Appriss Reviews | Glassdoor

Appriss Co-Founder & CEO Michael Davis
Michael Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company is growing fast and you have to be able to adapt to change at any moment which is hard for others (in 3 reviews)

• Business units aren't fooling anyone - it just makes it easier to sell off pieces of the business whenever it's deemed appropriate (in 3 reviews)

1. "LOVE it!"

I have been working at Appriss full-time

Pros

The people are awesome at Appriss!

Cons

No cons as of yet!

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love how they treat us, great benefits. You put in the work and it is recognized, or at least it is by my supervisors

Cons

Not much mobility available. For the amount of work I do, I feel like compensation is a little low. Definitely needs to provide more training based on the high turnover in some lower level positions

3. "Work Life Balance"

I worked at Appriss full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

An amazing company that truly cares for its employees! Wonderful benefits. Exciting new development always seeking new ways to be inventive and competitive.

Cons

Quick growth sometimes hinders the ability to properly train for growth and promotion.

"Hard to gauge the "ups and "downs"..."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to know and work with. All hard workers with dedication to the company and its success. It would be great if the company had a better collaborative, cohesive, and conducive environment.

Cons

-- Constantly putting out fires that equate to poor planning.
    -- Workers are overworked, often having to work during weekend and holidays to catch up on excessive workloads.
    -- Very little or no recognition from Management when an employee "busts their chops" to get their work done due to unrealistic timing.
    -- Company says they are an 'Agile' company but their thinking is pure Waterfall and Micro-managing
    -- Employees are not empowered.

Advice to Management

-- Think Agile-like. Lose the Micro-Managing mentality.
    -- Listen to the employee ideas - they are actually good!
    -- Empower the employees and let them feel like they "own" the company too!
    -- Communicate to everyone instead of the little, disseminated pockets of information.
    -- Reward employees with praise when a job is well done.
    -- Build a positive environment with Employees not with new furniture or new equipment.

5. "Invest in Employees / Training"

Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule with ROWE
    On site clinic
    Good team set up
    Great company values regarding protecting victims, stopping domestic violence and drug abuse.

Cons

Pay is below market
    Concerns aren't addressed regarding pay/benefits
    They keep hiring consultants instead of listening and investing in employees
    Reorganizations disrupt work flow
    Lack of adequate training
    More work without additional pay

Advice to Management

Have annual COLA raises, stop wasting money on consultant work and invest in employees

"Appriss is the best company in Louisville"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great mission, growing company, millennial friendly culture, cool technology. The company is changing rapidly but for the most part that creates opportunities for talented people

Cons

Don’t come if you aren’t ready to work hard / play hard. We could do a better job integrating our values (ICARE) into our language.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the customer, and your employees

"ROWE(results only work environment)"

I have been working at Appriss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appriss has provided me a work place where I can come in and do what I am great at everyday under my own terms. My team includes peers and a boss that give me the tools/support I need to succeed and flourish in my role. I truly connect with the individuals I work with and know I can count on them whether I need support on a project, a quick laugh, or someone to listen to my ideas. I feel truly heard by those I work with. In addition to a great work environment, the benefits are out of this world. Appriss offers ROWE(results only work environment) allowing me to work when I want and where I want as long as I get the job done. Since joining the company last year, I have been able to take 3 trips to the beach! This company’s work/life balance is beyond anything I’ve seen. At my old work taking off was like pulling teeth at Appriss I make my schedule and make my own success! I’d be hard pressed to find a work place as great as Appriss!

Cons

Not really a con, but with the great benefits Appriss provides it does have high expectations of its employees. ROWE means results are expected in this untypical workplace. Some employees cannot keep up with this, but A/B Players will flourish.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great benefits! If things continue as they have during my first year, I plan to stay with Appriss for a long time!

"Great Workplace with Great Mission"

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you are wanting a work life balance. No questions asked if you need a day off. Opportunities to work remotely. Up-to-date technology. On-site wellness center where you can be seen for primary care visits or if you're sick. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Lack of training and poor onboarding experience for new hires. Current closed office concept makes it hard to work together across teams.

"Top place to work in Louisville"

I have been working at Appriss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engaged and open leadership team, with a vision for the future

Cons

A lot of work to create a framework and foundation for all of the planned growth....but we get to build it and that's part of the fun...

Advice to Management

Respect the history and mission of the organization, while striving to move forward

"Don't believe the recruiting pitch"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-You can shirk all of your duties (if you are into that) because you won't be held accountable by anyone
    -IT dudes are chill, keep it up

Cons

-Management is only concerned with their next opportunity to cash out
    -The "mission-driven" work is merely a talking point to hide the fact that private equity has raided this company's once-great culture
    -Speaking of culture- it doesn't exist anymore. A pretty new website can't hide the fact that this place is destitute of any fun at all. Many employees work from home because the atmosphere is so depressing.
    -Business units aren't fooling anyone - it just makes it easier to sell off pieces of the business whenever it's deemed appropriate
    -How many reorganizations can a company go through in a calendar year? The company's strategy is solely to get sold.
    -Salaries are way below market
    -Turnover on the senior team is something that is a major red flag to employees

Just an observation but a lot of these 5 star reviews look alarmingly similar to mass talking points sent out by HR...hmmmmmm.

Advice to Management

Stop with all of the small-arms fire and start running the business. You all are completely out of touch with your employees.