BD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BD in July 2018.

Interview

After the online application I was phoned by HR and shortly after invited to a face to face interview. Two days after the interview I recieved an invitation for a second interview at their European headquarters. For this interview I had to prepare two presentations. Again shortly after, I recieved a phone call from my future boss who offered me the job and explained the next steps to me.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence people without power?   2 Answers

BD Response

Sep 20, 2018

Dear Associate,

It is great to hear from you. We are pleased to know your experience during BD’s recruitment process has been positive. We take candidate experience very seriously and your... More

Planner Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had met with several employees, Dept manager, planner buyers, Supply Demand planners, Sr management, Commodity Manager. They all asked about my employment background, a lot of situational examples and what culture I had preferred to work with. They asked if I was a team player and was I able to handle stressful situations. They had asked if I was organized.

Interview Questions

• Work issues and examples, describe how you handle them, describe yourself in one word, how well you work in a team, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had offered exceptional benefits. Medical benefits started the day I began work. Vacation and additional time off is excellent. I took the first offer. Then after 5 month they gave me a bonus and offered additional salary.

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then was asked to come in. I went in for an in-person interview, and two or three people (mostly engineers, I gathered) interviewed me at a time for one hour each. They asked challenging questions such as how a mechanical pencil works and giving me scenarios I might find on a job and how I would handle it. They were really trying to see how I thought through some of these things. I struggled through a lot of it.

Interview Questions

• How does a mechanical pencil work?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a quick 30 minute phone interview and was then invited to a Super Day Office Visit which took place 2 weeks later. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a case study, and other events that helped candidates get a better idea of what life at BD was like.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter. Had a 30 minute call with him about my resume, then moved on to the next call which was another 30 minute interview with a BD technical recruiter for the team I would be working for. This was mostly a very general overview of the position and a general conversation about my experience. He seemed to have a pretty good understanding of the tech side of things. Next I talked to the person who was heading up the project I was working on. It was one last in-depth conversation about my credentials. It was mildly frustrating that at the end of the call I was told they would contact me one way or the other and I never heard from any of the 3 people I talked to ever again. To be fair I also should have reached out after a week of not hearing back from them, but it was still irritating that they never contacted me ever again.

Interview Questions

• All were questions about my resume and experience with C# and NLP   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD in January 2013.

Interview

First round was a thirty minutes phone interview with the hiring manager. Second round was onsite interview with the team. There were five rounds including fifteen minute session with the HR manager.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager and also the people in the group that I would work with and 3 others from different groups. The process took about 5 hours.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Typical STAR Questions were asked. Along with the "Why do you want to work for us" type questions. Overall processing was quick. They took you on a tour of the site and the lab facilities then proceeded with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered conflict in a group.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BD.

Interview

team interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BD (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview - the interviewer didnt called in 1 hr later than the allocated time and was not even sorry
    In Person Interview - when I reached for interview on site no one from the four people panel were present. One arrived 15 min late some of them arrived 45 min late and then had the guts to look pissed that they didnt had enough time to interview me. Such unprofessionals work in this company

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions based on the skillset I didnt even have. Clearly the interviewers didnt review my resume before calling for inperson interview   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Interview

First, I interviewed over the phone. Based on the phone interview I got invited to the Franklin Lakes, NJ location for an onsite interview. I took a day off from work to go to the interview. I thought the interview went well. The comments I received while onsite from several interviewers were positive, and I thought I was well qualified for the position. Then I never heard from them again. I sent email to both the HR contact and the hiring manager several times, but I never heard back. I thought: if this is the way BD treats people, they must be really awful to their employees. If I take a day off from work for an onsite interview, at least have the courtesy to tell me whether I got the position or not. Based on my experience, I would *not* recommend this company.