Arch Telecom Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Vic Ghai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Control your own commission payout and hourly raises, has a fantastic retirement plan (employee stock ownership program/ESOP) (in 7 reviews)

• Great coworkers, excellent opportunity to make big commission checks, great support from management team (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management gets involved in relationships with staff (in 21 reviews)

• It used to be no 401k but our ESOP destroys that (in 12 reviews)

1. "Hands down one of the best companies to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training program for new hires is laid out in detail to ensure a great onboarding experience and all of the things needed to be successful.

The company pays better than any other wireless carrier, offers ESOP to all employees after 1 year of employment, medical, dental, vision at low cost and they focus on promoting within!

Cons

Compensation plan changes because Sprint is always changing theirs.

Lots of micromanaging and managers have a lot of operational task that takes time away from selling.

2. "Employee owned company and wow does it pay!"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

I had to write a review after getting our first ESOP statements. The retirement funds you receive are absolutely incredible and get better with more tenure and promotions. The company ensures that when you reach retirement age you will be well taken care of and you have a stake in the company success. We have a great promotion system so growth is easy here if you put in the work and perform well.
    - Family environment
    - Departments work together well

Cons

It used to be "no 401k" but frankly the ESOP crushes it and costs the employees nothing

3. "Great place for driven workers"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Earn-your-own raises. Friendly and team-oriented coworkers. ESOP= retirement works better than a 401k. Upper management is also open and approachable- listen to concerns and try to implement suggestions that can potentially improve things. Overall a great place to work!

Cons

Some customers want everything for free. Holiday season hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the input from your front line employees, and this company will continue to be great!

Arch Telecom Response

May 26, 2017

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with Arch Telecom. Here at Arch, employee development is a top priority. Your enthusiasm and commitment is appreciated! We would... More

"Former employee"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

It was good money if you know how to hustle and it was a pretty laid-back environment

Cons

There's very little loyalty from prefer management to their staff

Advice to Management

Maybe you shouldn't make all these fake Glassdoor reviews in the same month around the same time

"Complete Joke of a Company"

Pros

......

Cons

Goals for all stores are overly inflated, no way of getting solid operations cost. Upper management gets involved in relationships with staff.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees, show everyone what you pay to keep the doors open so they know true goals.

Arch Telecom Response

May 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your past employment with Sprint by Arch Telecom. As a company we attempt to make everyone’s experiences a great one but we understand that this may not always... More

6. "Look into management"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

Typical retailer benefits, nothing special

Cons

Upper management is a joke. I've never felt so expendable. I've been with the company just a few months and feel no reason to stick around. My location manager is fine, but District manager and regional manager make me feel like I don't have a reason to stick around. I don't think either of them have ever spoken to me about my previous experience, my goals, career aspirations, anything (while other jobs I've worked at I've had these types of communications with my managers)

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, they're where your bread and butter come from.

7. "amazing company who has leaders that want to see everyone excel and succeed"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth, Benefits, Dedicated Training Team, Outstanding leadership, friendly atmosphere/culture. If you work hard and put in the work, opportunities will come your way. It is an amazing company who has leaders that want to see everyone excel and succeed. ArchTelecom appreciates its employees and will continue excelling.

Cons

In my opinon, no Cons

Advice to Management

Continue the amazing leadership, sharing the vision and empowering your employees.

8. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Location Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Location Manager in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The upper management is very driven to not only better sales for the company but make sure that all employees have the tools and knowledge needed to succeed and grow with the company. The pay is fantastic for retail when all forms of payment are considered.

Cons

In the past my only concern about the company was the lack of a long term (retirement) plan for the employees. The company has now rectified my only complaint by integrating an ESOP plan which is phenomenal!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Location Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Location Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make more money that you could ever dream of if you listen to management. They only promote from within so you have the ability to move up quickly and you don't have to compete with a bunch of outside sources. Very stress free positive work environment, you have constant motivational posts on their chat "groupme" and peers are very supportive and encourage growth and success. New stock ownership program which is huge in longevity of this company. This company is not afraid to pay their employees right and even higher salaries than sprint corporate. They really take care of their own.

Cons

I dont know if its necessary Archtelecom or sprint but theres always a bunch of initiatives that you constantly have to balance out so it can get stressful.

Advice to Management

Most concerns have been addressed in the past year whether it being retirement options or initiatives so I don't really have any.

"Excellent growth opportunity with a proven industry leader"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Arch is the nation's premier Sprint retailer. This provides tremendous growth opportunity as the company is positioned to expand over the next few years. Compensation is performance based with most employees working under a profit sharing compensation model. The most exciting benefit is that the company is now employee owned- which means that the long term success of arch provides financial stability for employees that stay with and contribute its success and growth.

Cons

We have a lot of great people with great ideas which can lead to trying to improve "everything, everywhere, at once". It is exciting to be a part of... but at times overwhelming.

Advice to Management

The upcoming employee referral program will help the company to expand our teams so that we can more easily meet our aggressive growth plan. When our teams recruit their new coworkers, productivity and profitability is always stronger.