a personality judgement after about 5 minutes, leaving the two of us answering a roll of bored questions with no follow up or attention paid. which is fair, but yeah, awkward.

Interview Questions

• Difficult experiences I've had in the past with customers, things i'm personally proud of.   Answer Question

Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at sweetgreen (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with an Area leader where we had an interview in the corporate office. He was very informative, spoke a lot of his success and how he got involved with sweetgreen. He painted a good picture of the company and definitely knew how to motivate. In the long run, the company does not offer as much support as they should. Instead of opening so many locations, they should focus on the one's that are already opened and perfecting their concept. Otherwise, they are going to continue to lose their good people and be far more worst than chipotle without any possible comeback.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at sweetgreen (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

laid back more of a panel based interview rather than one on one the people who interviewed me were very interested in why I wanted to work there and what I thought made me a good candidate and a good person

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be a good fit for sweet greens   1 Answer

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at sweetgreen (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was pretty long for me. After I submitted my application, I received an email with in an hour asking my availability for phone interview. I was interviewed 3 times; twice on the phone and once at the “Day in the Life”. It was a lot to be offered a position a lot lower than I currently hold. (GM) A simple “We’re sorry we didn’t find you suitable for the position” instead of a low ball offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you develop a team member.   1 Answer

Salad Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at sweetgreen (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by D'arcy, he was funny and the way he interviewed me was like he was becoming a new friend of mine so he made it more comfortable to be myself.