Arch Telecom Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Vic Ghai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Control your own commission payout and hourly raises, has a fantastic retirement plan (employee stock ownership program/ESOP)" (in 8 reviews)

• "More opportunity to make alot of money" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Constant beat downs on metrics that at par for the company but not good enough for upper management" (in 21 reviews)

• "District Managers were never in stores, always just yelling on conference calls" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Work Hard, Get Ahead"

Current Employee - Location Manager
    Current Employee - Location Manager

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay raises are automatic and promotions are actually based on merit. It's clear that the people that work harder make more money and get ahead--no politics.

Cons

Commission and Bonus structures are complicated and not communicated well enough.

Advice to Management

Simplify comp

2. "Archtelecom is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - District Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - District Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They provide a very clear and structured promotions process plus have really good and easy ways to earn raises! My favorite part is the corporate structure, the guidence and leadership from the top down is top notch. Every boss I have had here is very clear with expectation and are always available to help out. All in all this is a great place to work.

Cons

Nothing big just small stuff like open on most holidays but that's every retail store now days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

3. "Where is the 0 star review option?"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was part of the lucky few that had a good store and location to work in. Even after the constant micromanagement and never ending conference calls and “mandatory meetings” I still enjoyed the store and the people I worked with.

Cons

If you want to make a career do the bare minimum and you will have no worries about repercussions from upper management, be a loyal employee and don’t work hard a day be prepared for the write ups and improvement plans.
    -“mandatory” conference calls where you won’t get paid.
    -Out of store training where management will magically forget to pay you.
    -Constant beat downs on metrics that at par for the company but not good enough for upper management.
    -Upper management having no idea what is going on and telling you just make the sale we can fix it later, by later they mean take the money out of your paycheck.
    -Shady sales practices
    -No work life balance, be prepared to work 45-50 hours a week plus any other trainings the company may require.
    -Never ending micromanagement from upper management who is clueless about what is going on in the store.
    -Finds any reason possible to take what small pay they give out of paychecks.

Advice to Management

Get upper management that has idea of what is going on and how stores should be ran.
    Employ upper management that can take calls from employees when they have questions or concerns

4. "Great Company, Great Benefits, Great Pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Arch offers sales associates and above a great pay structure which allows for unlimited commission. I have been with Arch for a while now, and I have never worked for a company that cares more about its employees. Arch offers great full benefits and is Employee Owned. It is rewarding, and very transparent. Promotions and milestones are preset so you own your raises and promotions with the company!

Cons

Long hours at times (not mandatory), but the more time put in the more commission you get so it is worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees in the front line, when suggestions are made and implemented they really increase productivity.

5. "Rewarding career"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding career with many opportunities for growth. Company continues to expand and grow with no sight of slowing down. Outstanding leadership from my Market Director up to the VP of sales and CEO. Arch leaders want to help you succeed and give you the correct tools to do so. One team, one dream! I truly believe that’s a huge part of our success and what motivates me to work harder each day.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. I absolutely LOVE my position and job! I look forward to our continued growth. :)

Advice to Management

Message to management: Thanks for the support and allowing me to grow within the company.

6. "Senior Lead Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Lead Sales Associate in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Lead Sales Associate in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company who cares about their employees and want the best for them to succeed. Great pay if you work hard enough.

Cons

There might be some management changes a few times, depending on the district.

Advice to Management

Work with management to keep them around longer.

Arch Telecom Response

Apr 23, 2018

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with Arch Telecom. Here at Arch, employee development is a top priority. Your enthusiasm and commitment is appreciated! We... More

7. "Not Worth Applying for"

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

There was no pros at all

Cons

Lied to get me hired by saying i would be making $10 after training but it was really only $8. Expects you to someone magically make the store not slow

Advice to Management

Do not lie to get people hired

8. "Real opportunity for professional growth"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started as a sales rep and steadily worked my way into location manager.. then training manager.. now district manager. I've witnessed many people around me get promoted. There are many companies that seek to recruit from outside of the company, which may be necessary, but Arch really seeks to develop talent from within and rewards results with recognition, compensation and a true opportunity to grow professionally.

Cons

If the company guaranteed an annual raises or have a system in place to earn a higher salary annually would make us want to work much harder.

Advice to Management

Continue to try new things to uncover the best ways to drive business and to continue to reward hard work.

9. "Great"

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

Create your own paycheck
    Laid back work environment
    Daily contests
    Amazing management

Cons

Should give employees free phones

10. "Horrible fraudulent people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time

Pros

Was allowed to pick my own schedule while I was going to school so that was good. Thank you for that.

Cons

I was let go for doing the things the manager and other employees told me to do and what they themselves did every day.
    Lie to customers and fake their signatures for fake repairs to meet goals for the day

Advice to Management

Worst company I've ever worked for. Switch everything all the way up and fix everything.