ActivEngage Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
ActivEngage Co-Founder & CEO Todd Smith
Todd Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Gym membership, health benefits, working in a/c (in 22 reviews)

• a free gym membership if everything goes right (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Some Team Leaders would allow their favorites more privileges (in 9 reviews)

• Everyone from upper management down to the Chat Specialist has quit for greener pastures (in 9 reviews)

1. "They're Grrrreeaattt!"

Current Employee - Chat Specialist in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Chat Specialist in Maitland, FL

I have been working at ActivEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company values employees and has an excellent training program and you get full free benefits.

Cons

The starting pay is very low.

Advice to Management

Please pay us more.

2. "They try"

Pros

Employer paid health insurance. PTO. As long as you hit the bare minimum metrics and show up, you've got a solid job. Bonus program. The two training managers are excellent.

Cons

What is there to say that hasn't already been said? The communication is abysmal. I'm not sure what the DMs do other than take their time doing everything. I understand they have a lot to do but why am I waiting weeks to hear responses to basic questions, if I'm lucky to get one at all? The company as a whole is prone to repeating the same mistakes. There are chat specialists that will whine to get their way and it works.

Advice to Management

What everyone else has said.

3. "Chat Specialist"

I worked at ActivEngage full-time

Pros

At the time, activEngage provided a gym membership to the RDV and full time insurance after just one month of employment.

Cons

Some people don't pull their weight.

Advice to Management

It is nice that many people are promoted from within. But I wouldn't assume just because an employee is a competent chat specialist that s/he will be a competent manager.

4. "Okay"

Former Employee - Chat Specialist

I worked at ActivEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. (they tell you it was hard to get it, but not really).

Cons

It gets old fast. People leave all the time. Stressful because of all the rules and guidelines.

5. "Only pro is consistent pay"

I worked at ActivEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers who you can be miserable with
    Steady pay

Cons

favoritism
    having to ask for permission to use the bathroom while chatting

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking talent, listen to chatter complaints and at least attempt to fix them, stop favoring some employees over others.

6. "Sales Job Seekers Beware"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at ActivEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product among automotive chat providers
    Great support team in FL

Cons

Sales payplan is very difficult to understand
    You hear nothing from the Executive Team
    When you leave the company they will not pay you any accrued PTO, unless req. by law
    They don't pay any personal auto mileage unless you travel 60+ miles from your home base
    No sales conferences or visits to corporate. I never met any of my peers while I was there

Almost entirely telephone sales, even in a field sales role

Advice to Management

Talk to the Team!

7. "Chat Specialist"

Pros

$12-13.50 and 1 hr lunch

Cons

Prepare to work with people with bad body hygiene, people who don't have any friends, people who have no sense of emotional intelligence, and people that know it all. Did I mention all the great micromanaging and constant managers walking around on your neck.

TERRIBLE Scheduling

Management isn't on the same team, so you might get in trouble for doing something that the other manager said you did. Certain employees are allowed to get away with certain things, because they have things in common with certain management, so watch out of that as well.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page, stop making the job more stressful and at least learn your employees name!

"Really tries to hire from within for promotions/cross department positions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at ActivEngage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with ActivEngage for almost 4 years and this is the best place I've worked at thus far. I've held a lot of different jobs in a lot of different positions. ActivEngage has given me stability and a really kick-butt work environment. I started out as a Chat Specialist and eventually moved into another department within 6 months. There are quite a few opportunities to move up or into a different department here if you have the right credentials and attitude/personality. There's a big emphasis on employee culture that I appreciate and they do their best to make our days fun with little activities sprinkled through the week, daily trivia and raffle prizes every now and again.

I also really like that while the atmosphere in itself is very chill and laid back, every single person here still makes it a point to remain and be professional and respectful. I can't tell you how many jobs I've been at where co-workers and upper management are downright gross and completely unprofessional. You don't have to worry about that at all here.

The perks are really great too. I save SO much money by not having to pay any insurance premiums and our health insurance is pretty rad. We get food trucks on site every few months. Gotta love free food!

Cons

Our Chat Specialist Dept. needs improvement for retention. I do understand that it's not an easy job as one would think. No real advice though, just something I've observed.

9. "Supportive Community and Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Maitland, FL

I have been working at ActivEngage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is so nice! I've never felt so immediately welcomed at a company. The office is relaxed and I've even made breakroom friends. I've been at jobs where they sort of drop you into the deep end of the pool to get started, but ActivEngage puts a lot of time and effort into training. It was a huge help in getting to know my coworkers, too! I honestly don't have any complaints. This company cares about employee happiness, and they put a lot of consideration into making the office a welcoming place to be.

Cons

If you're a little introverted, sometimes team activities feel like a bit much.

"worst job"

Former Employee - Chat Specialist

I worked at ActivEngage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly wage, effortless work, massages, coffee, hour lunches

Cons

The most micromanaging job I have ever worked at, very ruthless, they are quick to fire people. They treat their employees like children, very patronizing. The "team leaders there are all on a power trip. Very strange, because they literally do nothing but watch what their team is doing and making sure they catch any mistakes, so that they can "coach you" on it. The whole business is a joke.

Advice to Management

Stop being so micromanaging and so ruthless, stop patronizing your employees. And stop being so anal.