BD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BD Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

HR phone interview (very helpful), hiring manager phone interview (to the point, great) , and on-site interview 3-4hrs with team. Recruiting and interview process took about 3 wks but could def be longer for travelers.
    Overall behavioral/ career aspiration questions with HR and hiring manager.
    In person team more on working style and experience. Most interviewers seemed to purposely pause or divert conversation to own career development, the company, or the groups rather than ask me specific questions. I appreciated learning but every time slot was a bit much and I feel didn't give me time to prove my skills and trainability. Gave vibe they had already written me off due to my experience, even in their phrasing of questions ... Which they knew well about before calling me in.. I appreciated and felt the few actual questions were relevant to role.
    A red flag was when they discussed other personalities which displayed clear disdain for some people they worked with. You can hire people to interact well but it was a sign that they don't seem to get rid of people that don't collaborate well together. Additionally, besides higher leaders, the other interviewers didn't have much enthusiasm for their jobs, but dreary. Overall, nice people with average questions that felt a bit condescending. But I gave benefit of doubt for the role seemed to have potential.
    I didn't hear back for 2 weeks, not even update to my request by email and only heard back after contacting hiring manager directly. In all my interviews I have had extremely helpful recruiters throughout whole process, whether an offer or rejection, not only when the decision suits them best. Glad I picked another offer.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you looking for other opportunities at your current company?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

Already work with in the company. Noticed they had. CNC programmer Position available so I applied. Since my B.S. degree is in Programming. I have done multiple programs for other companies that I have worked for. Was told I do not have the experience or background. Later found out they wanted to keep me on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Layed out a part and asked how to make this a lights out part.   1 Answer
    • Never asked about any g-codes or M codes to verify I knew programming it was.   1 Answer

IT Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

I met BD at my college career fair. I dropped my resume to the recruiters and I applied online that day. Within two days, I was invited to dinner with the recruiters to answer any questions I may have about the company or internship program. All of the recruiters were very inviting. They made sure I knew all of their names and had their contact information. The next day I was interviewed by two of the recruiters. The interview was almost entirely behavioral with a few brainteaser questions. It took several weeks before I heard back from them about my results. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe the Internet to someone who is from the 1950's?   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through my school's career center. After initial 30 minute school interview with BD supervisor, i was asked for an on site visit in Franklin Lakes to talk with my potential senior manager for another 30 minutes. The interviewers were both very nice and easy to talk to. Both interviewers had a list of questions were they wrote my responses on.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word. How would your best friend describe you in one word. How would your family describe you in one word.   Answer Question
    • Why Becton Dickinson? Why the Pre-analytical division?   Answer Question
    • Describe two experience, one from work experience and one from a school project, in which you had the role of being a leader   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I initially interviewed with a hiring manager who asked me overtly general questions, general to the point where they could not be answered accurately without my qualifying the interviewer moreso, though she was unable to be more specific.

Having made it through the first interview and on to the second, I then spoke to a SME, who gave me a more specific outline of the position and, was able to better qualify me in terms of my experience and how well of a fit I would be in to their culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an influx of questions from across the 45,000 employees who would be using the training materials you would design?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

Went to a career fair and got an interview the next day. Very friendly recruiter, had a good time getting to know more about the company. Straightforward behavioral interview. Supposed to hear back in two weeks.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BD (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Met at the career fair, interviewed on campus the next day, was asked very basic behavioral questions about strengths and weaknesses, time management, interest, why corporate finance, why BD, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BD in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by BD after giving my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. I had been sent an interview invitation, and I signed up for a time to interview via Skype. I received a response one week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the internet to someone from the 1950s?   Answer Question

IT Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BD in September 2017.

Interview

Behavioral focused. There was two people where both were present the entire time. One was a manager who asked the questions during the first half, and the second was a much younger associate who was in the final stages of the training program who asked the questions during the second half. Weren't super dressed up, pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the internet to someone in the 50s   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for the IT internship. They had a casual pre-interview dinner the night before, then a single on-campus interview which lasted around 45 minutes. Two interviewers took turns asking questions from a list and writing down my responses. Everyone was very friendly and it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What kinds of projects interest you?   Answer Question