Analysis Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Analysis Group President & CEO Martha S. Samuelson
Martha S. Samuelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will be surrounded by smart people who are also fantastic to work with (in 26 reviews)

• As many say, relatively good work-life balance and little case travel (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is tough but it comes with the territory (in 39 reviews)

• Very long hours depending on casework (in 26 reviews)

1. "Such smart people, bad work-life balance"

I worked at Analysis Group full-time

Pros

Amazing smart fun awesome people

Cons

Terrible hours, often staying late and over weekends

2. "Great place to spend a few years"

Pros

Learned a lot, pretty good people, culture of working hard

Cons

work could get tedious at times

3. "Analysis Group Analyst"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Analysis Group (Less than a year)

Pros

great people and great work culture!

Cons

hard interview and you work too much!

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Analysis Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people and good benefits

Cons

Management often doesn't care about well-being of analysts, high turn over, long hours that could be avoided with better management, lack of work life balance, and disregard for professional growth

Advice to Management

Focus on investing in the analysts on a personal and professional level and improve the internal labor market

5. "Great place. Great people."

Former Employee - Researcher/Oncologist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Researcher/Oncologist in Washington, DC

I worked at Analysis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People of integrity who know what they're doing. They also are generous, kind, and understanding of people's circumstances. I enjoyed my time there. The coffee selection was awesome at the office too. (This is more of a big deal than you think.)

Cons

Not enough office supplies! Folks need to get on the ball and make sure that stuff like pens, pads of paper, and the like at available for employees.

Advice to Management

Get that money for the office supplies in DC!

6. "Analyst"

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time

Pros

Great culture, pay, and people

Cons

Lack of upward mobility and control over casework

Advice to Management

Retail talent by structuring staffing

"Great place, great people"

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time

Pros

Brilliant and nice coworkers. The people are generally caring and willing to invest in your future. If you let case managers know the kinds of experiences you would like to have on a case, they will generally help channel you to it. As a result, a lot depends on your ability to speak up and just let others know what is on your mind and how you would like your career to evolve.

My experience at the Associate level has been that Partners in the company want me to succeed, and many are willing to open their client and expert networks to me and let me help start managing our relationship with clients and experts on cases. Partners work together to bring in business, which leads to collaboration at many levels of the firm (e.g., there are no practice-area level P&L statements).

Excellent training in R, Python, SAS, STATA, VBA and Excel at the Analyst and Associate level. New training in case management has been recently introduced at the Associate and up level.

Extremely flexible work environment. Whenever one case wraps up, you have near total control over what you get staffed on next. There is a support system in place to help you change practice areas or look for the next thing if you get stuck in one position - you just need to reach out to it. Each new employee is given an Advisor and a Peer Mentor to help them navigate the flexibility. It is great if you would like to see many different industries.

Feedback at reviews are honest. The company will let you know when you're doing a great job, but also will tell you the areas you need to improve on and offer clear advice on what to do to address it. This can help you learn very quickly, especially early in your career.

Amazing company party at the MFA, yearly ski trip that the company covers for all employees, summer party with an open bar, and many other covered events. AG has several active sports teams that they sponsor throughout the year, from basketball to softball to tennis. At the Analyst level, the firm invests significant resources in helping people prepare for and apply to Graduate School (MBA/PhD/Other), including a formal process to help with essay review and to let you interview people who have graduated from the top schools you are interested in.

The negative reviews below are a bit sad to see. My experience has been that if you take advantage of the mentorship available to you, many people truly care and will help you find work that suits you. Nobody ever forces you to work with one particular manager, so if you are having a problem all you need to do is reach out and change the situation you're in. People afraid to do so might get stuck in a bad spot, which is the only way the negative reviews make sense to me.

Cons

Consulting hours! Some weeks can actually be 40. Many are closer to 50. When you are filing a case, it can be all hands on deck for 70-100 hours for short periods of time. Because of the flexibility in case staffing, you can try to guide yourself to have a controlled number of case filings a year.

There were previously some issues with a lack of formal case management training, but those have been addressed in recent years.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to stick to core company values while growing in size. There have been some growing pains, but I think we're learning from them appropriately as we go.

8. "Associate"

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time

Pros

Interesting work, high profile clients, smart colleagues.

Cons

Lack of management structure on cases. Roles are not clearly defined.

9. "Challenging and rewarding"

I worked at Analysis Group full-time

Pros

A collaborative and supportive work environment. Lots of opportunities to work on challenging and interesting assignments as well as opportunities to work with and learn from some very bright, motivated people.

Cons

This is consulting, so hours can be long and schedules unpredictable. This may be the most difficult or least desirable aspect of the job. Also, experiences can vary a lot by employee depending on which cases/teams you work on. As in most work environments, one must be proactive in seeking out opportunities that will allow yourself to develop in the right direction professionally.

10. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great firm to work for after graduate school. The work environment is supportive and collaborative.

Cons

There are no drawback working at this firm.

Advice to Management

Maintain the current culture