Arch Telecom Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Vic Ghai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Control your own commission payout and hourly raises, has a fantastic retirement plan (employee stock ownership program/ESOP) (in 8 reviews)

• Great coworkers, excellent opportunity to make big commission checks, great support from management team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • s really benefitting is upper management at this point in time (in 20 reviews)

• It used to be no 401k but our ESOP destroys that (in 11 reviews)

1. "Real opportunity for professional growth"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started as a sales rep and steadily worked my way into location manager.. then training manager.. now district manager. I've witnessed many people around me get promoted. There are many companies that seek to recruit from outside of the company, which may be necessary, but Arch really seeks to develop talent from within and rewards results with recognition, compensation and a true opportunity to grow professionally.

Cons

If the company guaranteed an annual raises or have a system in place to earn a higher salary annually would make us want to work much harder.

Advice to Management

Continue to try new things to uncover the best ways to drive business and to continue to reward hard work.

2. "Great"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

Create your own paycheck
    Laid back work environment
    Daily contests
    Amazing management

Cons

Should give employees free phones

3. "Horrible fraudulent people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

Was allowed to pick my own schedule while I was going to school so that was good. Thank you for that.

Cons

I was let go for doing the things the manager and other employees told me to do and what they themselves did every day.
    Lie to customers and fake their signatures for fake repairs to meet goals for the day

Advice to Management

Worst company I've ever worked for. Switch everything all the way up and fix everything.

4. "Needs improvement"

Former Employee - Location Manager in Dulles, VA
    Former Employee - Location Manager in Dulles, VA

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to make a lot of money as just a sales rep if you’re driven and motivated! Upper management usually does care about your well being and will genuinely try to work with you if you have any scheduling issues or if something comes up. The CEO, VP, and whole back office team is extremely nice and work very hard to make sure your life is easier on the sales floor. Also the training process is very nice and laid out for the new reps and location managers to follow.

Cons

No hourly raise system for location managers. Location managers are under appreciated for the amount of work they put in and continuously micromanaged asked to send countless BS emails everyday. You could also be going the entire month thinking you’re about to hit your goal but then after the month is over, your goal usually raises. I actually made a significant amount less as a location manager than as a sales rep (about 15k less) but I typically did 1/3 of my stores sales and worked literally 6 days and 60+ hours a week and still had to be basically on call on my one day off a week. Also the ESOP thing kind of sucks in my opinion because 95% of the new people you’re bringing in are all under 25 and really don’t care that much about retirement so the only ones it’s really benefitting is upper management at this point in time. I truly had a lot of love for this company but the thing that broke it was when I stepped down from management to work at another location and that manager had the nerve to talk down to me as if I wasn’t as good as him as a person, sales rep, or basically a human being. Not the first time I’ve seen that either as I did work at several locations across several states.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the managers that are making you more money are actually causing you more problems and forcing you to lose good employees. Get rid of employees that have been there a long time that you guys KNOW are toxic to new employees coming in and are basically causing the location to fail. You’re better off closing the store for a week and finding completely new staff than keeping some of the people you have now.

Dec 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with Sprint by Arch Telecom. As a company we attempt to make everyone’s experiences a great one. We are constantly making improvements as a... More

5. "Fun job shady rules"

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

You can have fun and gain sales experience.

Cons

Company offers competitive low pay. They also make you wait 6 mos before getting commission for you sale and then they lie to you when you hit the top sales tier and tell you this person stopped their service even when you tell them you just took a bill payment.

Advice to Management

Management seems to be one of this company's major problems.

Dec 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your past employment with Sprint by Arch Telecom. As a company we attempt to make everyone’s experiences a great one but we understand that this may not always... More

6. "Location Manager"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

Decent environment, get to work with technology. Some locations can make a pretty good bonus.

Cons

Sprint all depends on the area you are in.

Dec 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with Sprint by Arch Telecom. As a company we attempt to make everyone’s experiences a great one. We will review your concerns and please know... More

7. "Hands down one of the best companies to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training program for new hires is laid out in detail to ensure a great onboarding experience and all of the things needed to be successful.

The company pays better than any other wireless carrier, offers ESOP to all employees after 1 year of employment, medical, dental, vision at low cost and they focus on promoting within!

Cons

Compensation plan changes because Sprint is always changing theirs.

Lots of micromanaging and managers have a lot of operational task that takes time away from selling.

Dec 6, 2017

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with Arch Telecom. Here at Arch, employee development is a top priority. Your enthusiasm and commitment is appreciated! We would... More

8. "Employee owned company and wow does it pay!"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

I had to write a review after getting our first ESOP statements. The retirement funds you receive are absolutely incredible and get better with more tenure and promotions. The company ensures that when you reach retirement age you will be well taken care of and you have a stake in the company success. We have a great promotion system so growth is easy here if you put in the work and perform well.
    - Family environment
    - Departments work together well

Cons

It used to be "no 401k" but frankly the ESOP crushes it and costs the employees nothing

9. "Great place for driven workers"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Earn-your-own raises. Friendly and team-oriented coworkers. ESOP= retirement works better than a 401k. Upper management is also open and approachable- listen to concerns and try to implement suggestions that can potentially improve things. Overall a great place to work!

Cons

Some customers want everything for free. Holiday season hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the input from your front line employees, and this company will continue to be great!

May 26, 2017

"Former employee"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

It was good money if you know how to hustle and it was a pretty laid-back environment

Cons

There's very little loyalty from prefer management to their staff

Advice to Management

Maybe you shouldn't make all these fake Glassdoor reviews in the same month around the same time