- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Seattle, WA
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 22 of over 22 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Awesome Perks - Great office location - Awesome engineer community - Competitive Salaries
- Lack of engineers - Not a great work/life balance
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 19, 2021 - Software Engineer -2 in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They have a wonderful set of people, everyone is very intelligent and motivated. The team is distributed and working from home is fine, they actually take time to address issues as they arise and don't shoot themselves in the foot too heavily when chasing aggressive deadlines(which if you've ever worked at a startup you know is one of the biggest possible issues) good pay and compensation, and has some of that fun wild west feel of handling business and issues that makes me love a good startup!
Tons of work to be done, in a scale up phase so elbow grease is needed at times.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 2, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great group to work with. Schedules are flexible, and you're encouraged to take vacation. Also, it's never difficult to find people willing to help out.
I really cant think of anything at the moment. Will be interesting to see what happens after the merger.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 1, 2020 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Strong leadership team - passionate about AI/ML and committed to making customers successful. Almost everyone is humble and willing to learn. Employees are quick to share success with others in the team while taking accountability for failures. Leadership has clarity of vision on where MLOps market, technologies and AI/ML are headed. Strong and very capable Engineering and data science teams. Great product market fit. Customers agree that the solution addresses a gap in MLOps. Some of the world's biggest companies as customers and growing quickly. Team culture is very authentic. Growth trajectory is real and strong. Great benefits - healthcare, gym stipend, wellness apps etc. Unlimited PTO where you're expected and encouraged to take time off.
MLOps is still and evolving and emerging need for enterprise customers. Currently, there isn't a huge rush to solve this problem ASAP for most enterprises. It will be soon be an urgent need and Algorithmia will be ready for it. Typical of startups where they do more with less. So work efforts can fluctuate quite a bit. This is not a 9-5/40 hours a week job. You work however much is needed and do what it takes to get things done.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 26, 2021 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
typical startup, tech debt but fun
none really, deadlines exist but it is a good shop
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 8, 2020 - DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Algorithmia is tackling a tough problem in IT today - namely, how to scale up and manage machine learning models at scale. The solution is unique, the problem space is compelling and the value unlocked from what we do is huge. The company has a very positive corporate culture and the leadership, while young and learning fast, knows their stuff and has a great vision for what Algorithmia can do. This company has a ton of promise and if you join in the early stages, you will be working for one of the key players in the machine learning industry.
Not really cons but advisements - you're going to work harder here than you ever have before. This is a cutting edge startup so you will succeed by getting in, getting your hands dirty and working your butt off.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 29, 2021 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A good place to grow
A steep learning experience. This can be a con if you one to learn the system slowly.
- Current Employee★★★★★Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Friendly and hardworking teammates - Nice office - Work life balance is great - Heavy emphasis on learning and using your education budget
- Overwhelming technical debt that slows pace of the entire company - Engineering teams feel siloed - More time is spent adhering to tedious processes than writing code
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jun 16, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-The vision of the company clearly solves major problems in machine learning. The value to companies is tremendous. -The co-founders are thoughtful, hard working, and some of the best people I have ever had the chance of working with. -The company culture allowed you to work hard and learn from mistakes.
-Sales leadership is non-existent. -The VP who was brought in destroyed company culture by alienating customers and employees alike. He does not use active listening, fails to communicate or define goals and objectives, constantly shifts priorities and expectations, and does not trust his subordinates.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 25, 2020 - Software Engineer - PlatformRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Mentally challenging environment with collegiate atmosphere. No tolerance for toxic behavior. Level headed management. Always encouraged to learn more about tech. Great people to work with. Workohalism is frowned upon, we want to move fast, not make a lot of mistakes.
This is not a job for people who don't want to grow their skill set.Continue reading