BD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview - the interviewer didnt called in 1 hr later than the allocated time and was not even sorry
    In Person Interview - when I reached for interview on site no one from the four people panel were present. One arrived 15 min late some of them arrived 45 min late and then had the guts to look pissed that they didnt had enough time to interview me. Such unprofessionals work in this company

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions based on the skillset I didnt even have. Clearly the interviewers didnt review my resume before calling for inperson interview   Answer Question

Staff Reglatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview started with a phone call from HR. They asked questions like why did I want to leave my current position and what did I do during my time at my current job. After explain a bit about the position and where it was located I was told that my information would be passed along to the hiring manager and will be contacted if they want to move forward.

I was eventually contacted by the hiring manager and was ask more detailed questions about my background and my motivations for leaving. I then told more information about position and what I would be working on. The interview ended and later I was told that they wanted me to fly into San Diego for an interview. They flew me in the day before in the morning to get a chance to explore San Diego. The following day was the interview where I interviewed with all the people I would be working with, 3 regulatory affair specialist, Engineering team lead, Engineering Director, Risk Analysis Director and Compliance Director. It ended with lunch with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

It was a long process - about 45 days. First an HR phone screen, followed by the hiring Manager phone screen. Face to face with the hiring manager 2 weeks later. 3 weeks after that was the panel interview at the head office. I had 4 separate interviews with many department heads and supporting staff and concluded with a group observed situational role plays. I thought the process was very well organized.

Quality Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

The interview consisted of one on one interviews with one panel interview. It was a regular interview with normal behavior type situation questions and some technical questions. It was an overall good experience.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mannford, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (Mannford, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. However the woman I worked with in New Jersey never responded to me about the job even after multiple emails. Phone interview. However the woman I worked with in New Jersey never responded to me about the job even after multiple emails.

Interview Questions

• Time management. Other experience related to quality engineering   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlet, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD (Hazlet, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed For a 1 year contract position. Met with 2 people for 45 minutes.
    Never heard back from the recruiter, the contact person or the contact person after repeated calls and emails.
    If I didn't get the position, fine.
    Leaving one hanging...
    That's just rude.

Production Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

Met with manager, lead, and then brief test. I meet with the manager with the HR manager for a hour interview. Then a meeting with the team lead followed by a small test. The test was measuring powder.

Molding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (Sandy, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Brought to a conference room and 4 men joined me. Each one of them had a sheet and a copy of my resume. They would take turns asking me questions, while each of the other three would take detailed notes of everything I said. It was kind of intimidating but they were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a high pressure situation with tight deadlines.   1 Answer

TLDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

First round skype interview. Asked to prepare 5 slides (6-8 minutes, and held to that time!) regarding previous leadership and technical experience, followed by various follow technical questions (based on resume and presentation) and then about leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Why industry instead of academia? Discuss a time you failed and how you handled it. Discuss a time you were given assignment in which you were not prepared or did not have prior knowledge/experience and how you reacted?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Long drawn out process, poorly coordinated and not very inquisitive towards my qualities.

After being contacted by their recruiting staff, we set up a phone interview that was rescheduled twice. During the onsite interview process of four 30min individual interviews, most of the time was spent by the interviewers telling me about the company and the issues they face with almost no room to comment on how my skills could contribute (without interrupting them). I felt I had made a good first impression on all and I had answered all their questions satisfactorily, but felt I could have been asked more questions about my skillset. I had asked how long the process was estimated to take and what the next steps were, but the answer was very vague ("We still have more candidates scheduled") and found out there would be a decision after all interviews were completed (No second interview?)

There was very little communication from HR and each time I asked, I was told "We should have a decision by Friday", only to have to reach out and ask again the following week. This went on for over 3 weeks. Overall the process lasted from mid April through mid June, with little (and poor) communication from HR and no followup from the hiring managers.