BD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BD

2.9

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (San Diego, CA).

Interview

My total interview process lasted 4 weeks and consisted of 4 separate interviews spread out over 2.5 weeks. When I hadn't heard back after 1.5 weeks, I emailed to follow up and got an immediate response that the position had been filled by a more qualified candidate. Since it seems like there is the potential for breakdown in communication, I'd recommend sending a follow up email within 1 week so you aren't putting other things on hold. When I asked for additional feedback, the same email re-worded was sent.
    Because my interviews were all separate, I had to go over my applicable position and skills each time. There weren't many challenging questions asked, but one of the directors did say that I was exactly what they are looking for; therefore, I thought they went well.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me your current position.   1 Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moncks Corner, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD (Moncks Corner, SC) in July 2020.

Interview

Interview team didn’t really have an understanding of the position or associated responsibilities. They were not willing to negotiate. Staff did not seem very knowledgeable on technical aspects of validation.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with validation?   1 Answer

Documentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one main interview, with no prescreen interview or follow up after. The interview was several hours long and included meetings with three separate groups of people.

Interview Questions

• There were a mix of personality, leadership, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

I applied online. HR called me for an interview after 20 days I applied. It was just a normal interview. It took around 30 mins. HR asked general questions

Interview Questions

• What kind of knowledge and background do you have?   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

Applied online, received phone screen request. had interview with HR. everything went well. Answered all questions, HR wanted to setup interview with hiring manager. Decided to figure out a time via email. After that HR never contacted me again. Also tried email the HR but never got a response. After one year I received an email that position was filled. Very unprofessional. Should have the courage to inform the applicant if you are interested or not.

Interview Questions

• Did I do qPCRs, how many years experience etc.   1 Answer

Documentation Specialist Interview

Interview

I will put a caveat and say I was not interviewed for the company, but this is a review of the multiple recruiter companies that are working on their behalf. I have been contacted by 9 different recruiters today alone for the same position, and every time I block one another appears. I have even had one recuiter call me, I responded to ask him to send me the details since his English was so heavily accented, I was reading the email within the 5 minutes he sent it, he texted me since I didn't respond the second he sent it, so I emailed him to turn down the opportunity, then he tried to call me to pressure me into the job. This type of occurrence has been happening over at least the past two weeks. I honestly feel harrassed at how incessantly and pushy the recruiters are being, almost verging on being desperate. Even if I was truely interested in a position, their behavior alone would make me run for the hills. I am putting this review specifically on Becton Dickinson since almost every recruiter I spoke to was working for allegedly a different recruiting company. In addition, even multiple recruiters from allegedly the same recruiting company would email me about the same job position for Becton Dickinson on the same day. Unless this is a scam utilizing Becton Dickinson's name, I thought people should be aware of this type of behavior.

Associate Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and asked if I could send them my resume because they thought I would be a good fit for the position based on my profile. Sent her my resume and she asked if I was available for a phone interview later that same day which we agreed on a time for. Interviewer called promptly at agreed upon time briefly went over the position and then asked me to walk her through my resume. While I was in the middle of going over my resume I was rudely interrupted and bluntly told that I don’t have the right sales experience to qualify for this job and that she didn’t want to waste my time any longer and quickly got off the phone after mentioning that if something changes she would let me know.

Truly turned out to be a big waste of time especially considering that I was contacted directly by her because I was a “good fit” based on her search - only to be told over the phone that I didn’t have the type of sales experience they were looking for.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

3 different people for an hour. one at a time which was nice. It was overall very low key and they just wanted to get to know me. They talked about and asked me if I would want to stay on after graduation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

Had a Skype Interview after online application. Asked back for their Super Day for second-round interviews. The questions were mainly behavioral questions and the interviewed lasted about twenty minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you helped to simplify a group project?   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

I was connected by a recruiter.
    I did a quick phone interview, then an onsight interview. I had a good experience, the interviewer was pretty chill. She gave me a tour before the interview and showed me where I will be working.

Interview Questions

• questions were about why BD, and why the medical industry. Then Resume questions   Answer Question