Algorithmia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Algorithmia (Seattle, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

I went through the interview process with Algorithmia after being reached out to by a current employee about an open role and applying online.

I had an initial phone call with the potential manager to learn the specifics about the role, team, and company and was then brought in for an interview loop with four members of the team related to the role. These interviews revolved around how I learn and work with a team, how I see my role interacting with others, my motivations, etc. Following this loop, I was then brought in for a final interview with the CEO that centered around culture fit and learning, with him speaking to the company itself and how it treats employees.

I heard back about an offer very quickly, within a day, and was able to take a couple days to read over before accepting. Overall, a very positive experience throughout the process and I left excited to join the team.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Algorithmia (Seattle, WA) in July 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then a deeper phone call with the CEO.

Finally they gave you a take-home assignment to complete at your leisure. This seemed very forward-thinking/progressive of them, and much appreciated. The task was not very challenging (not algorithmic), with a little parallelism requirement to challenge you a little. This had to be implemented on their platform, which seemed pretty awkward and even flaky at times.

I'm quite comfortable with this kind of code, and took a long time to polish the solution to very high standards. Some trivial initial changes were requested, no problem. After that, the only feedback I received was "*** person tried it again, it still doesn't work".

To get such a terse response after providing such a polished and (in all honesty) well-prepared solution seemed like a surprisingly rude way to treat someone who has invested so much time. A thorough going-over of their requirements showed no missed requirements. Perhaps it was an ambiguity.

I would caution others against wasting their time with this. 5 weeks from initial contact to final word is also far too long.

Interview Questions

• They had you implement a pretty trivial yet interesting exercise on their platform. Learning and using the (awkward) platform took a lot more time than implementing the actual approach.   Answer Question

Algorithmia Response

Dec 19, 2018 – CEO

We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience interviewing with us and appreciate you sharing feedback. During a high growth period, we struggled to stay ahead of the hiring velocity, and... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

Process:

1.) Recruiter Interview (phone screen - 30 mins)
    2.) Background Interview (video call - 1 hr w/ Solutions Architect)
    3.) Technical Interview (video call - 1 hr w/ Customer Engineering Director)
    4.) CEO Interview (on site - 1 hr)

I was told in the 3rd interview that they had JUST hired somebody else, five minutes prior to us even speaking. They didn’t want to waste any time by holding the interview anymore since it didn’t matter, so the whole interview lasted two minutes. No apology. It was embarrassingly awkward and extremely unprofessional, given we’d been engaged for a month already and scheduled this over two weeks out.

I spent about 10 hours preparing for that interview (deep understanding of product & process), so to have candidacy terminated in such a fashion was a massive disregard for my time. The lack of communication all throughout was frustrating, and a reminder of the challenges some remote teams still have with basic operations.