Ascentis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ascentis Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ascentis.

Interview

It was lengthy and I spoke to many different individuals within the company (probably around 12 to be honest), BUT it was very helpful for me. I knew walking out of the process that this was the right move because I had real exposure to different individuals who all delivered the same messaging. The people really sold me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascentis (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

My experience was very similar to the candidate from 6/24/16 with the process being 60+ days in all. I was interviewed by phone on 3 separate calls, 2 of which were by management which went very well according to feedback that I received. I was eventually flown across the country for 1 night for a 2 hour on-site interview with various mangers/c-level ee's as well as the CEO. Again, the feedback I received was positive. A week or so went by and I received an urgent request to share my references as they wanted to go ahead and make contact asap. I was told that the CEO wanted to check references prior to making any offers. My references were contacted and 2 of them stated later that they felt like they were the ones being interviewed and that the call seemed like more of an interrogation and could possibly be on the verge of an HR violation, crossing into personal questions. The 3rd reference informed me that Ascentis scheduled a call and they didn't even show up to the call. She was contacted again to reschedule and once again they didn't bother to contact her so she sent a reference letter by email. I wasn't contacted at all after my references were checked for an update however I gave it approx 2 weeks before I initiated contact again by email to check on next steps. I received a voicemail the next day (Friday evening) acknowledging my email with no details just to call on the following Monday if I would like to? I called after the weekend to find out where we were in this process as I needed to make some quick decisions about other offers that were being presented to me though I was still very interested after investing so much time/travel etc. though I felt as though they were being rude as a month had passed since the on-site interviews. I was told that my references were excellent, etc. and everything else checked out perfectly. BUT.......unfortunately given the fact that I didn't have HCM experience, I wouldn't be getting an offer. Followed by, "whoever gets you is going to be extremely lucky to have you", etc. I have to seriously question a company that schedules you for multiple phone interviews, goes to all the trouble to fly you across the country to interview you on-site and then gets you to the point of sharing your references that are highly guarded only to tell you that you don't have the experience?? Wouldn't they have vetted all of this out from my resume/numerous phone interviews before getting to the point of contacting references? Ascentis is seriously lacking in professional courtesy, as others have also stated. I felt like I had to hunt them down to find out what was going on as I didn't even receive a letter, etc. I asked why no one bothered to call or email me and tell me that I didn't get the job and I get the "well, I just found out". It appears that the C-level employees are involved in every potential hire and that should have been a huge red flag to possibly being in a micro-managed role not to mention that the management actually has no power to make a hire for their departments. This was 60+ days I'll never get back!

Interview Questions

• What would each past employer say about you?
      Lots of questions about current comp plan
      Ability to work on a team vs. independently
      How do you prospect for leads?
      Why are you looking to leave current company?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ascentis (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The overall interview process took 2.5 months from start to finish. There were several weeks between each step in the process and zero communication between steps unless I initiated it. The people are nice but lack follow through and professional courtesy. The CEO is obsessed with growing the business without adding headcount. I was told there's an expectation to work 50 to 60 hours per week. I was never told the pay range for the position despite asking multiple times. After stringing me along for 2.5 months, including bringing me onsite for a six hour interview and telling me an offer was forthcoming, they decided not to fill the position. They informed me via a vague and semi-apologetic email.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ascentis (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by 4 Skype interviews (I was remote). Overall, this was the smartest/nicest group of people I have had the pleasure to interact with. Interview covered a diverse set of technologies and was more of a discussion than the one way dialog I have found is common at other companies.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascentis (San Mateo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone screen the following morning. At the end of the phone screening I was asked to come into the offices to "continue our conversation". There I was interviewed by 3 people, one after the other for about 20 minutes each.

Payroll Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascentis (Roseville, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

This was a pretty thorough application process. I began with an online application and was immediately contacted via e-mail. Another e-mail followed the next day setting up the first phone interview. I had two more after that one. Then I went into the office and stayed for 4 hours meeting with different employees in different departments. I then had another phone interview with the CEO! He was great. They do expect you to have payroll knowledge and experience as well as an emphasis on customer service.

Interview Questions

• It had been years since my last payroll job so when they brought up fringe benefits, my brain stopped functioning for a moment. I was honest, mentioned I'd need a LITTLE refreshing but that I also knew my resources online.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me WAY more than I requested!