I worked at Simplex full-time (More than 3 years)
* You start becoming productive on day one. There is no drawn out onboarding process. You start writing and committing code right away. The transition is smooth yet definite.
* The team has some really smart engineers who perform at a very high level. It is surprising how every developer does so many different things and does it well.
* You get total ownership of your projects and you mostly have complete autonomy on how to go about it and there is always help if you need
* Good production monitoring system
* The developer workflow tools/platform could use some upgrading
* Emacs not installed on all machines by default (LOL, j/k)
I applied online. I interviewed at Simplex (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.
logic test. Asked a bunch of math/brain teasers. The questions are very simple and stupid. I will not do it again. Questions are generally high school level. The person administrate the test is very stupid.
Want to look at raw exchange data? Want some test data for your low latency order book? http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIpNZ
Would you have made these optimizations? Come work at Simplex. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIKWk
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –