AbleTo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Rob Rebak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wishing the company much success."

Former Employee - Engagement Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Engagement Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at AbleTo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AbleTo's vision, mission and product are all wildly passionate, innovative and crucial to the future of the betterment of traditional healthcare and the inclusion of behavioral health in future patient-centered treatment plans.

Cons

As a startup, new entry-mid-level employees are faced with great challenges -- an at-least month-long training period which is graciously compensated, but not until the end of the first month. This honestly made it completely stressful and unrealistic to succeed when being exposed to so much new information so quickly, coupled with learning a new product and new engagement techniques.

Advice to Management

As a startup, it is very hard to not "go by the book," when it comes to new-employee policies and procedures. Unfortunately, I had to end my advancement with the company due to a policy discrepancy. This could have been easily avoided with a more personal approach to a very specific human-resources centered situation.

2. "Would Recommend to a Friend :)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AbleTo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big vision, experienced leaders, great culture, fun colleagues

I have been with AbleTo for more than a year. When I joined, it was called AbilTo, and it was going through a lot of change. I feel like the company has completely transformed since then. I really enjoy the people I work with, and I feel the leadership has a good understanding of how to move the company forward. There's a great sense of camaraderie across teams, and a very tangible commitment to the mission. Even though this company is smaller than my previous employers, my manager is invested in helping me grow and develop as the company grows.

The company recently began sharing stories and testimonials of actual participants in AbleTo programs at monthly employee meetings. Every time I hear these stories, it drives home how much of a difference the programs can have on people's lives and it motivates me - even when i get caught up in the day to day routines.

I have referred a few friends for jobs at AbleTo because I genuinely feel proud of working here. I think it's not often you find a place where you enjoy the work and the people, but also feel like you're making a difference.

Cons

Rapid growth means keeping up with change and handling ambiguity

Advice to Management

More communication is always better, given the pace of change. The company should offer free lunch every day - not just on Mondays.

"Amazing Colleagues"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at AbleTo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a fantastic experience working for AbleTo for almost 2 years. Great teamwork and work culture that I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. I wasn't micromanaged and was able to work remotely when I requested ahead of time. My direct supervisor was flexible and understanding. The environment was fast-paced and embraced the start-up life (open collaborative workplace setting) and people were able to move around to interact if they chose to.

Cons

Lack of transparency from upper management, the engagement center and the corporate teams (operations, sales, marketing, etc) are silo from each other, constant changes

Advice to Management

There's a lot of talent already in the company and I would urge you to recognize your employee's potential. Therefore, promoting from within will encourage employees to be committed to the company and be driven to excel.

"Great company, great mission, inexperienced management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AbleTo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a huge focus on creating high quality programs, which doesn't exist anywhere else right now. Work-life balance is great with working hours from 9-6pm in the corporate office with no expectation to answer emails off-hours. The working team is full of fun, mostly smart people who hang out together outside of work on occasion. Very collaborative atmosphere.

Cons

The new CEO joined 9 months ago and brought in a new management team who are very senior but poor at managing teams. There is a huge disconnect between the management team and the rest of the team. The working team is not empowered, not included in strategic conversations and is left to do the grunt work. Management doesn't care about professional development, this is a place they want to put experts in roles to grow and flip the company asap. Salaries and equity rewards are below market despite the mature stage of the company.

Advice to Management

Clearly define the roles for the people you hire and deliver realistic expectations about what their career trajectories will be. Define the path to advancement or else you will continue to lose people.

5. "Behavioral Coach"

Current Employee - RN Behavioral Coach in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - RN Behavioral Coach in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AbleTo (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are professional, friendly and helpful to work with

Cons

Pay is lower than average.

6. "Decent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at AbleTo (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Great People
    AbilTo provides a life changing service, which everyone can get behind.

Cons

New, small company experiencing alot of growing pains. There is alot of turnaround from staff.

Advice to Management

Communication is key to success. Figure out how to be more transparent across the board.

7. "Great organization!"

Current Employee - Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AbleTo (More than a year)

Pros

Telecommute with a flexible schedule. Supportive management and CEU opportunities are provided.

Cons

I can't identify any cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

8. "LCSW"

Current Employee - Lcsw in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lcsw in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Flexible schedule, work remotely, excellent continuing ed with renowned presenters, good support

Cons

Inconsistent workload, sometimes extremely busy, other times extremely slow. Growing pains causing problems with computer system utilized to input work.

Advice to Management

Change in policy that forced cost sharing effectively eliminated my caseload for a long time. Return to the previous policy of lenience in collecting copays.

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Therapist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Therapist in Columbus, OH

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good supervisory support, free ASWB approved trainings, evidenced based practice model, enjoyable client population, excellent client care.

Cons

Variable caseload, need to be flexible with system outages

Advice to Management

Continue to support the teams, acknowledge successes and outstanding performers.

10. "Ideal"

Current Employee - Behavioral Coach in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Behavioral Coach in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at AbleTo part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

How fabulous to utilize my mental health skills and medical knowledge right from the comfort of my home office! I love being an independent contractor and setting my own work hours via telecommuting. Great having excellent clinical teamwork and support.

Cons

Must be your own boss with good time management and flexibility.

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward as you do!