Analysis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later, I had a phone interview. A few weeks after that, I had a super day interview with 5 interviewers at various levels, followed by lunch with 2 analysts. It was a very pleasant interview. Everyone was extremely kind. They genuinely wanted to get to know me and also tell me about the firm and the kind of work that they do. I was extremely impressed by the number of women in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous research experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer
    • What is your 5 year plan?   1 Answer
    • Why Analysis Group?   1 Answer
    • What experience have you had working in a team?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain an economic theory of your choice in layman terms?   1 Answer
    • They told me about projects that they are working on and asked me what suggestions I would make on parts that they are still figuring out.   1 Answer

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

I met with five different people within five different functions of the organization. Approximately an hour conversation each. The discussions were repetitive, but it was a nice opportunity to meet the staff I would be working with in this position. I think this would be a great company to work for, but this particular position was not a good fit.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

There were two parts: a phone interview and an in-person interview. Both involved answering questions about my past research in school. With the in-person interview, I met with about 10 AG folks, including Associates, Managers, and Partners.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research. The overall objective was for me to explain my research, the question I asked, and how I conducted my research. The interviewers followed up with clarification questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was direct and professional. Questions were asked about understanding in your field and analytic thinking capability. There probably will be a case study question. Prepare to describe your thesis in a more understandable term.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Appled through website. Interviewed at ASSA annual meetings. Generally talked about research interests and how I see myself fit in. Very smart people, and seem to care a lot about pedigree.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2014.

Interview

they are very efficient, first round results came back the same day. second round all about previous projects, and communication skills. They are really smart and interactive on asking questions, it's important to answer all sorts of questions about your own projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied before the AEA meetings and received a phone interview a while after that. I was then invited to a half-day interview at the Boston office. The interview questions were nice and fair. I also presented my job market paper in a talk that lasted an hour, including time for Q&A. Overall, I'd say the interview process is fairly standard for consulting firms. One small complaint is that the office visit doesn't last a full day (mine ends at around 2:30pm). As a result, all the interviews and job talk are scheduled very tightly, with no breaks at all in between. Because of that the office visit could be a bit exhausting toward the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview, I was invited onsite to meet managers, associates, a VP, and I was asked to prepare a research presentation. The recruiters were prompt and thorough with communicating necessary information. They made sure everything ran smoothly and that I was comfortable. The people were smart, warm and enthusiastic. I felt like these were not just potential colleagues, but friends. I do hope that we may cross paths again someday, and that speaks volumes for the people at AG.

Ultimately, I did not receive an offer.
    I can look back to assess what I could have done differently if that may help someone else in the future. Giving a presentation added a new element, but I accepted the challenge as an opportunity to share a project I loved working on. In hindsight, I think I chose something too simple in design and analysis. The interview portion was challenging but conversational. I tried to give concrete examples that demonstrated my experience, and how I've overcome challenges and solved problems. There were some questions related to statistical tests and interpreting results that I answered incorrectly, but should have known.

There were a couple last minute changes to my schedule but in the moment, I rolled with it. I was told one individual was "too slammed". This can feel off-putting, but adjustments were made and it worked out. Yet another individual was a substitution who came in flustered, distracted, disengaged. She asked questions in a manner that I could not tell if these were general or specific to my work. I tried to stay positive and adaptive. I have been a hiring manager in the past, and I have been trained to show enthusiasm, be available, undivided, only making subtle checks on time. A number of the people I met with were actively monitoring time or checking their phones, which was a tiny bit distracting. Regardless, I understand the real-time logistics. I respected each individual's time and that each style was different, unscripted, questions flowed to the next.

I accept that there is a better suited candidate for the role, and that I am a better fit elsewhere. I do feel disappointed as I really liked the opportunity and the environment at AG, but I want this review to help others in the future, no matter what side of the process you are on.

Interview Questions

• Describe typical workday, projects, previous experience (as a solo contributor and manager), technical skills, methodology and applications, comparison of data sources, strengths and limitations in working with types of data, types of projects. Describe previous experiences with managers or subordinates that were challenging. Describe statistical techniques and interpretation of findings. Describe experience working in teams, or with clients. All questions were asked in a friendly, congenial way (with exception of one interviewer noted above).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

- Phone screening (~40 mins) with an associate.
    - Onsite interview and presentation, with a candidate dinner. Interviewers were paired to conduct a 30-45 mins interview per session.
    - They are looking for culturally fit the organization.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with undergrad students/researchers?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you are working on a project you don't really like/interested in?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group in December 2017.

Interview

Very terrible interview process. Aggressive, disrespectful, confrontational, and rude. They asked very general questions, but the interview process itself was very unpleasant. One interviewer asked me to defend the things listed on my resume to them.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past research project to me.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

The interviewers were boring and not engaging, thus making me confused about how to approach the interview. It was only one 30-minute interview to determine whether you are eligible for the next round or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much about the research, it is more about your resume.   Answer Question