ACD Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Merrill Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Keep your own hours, work from home (in 10 reviews)

• They offer quick pay, and very flexible scheduling (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, call volume extremely low durning non season months (in 9 reviews)

• I feel as if it was punishment lowering your rate of talk time pay (in 6 reviews)

"Decent money"

I have been working at ACD Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their peak drive seasons are 4x per year. The money during this time is pretty decent b/c the call volume is higher. I was able to earn $1600 in one month working only part-time, night hours. They are very responsive to inquiries and questions so that you can do well. I also love the fact that 95% of my calls are pleasant b/c I am not selling or up-selling. Just taking donations. I also love the flexibility of setting my own hours; they have call volume availability 24/7.

Cons

I did well enough to be invited to continue taking calls during the off-season. Unfortunately, the pay is very low b/c the call volume is non-existent. 1 night I earned $4 (TOTAL) for a 4-hour shift. So it's best to have another job/gig and use ACD as a supplement to your regular job.

"Work from home agent"

I have been working at ACD Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set your own hours. Good bonuses during peak season. Some of the people reviewing don't seem to understand that ACD is SEASONAL. You are not supposed to have high call volume during off peak times. During the times when call volume is high, I'm making good money.

Cons

It can be a little slow sometimes.

"Call Center Agent"

Pros

Able to pick your schedule, only required to work 10 hours per pay period.

Cons

Low pay, call volume extremely low durning non season months.

Advice to Management

Give the employees that have been with the company a long better incentives like: not having to use points & better pay

"Not even worth the one star"

Former Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

Pros

You pick your own hours. That's really all the pros I can think of

Cons

Not only not enough hours, but you get paid by talk time (how many minutes you actually talk on the phone and not how many hours). If you're like me and can only work evenings/nights, that mean you get maybe $3 for a four hour shift TOTAL. Also, they will email you to death demanding that you finish your training or you will be dropped however all you need to do is your test calls which they never schedule you for. I finally quit because I have better things to do with my time than site in front of the computer staring at it waiting for calls. That was over a month ago, and I am still constantly getting emails telling me to sigh up for shifts.

Never again.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I was constantly emailing management trying to get scheduled for my upgrades, and NEVER got an email back. When I posted on their facebook page management would tell me to be patient and to not post disparaging remarks/complaints on their page.

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Zero Pros from me. I wish i could warn everyone before wasting their time.

Cons

The worst job ever....No money to be made & if you do make any money they take it from you. If there were a star less the one i will give it to them. Work here at your own risk.....

Advice to Management

Stop stealing your agent's hard earned money. You already make enough

"Fire me like a man."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Great call volume during peak seasons 3 times a year.

Cons

They keep hiring people and it dilutes the amount of work available for people to make a good amount of money. They are constantly hiring despite having enough employees so I would be logged in 8 hours and make maybe 2 dollars for the day. They also fired me because I did not sign up for the 15 hour minimum. Why should I sign up when I don't make any money. I signed in and no phone calls would come in. They should get rid of the minimum hours. I just logged in one day and my credentials were invalid.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the minimum hours requirement. If you are going to fire someone at least have someone to call them to do it. Or send an email some sort of communication. No one communicated with me at all. I just lost a years worth of skills that I worked hard to get and NO ONE CARED enough to call me or email me or text me.

"Run, DON'T walk away from this company!"

Pros

Absolutely nothing. They take money from their agents. They constantly hire new people in an attempt to bank on background check fees. There are never enough hours. I seriously can go on & on...

Cons

Your account becomes deactivated, due to inactivity but there are never any hours for one to commit to on a consistent basis. I had to take a 2nd work from home job, just to make ends meet. I was always one of the top 10 agents. My stats were impeccable. When ACD Direct deactivated my account, I was never notified. I was then advised that the only way I could reinstate my account was to retrain & thus, pay an additional $30 for yet another background check. This is how ACD Direct makes a majority of their money! I've worked from home for over 14 years. I have become at expert at spotting companies who profit from their agents, as opposed to the clients who hire them. Any company, work from home or otherwise who take their workers money are scammers, pure & simple. When I confronted management about the fact that I couldn't afford to pay "$30 a pop" to reactivate my account, an account I was never warned beforehand was due for deactivation due to inactivity, a gentlemen whom I've never "spoken" to before emailed me to reiterate that legally, they weren't obligated to warn me about anything & that I should have logged in & posted hours on a regular basis to avoid deactivation. "Post hours"? WHAT hours?? Anyway, you may take my advice or you may leave it. But there are way better work from home companies out there. The best of luck to all!! :)

"spirit busters"

Pros

working from home and self scheduling

Cons

The spirit busting attitudes of management with the feedbacks

Advice to Management

Stop the negativity

"Good for SAHMs"

I worked at ACD Direct part-time

Pros

Keep your own hours, work from home

Cons

earn money per call, not for how long you are logged in, low call volume

Advice to Management

Supervisors need to be more helpful with problem calls; perhaps schedule more than one supervisor per team for better availability

"far from the best"

Current Employee - Contractor
    Current Employee - Contractor

Pros

you can schedule by the half hour which is convenient, any hour of the day, its simple work

Cons

most of the spots for schedules are taken in seconds so unless you built up points to buy your schedule you dont get choice picks you need or want most, training is inferior, Leads are unresponsive, you can ask a question by email to them and your get varying answers that contradict each other, they dont care if you make it work or not, they dont try to help....they only say they are there to help, the tools they have for you to use go down and dont work alot but your expected to still do your job.....
    Almost impossible to make average 4 minute calls so impossible to make bonuses

Advice to Management

have better training , need better reviewers and management people willing to actually work. There should be phases with one on one's during that time to go over issues