What people are saying about BD
Life Sciences Consulting
I have the 2nd round interview for the Management Consultant role at Qral Group tomorrow and this interview is apparently a technical interview where they will “take a deep dive in my analytical experience and skills and may present me with a short analytical case (no advance preparation required)”. As somebody with an M.S. in ME from UCLA and 4 years of experience in R&D working at Stryker, Acuitive Technologies (startup), and BD, how do you think I can best prepare for this?
Laid off 3 months ago. Trying to make career pivot as I've been struggling with securing interviews in either finance or tech. Got 2+ years software engineering BI analytics experience. Wiling to have a coffee chat/exchange resume & LI profile. Appreciate all the advice/tip/referrals available. Below are the companies I'm interested. Walgreens/Anthem Inc/BD/Illumina Marriott International/MGM Resorts International
Senior Account Executive
Hi all! I’ve been job searching for 4 months and my recent job offer got reneged. Can anyone provide a referral for marketing positions in life science orgs like Thermo Fisher, Lonza, GenScript, BD, Abcam, etc. I have a strong science background, ~5 years of exp, and trying to transition out of public relations into product marketing. Also, I’m based in DC. Thanks!
Women In Wealth Management
I’m leaving a planner role at a BD and stepping (back) into a financial advisor role at an RIA. I have 5 years experience as an advisor and when I relocated I took a planner position. So basically starting from scratch as an FA!! Any advice? Any particular niche you all have found success in or see an underserved area? What worked best for marketing and prospecting?
Got a burning question about BD? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with BD employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and can see a long career at this company" (in 348 reviews)
- "So many great people to work with as well that are willing to help you with projects and ideas." (in 322 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good" (in 192 reviews)
- "Great culture and values." (in 141 reviews)
- "Very flexible and good pay." (in 136 reviews)
- "Poor Management Lies and Politics" (in 203 reviews)
- "Some good managers but a lot of managers with poor judgment." (in 73 reviews)
- "They disguise their poor leadership behind a book of positive literature that has no substance." (in 53 reviews)
- "Bad Upper Management Leads To Less Movement Upwards" (in 46 reviews)
- "There have been annual layoffs prior to the end of the fiscal year since I joined." (in 46 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BD and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 3,671 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWMar 1, 2023Lead Implementation ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The BD onboarding team made me feel like I was their top priority. So many individuals worked together to ensure I had all the necessary tools. The introductions, tech support, learning platforms, etc. all helped direct my onboarding process. The professionalism, cultural inclusion, and hospitality at BD are welcome changes from other employers.
There is a lot of information to take in on multiple platforms, but they have a good database of workflows to reference.
- 5.0Aug 10, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
Great collaboration from Senior Management to my direct team. Everyone is willing to help in preparing me to make a difference in doing what is right by the Company and its standards and by the healthcare facilities I call on.
A bit overwhelming out of the gate because there is much to learn but starting anything new with a reputable global company is. That is the challenge. One I am excited to take on.
BD Reviews FAQs
BD has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 4,853 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at BD to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of BD employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BD 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.