Absolutdata Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Anil Kaul

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent set of people working with you; Good work-life balance; Good facilities" (in 14 reviews)

• "Good learning, work life balance" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Market Insights Consultant in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Market Insights Consultant in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Absolutdata (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Work Place, new initiatives, great learning

Cons

doest utilize all that the employees have to offer

2. "A very badly managed company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I worked at Absolutdata full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The so call management is clueless about management. So basically you can do anything and they literally won't know.

Cons

I can only speak of my experience. So beyond, it's up to you to judge how much you want to accept as the truth.

The so call management in this company is clueless about management. In their mind, micro management is management. Rather than really understanding what the clients need and what is truly value added, directors and managers alike would focus on the most petty things.

HR is very unprofessional and incompetent. Would set up meetings only to not attend them. In multiple occasions, HR had fire individuals, but would report to local governments that the individual resigned. Creating confusion and chaos when individuals apply for government assistant programs. HR in India does not understand and does not try to understand local laws.

Salary may be good for a job, but when you look across the industry, the salary is definitely below average for a comparable job.

They will withhold part of your fair pay and call it retention bonus (Yes. They under pay). There is also performance bonuses and sales bonuses, but there are absolutely no benchmarks or milestones on the evaluation. It's entirely subjective and one way. Somehow if you don't sell, that also mean you are not performing 100%, does not matter if you are sales or not, and even when there is a sales bonus which is suppose to be the sales evaluation. They also have the tendency to delay bonuses for over 5 months. Without giving reasons. Likely because there are cash flow issues.

Management has no idea what clients want. The only objective is to sell, even when the offering provides little value to the client business. There is no desire to understand what the client needs.

Without naming anyone, a high ranking management individual lied to the client in different occasions on business matters. For a time, this individual was actually flagged and was not allow to enter the client's head office in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Get it out of your head that you are running a company. You may have a company right now, but only because you have some good employees. If the management team does not change, soon enough there won't be a company. Might be for the best.

Prove? Clients/business partners literally said "I like you guys working for us, not Absolutdata. They don't do anything for us. So we are phasing them out."

More prove? What I say may be subjective, but I definitely have prove to back what I say. So if anyone from Absolutdata try to dispute, I will 100% back it up.

Maybe things are better in India, but they absolutely have no business being in North America.

Absolutdata Response

May 13, 2018 – Team - Talent

Hello!

We really appreciate your taking the time to share such a candid and elaborate feedback. These issues seem to be very specific to a particular situation...and while we do not agree a... More

3. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Absolutdata full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work Flexibility and expanded learning scope

Cons

Sometimes an employee is stretched

4. "Marketing Analyst"

I worked at Absolutdata full-time

Pros

Company has some good clients through for Mckinsey contacts but that's about it.

Cons

Lacks proper mentorship and leadership. No consideration for employee preference for teams. Bad work life balance

"The organization is on a plateau and wishes to be there"

I have been working at Absolutdata full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Some new age research and analytics to work on
    - ownership of projects from early on in career
    - open floor policy and helpful colleagues
    - opportunities (only if you have the drive to catch and reap them)

Cons

- Very lethargic middle management, focuses only on day to day management instead of working towards long term vision
    - Very little clarity on operational strategy
    - Tends to work as a project management team rather than solution builders
    - very little coordination between sales and operation teams (no incentive to build and communicate it)

Advice to Management

- Communicate your vision as often and with more clarity than now

6. "General Observation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Absolutdata full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to execute on most opportunities and to develop propositions for most sectors. They have a can do attitude when it comes to new challenges.

Cons

The management team are very well connected at the hip and therefore difficult to get on at the very senior levels unless you have been brought in as a colleague / friend. They do not adhere to their promises when it comes to pay.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees and be open. do not make promises that can not be kept eg. bonuses. Its not all about the number of employees you have that shows your success.

"Terrible Middle Management"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Absolutdata full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is a great speaker and has a great vision

Lower management and analyst teams are motivated and collaborative

Cons

HR is inconsistent in performance reviews, metrics, and incentive structure.

Necessary to be aggressive in order to get support from the company (reimbursement, travel funds, project resources)

Sales team can promise the world to clients and then leave the execution to an unprepared team

8. "Good place, great potential!"

I worked at Absolutdata full-time

Pros

CEO, Type of work, solid foundation

Cons

Leadership under CEO, Work-life balance

Advice to Management

Need efficient second layer!

"If you want to work with VERY smart people from an outsourced analytic company - absolutdata is your company."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Absolutdata full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management have some of the smartest, articulate people I have met in the analytic industry. Also, I've never experience such a company with an positive emphasis on family and individuals. A birthday or anniversary will NEVER go unnoticed.

Cons

Sometimes there can be problems with IT data flow.

Advice to Management

You are phenomenal. Keep doing what you are doing, please.

10. "Operations"

I have been working at Absolutdata full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Different types of projects, flexibility to connect with people thus leading to new learnings..

Cons

Work life balance goes for a toss at times

Advice to Management

Pkease try to retain good talent