Ascentis Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Ascentis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New leadership focused on customers, products and employee development
    Collaborative work environment
    Flexible work schedule

Cons

Dated technology use
    Limited perks
    Too many office locations for a company of this size

2. "Good to come. They have a ways to go until that happens."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at Ascentis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New ownership is making positive changes to better the culture.

Cons

Until processses are streamlined and product is enhanced , the AE's and AM's will struggle.

Advice to Management

A 360 degree assessment is needed on management. ASAP.

3. "Buyer Beware!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Ascentis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thought hard about this one but honestly, I can't come up with any substantial pros.

Cons

Insincere management that purports teamwork but itself is self-serving and willing to undermine clients, employees, etc. to squeeze profit or appearance of growth. Products are substandard and routinely misrepresented.

Advice to Management

Unproductive section for this group who is clearly full of themselves. Predict continual mediocrity before ultimate failure. House of cards being presented as growing organization.

"Had so much potential."

I worked at Ascentis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some quality people who worked there

Cons

Management makes all decisions with no input from employees
    Leadership change shifted culture for worse
    Compensation is some of the worst in the area

Advice to Management

Nothing can be done now. The damage has been done. Leadership really dropped the ball here.

"Sales executive"

I have been working at Ascentis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I LOVE IT HERE! I have been in the industry for quite a while and came from the world of Big Box providers. I love how energetic, fun, motivated, and collaborative this company and the individuals are. Leadership is strong, and there are a lot of A players here. It keeps you motivated and having ownership in the company drives a "one team, one dream" culture.

Cons

Anytime you work for a smaller and rapidly growing organization, you have to realize that not everything is perfect all the time. You have to be proactive about making sure your communication is clear, you needs are clear. Don't wait for people to tell you who your resources are. Go on to ESS and find them. Most "cons" in this organization can be overcome with a positive attitude and proactive behavior.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The Vision here is exciting, and I just want to see us continue to grow, motivate, collaborate, and develop an amazing and disruptive product set!

"Not the COO"

I have been working at Ascentis full-time

Pros

Anytime you work for a smaller and slow-moving organization, you have to realize that everything will be broken ALL the time. You have to be proactive about making sure your communication is clear, you needs are clear. Nobody is going to help you so just figure it out and stop whining. Go on to ESS and find them. Most "pros" in this organization are written by the top management and not true

Cons

I HATE IT HERE! I have been in the industry for quite a while and came from a successful company with a good atmosphere. It's interesting how everyone is upset, unhappy and has no fun in this company. Leadership is confused, lazy and does not know their subordinates or how any of the software actually works. It keeps you depressed and not wanting to take ownership in the company that has a "Pay Employees as little as possible" culture.

Advice to Management

Try something new. The Vision here is dismal, and I just want to see us actually grow, motivate, collaborate, or develop an adequate product.

7. "Laid back but energetic"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ascentis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall pretty progressive in development practices.

Fun environment and culture, very cool people to hang out with. Pretty laid back overall.

Cons

Not every developer has the same eye for code quality. There is a lot of pollution going on in the code base.

There is no real accountability. There is no fall back for not completing a task on time or correctly. To some this may be a pro, but I personally need that accountability to feel strongly motivated.

Advice to Management

Try to steer away from Dart.

Be a bit more constructive during PRs. Thats your chance to teach developers how to improve, and I don't think you are really taking advantage of that opportunity.

Enforce new development practices after having meetings about them. A simple example is unit testing. After the presentation on TDD there was no push to get developers into the practice.

"Started off Promising"

I have been working at Ascentis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upon starting at Ascentis the company seemed poised for growth and advancement. The people were great and the majority enjoyed working there.

Cons

Now there is growth without any increase of headcount and advancement opportunities are non-existent, except for a select few. The majority of those who made the company great have sought opportunities elsewhere. Whereas, the remaining employees struggle everyday to maintain a positive disposition and handle the volume of work without increase in resources.

Advice to Management

Management needs to take a hard look at what is going on around them. Instead of turning a blind eye. Continuing the current course will not only be detrimental to the core business, but the sustainability of the company itself.

Ascentis Response

Jul 19, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. As always, it's helpful as we strive to make our organization better and stronger. I'd like to address two of your key points.

The first is in regards to increase of... More

"Fun, Flexible & Team-Driven Environment"

I have been working at Ascentis full-time

Pros

There truly is no "I" in team within this organization. Everyone is your cheerleader and supports your success. They have a work hard, play hard mentality and have a lot of fun doing it! Very positive, motivating approach from management and senior management as well - no negative scare tactics like you unfortunately see in some companies.

Cons

Some disconnect with employees located from coast to coast, so you have to be very organized and driven to succeed, but that only means you're in the company of A players here.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward employees for their success and support their growth - this has proven to result in happy, loyal employees at Ascentis!

"Great team"

I have been working at Ascentis (More than a year)

Pros

It's a collection of very bright, team-oriented contributors and hands-on leaders. Everyone seems invested in moving the ship forward.

Cons

It's very budget- conscious, which is good for financial planning but presents challenge recruiting local talent in silicon valley market area.