Acuative Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Vincent Sciarra

Pros
  • The company is growing in the right direction (in 2 reviews)

• Most of the clients are easy to work with and so are the techs that call in (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Small company, lie about everything (in 3 reviews)

• Executive Management isolates itself against the real issues that the employees have (in 2 reviews)

1. "Field Tech"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Acuative (More than 3 years)

Pros

OK pay, good benefits and great co-workers

Cons

Personal schedule interrupts and uneven work times.

Advice to Management

Listen to the folks in the field

"Not Worth your time"

Former Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Acuative full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a decent amount of kind people work here. The remodel is nice. That's all...

Cons

Upper Management has poor communication skills, and no Direction for the company. If they did it was never communicated down. This is why the company has such high turn over, they cant keep Directors, Managers, or Employees at this company. There are a large amounts of attitudes in this company in all departments, Maybe less in the NOC, but everywhere else including HR! Stop making back door deals and promising customers things, without speaking to the sales rep/Project Team. There is such a lack of structure here.

Advice to Management

Get an actual plan for the future of this Company, Treat your Management and Employees better, COMMUNICATION is KEY! Stop thinking like a small company.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Acuative full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None at all, a dead end company

Cons

- Dishonest management
    - No loyalty to its employees. They are quick to remove people to make their numbers look good.
    - Will screw you out of benefits. A coworker was being let go. He had a serious medical condition which required expensive medicine. He asked management could give him 2 more days before they released him because he needed the medical coverage for the month. They refused. Absolutely heartless.
    - Management is completely clueless. Constantly not acting on the big deals and missing opportunities.
    - Back office is completely incompetent and nasty. Responses to benefits and other important questions are delayed and ignored. No respect for the workers who are the heart and soul of the company.
    - They expect you to take your own PTO (personal time off) days for certain recognized holidays. This place is run like a factory.
    - No investment in their people. No funding for training or self improvement.
    - Benefits are horrible - their own CFO doesn't even use the company's benefits package, he uses a totally independent one. What does that say about a company when the benefits are good enough for the employees, but not good enough for management?

Advice to Management

- Treat your workers with respect
    - Pay them according to industry standards
    - Come up with a growth strategy
    - Stop penny pinching
    - Inform your workers how the company is performing, they have their professional lives invested in it!

4. "Good people, good attitudes, unsure about management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Acuative full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a core group of really good people at this company. There are opportunities to advance and plenty of technology to learn on. Your advancement is dependent on your enthusiasm and ability to demonstrate your competency.

Cons

Management has their hands tied by executives, a former Director told me he wasn't able to get someone a $0.10 raise. "Bad apple" employees never get removed from the bunch and often bring down morale. Certain teams are bloated and others run thin. Internal tools are behind the times.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees, understand their workload and remove barriers for them.

"Mediocre national Cisco VAR."

Former Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Acuative full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much to say positive here.

Cons

Weak leadership from Vince, no willingness to sell hardware, indecisiveness, low salaries, too many layoffs, especially of sales reps (instead of paying them commissions.)

Advice to Management

Your company is weak.

6. "Great when they had clients"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Irvington, NJ
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Irvington, NJ

I worked at Acuative (Less than a year)

Pros

Provided training and certifications for Acuative employee, not contractors though.

Cons

not enough contracts, work orders we're inconsistent.

7. "Looking forward to tomorrow and beyond!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Acuative (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Acuative going on two years and in that time I've seen a lot of changes as we evolve and strive to be the best in the IT industry. There have been initiatives like the new Hardware Procurement Team that continues to bring on new manufacturing partnerships and solutions for our customers. Our focus and mentality is and always will be Customer 1st! In my time I've been given every opportunity and resource to learn and excel at my job. Acuative makes numerous efforts to make the atmosphere fun and interactive with employee appreciation lunches, picnics, community service projects and special events like the Cleveland Corporate Challenge.

Cons

Acuative is going through a remodel with the facility so right now the work space is limited but after the remodel working conditions will be enhanced!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and communication!

8. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Vice President, Field Operations in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Vice President, Field Operations in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Acuative full-time

Pros

I worked for Acuative for about 7 years so I did see a lot of changes in the company. This is one of their strengths! They are able to adapt to the ever changing demands of their customer base. They have a very nice facility and treat their employees well. The CEO is a really great guy that does care about his company and employees.

Cons

They could pay a little better but do reward employees that go above and beyond. I know this is something they are working on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Can't wait to escape"

Current Employee - Fear of Retribution for Exposure in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Fear of Retribution for Exposure in New York, NY

I have been working at Acuative full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Almost none at all. The underpaid check is at least on time. The vacations are fair for service in time at least. They almost pay more than low end paid truckers earn.

Cons

Horrible pay for your experience and performance, no raises even worth mentioning, horrible way to evaluate work performance. Terrible benefits because you really end up paying for them, their contribution is almost nothing compared to what you have to pay in for them. On call all the time. Weird shift hours. No sleep

Advice to Management

Wake up! Start listening to your workers below you, quit listening to the managers below you, they inform you everything is okay because they are afraid of loosing their job. Pay more to keep all of the employees therefore you are not constantly loosing money training new ones who very soon find a better paying job and leave! Protect your investment of human resources, they are what makes the best impression with the customers.

10. "Excellent company to gain valuable experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at Acuative full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to gain valuable experience.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge but that's often the case in this industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to be cutting edge