Absolutdata Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Absolutdata Interview Questions

Interviews at Absolutdata

2.7

Sort:

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Absolutdata in May 2013.

Interview

My interview process consisted of 4 phone interviews and one on site interview. The phone interviews were behavioral based with a recruiter, the Global HR manager, and the EVP. They were pretty straight forward. The on site interview was with their CEO which was a technical interview

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you have learned? Can you teach me it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Absolutdata.

Interview

I initially had a HR screening after which I had 3 interviews before I was verbally offered a position. The interview process included questions related to data management and questions based on the case studies.

Interview Questions

• I basically had questions related to SQL and case based questions.   Answer Question

I was quite impressed about the company while I was interviewing with the associates in the senior management from AbsolutData. However when I was offered a position by the HR department, things weren't straight forward. First of all it was so difficult to communicate with them due to the time difference between India and the US. And also, down the line I felt the HR team was not professional enough to communicate well during the salary negotiation phase.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Absolutdata (Idaho Falls, ID) in April 2014.

Interview

Hiring began with an email from a Human Resources Associate in India. The hours of contact were understandably VERY odd given the time difference. I was screened through 3 sepearate phone calls and then interviewed with an executive via Skype. The whole process beginning to end took approximately one week. The HR associate seemed to advocate for me, and the second interviewer asked puzzle questions, while the executive seemed to generally just scoffed and exuded a pompous undertone in his speech. At the end of the process I was told I would be contacted. No contact was made, I reached out to the HRA three separate times and was told the manager was "thinking about it". Never received a response. Unprofessional and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• If there are three boxes, and they are all incorrectly labeled with one of three different fruits, how many boxes will you need to open to determine which fruit is in which specific box?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Absolutdata (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Exec recruiter contacted me and outlined the job and company's plan. Phone interview with India-based HR person, then Interviewed with founders and VP of Sales. Then interviewed with a new VP of Sales, who offered me the job after a brief negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a service that you cannot demo and that the client cannot experience until after they have bought it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple - Sales role, so Base + Commissions. Limited negotiation period, we met in the middle on base.

Senior Manager/Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Absolutdata.

Interview

Pretty un-organised. They were not sure for what profile they would like to interview me. They wont listen to your ambitions and self evaluation. At every call they offered me a different profile. Most funny part was HR round first and then followed by technical round. I declined their offer because they seem affected by pre-conceived notion which is surely a bottleneck in being creative and getting independence in work. The body language of the interviewer was someone who is not interested in talking to you.

Interview Questions

• exactly nothing. Not profile related questions but general talk without any direction.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was asked to come to company's office in Hinjewadi for face to face interview. HR kept me waiting for approx 2 hrs and then said you have been scheduled for telephonic interview and can leave for the day. HR was extremely rude and uncooperative and just to cover up her mistake also told my interviewer that I was rejected in the telwphonic interview (which never took place). I have never seen such an unprofessional HR even in my IT career.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. Interview never happened. I waa just kept waiting.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolutdata.

Interview

It was a short video interview. Most of the questions were on fit with the company and what I knew about the company.
    The interviewer wanted to know more about why with my background I would want to work with their company. I had three years experience in an unrelated field and I guess he wanted someone who had background in data analytics which I unfortunately didn't have.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work with us? Even though I had given reasons for this before this question was asked.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Absolutdata in November 2014.

Interview

telephone interview, The interviewer is very nice and friendly. I introduced my work experience for about 8 minutes, and they introduced the position to me. Then they offered a face-to-face interview opportunity.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolutdata (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

There was a written assessment in the first round where general aptitude that tested logic and math skills.
    Selected students were called for the Group discussion round (GD) where the topics for different groups varied drastically from current affairs to general opinion based topics.
    After that was the interview round, which generally lasted about 15 minutes. General thought structure, alertness and logical creativity was tested along with a few questions on statistics.

Interview Questions

• Questions on statistical formulae   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Absolutdata (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial communication over phone, invitation to visit the office for the first round of interview, second round after a week, and then another round after 4 days and then the final round with one of the co founders. Smooth interview process, however it could be more efficient. HR rep needs to make sure that the candidate does not have to wait for 2 hours (sitting in the office) to get the interview feedback.

Interview Questions

• The job is boring and does not have any challenge. How would you motivate yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please negotiate hard