Bassett Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Bassett Furniture Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2019

Found 173 reviews

3.4
Bassett Furniture CEO Rob Spilman Jr.
Rob Spilman Jr.
Pros
  • "Good training program with lots of valuable information(in 8 reviews)

• "Lots of options of fabrics and custom ability(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours sometimes no customers and nothing to do(in 9 reviews)

• "company shows favoritism to the top writers, must work all weekends(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love my company!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great CEO that not only cares but takes the time to listen . Excellent work environment . Excellent benefits. This companies visions and values aren’t just words but the foundation of our business model . I have been a loyal employee for 15 years because I know my company does the right thing

Cons

If you consider such rapid growth it’s hard to keep up a con

Advice to Management

Give more freedom to management on merchandising decisions

Bassett Furniture2019-02-27
  2. "In depth training for CCS."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Manchester, MO

I have been working at Bassett Furniture part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment and wonderful staff and manager always willing to help.

Cons

Complex programs requiring several responsibilities.

Advice to Management

None I love her and her style

Bassett Furniture2019-07-24
  3. "Design Consultant"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Colmar, PA

I worked at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

4 week delivery and they had excellent control of their inventory . Website is phenomenal . Marketing is THE BEST in the industry .

Cons

Weekends , some evenings but only until 8:00

Advice to Management

My managers always supported me and would act in a professional manner at all times . Never would hesitate to call a customer to save a sale on their day off or after hours

Bassett Furniture2019-09-15
  4. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at Bassett Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great lead time for custom upholstery and bench made furniture. Client's will have these custom, high quality product in home within a reasonable time.

Cons

Company needs to complete and refine the customer service "call center" operation

Bassett Furniture2019-08-29
  5. "Store Operations Administrator"

Current Employee - Store Operations Administrator

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, diversity in job functions.

Cons

Low pay and having to work every week-ends and holidays.

Bassett Furniture2019-08-21
  6. "Good Money"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great compensation plan and showrooms are lovey

Cons

Upper Management. This company has some of the worst management I’ve ever seen in my life. The money was good, but once the company decided to cut advertising to save money everything went down hill. The company chooses to continuously blame the Store level for everything. They don’t hold themselves accountable for the poor decisions they make and they don’t hold any other level in the company accountable for... anything. Stores are the end all be all of accountability. Quality control has become non-existent, and quality store traffic is also scarce. It was great to make money, but then they hired in AWFUL upper management for the CA district and they ruined everything and even the one to replace that one is awful. The company is antiquated and always behind the trends, their business decisions make absolutely no sense.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people around you that actually know what they’re doing and are on the ground. You keep preaching about this millennial era and wanting to advertise on social media, but your social media advertising is absolutely horrific. Stop thinking you know everything and start holding all levels of the organization accountable vs. just the stores. Get with the times. Also, don’t put a centuries old company out... of business, which is what you’re heading in the direction of.

Bassett Furniture2019-08-14
  7. "Working at basset is ok"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Paid Holidays, PTO

Cons

Pay, never get 40 hours a week even if you’re hired full time, also management sucks

Bassett Furniture2019-07-03
  8. "Bassett is a great American company"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stylish well made custom furniture. The design options allow for creative design presentations. On trend fabrics. Family owned and operated. Just a lovely place to be creative. Freedom to work in an open door fashion. Send ideas to corporate, think of better ways of doing business, networking. You kinda run your own business inside of a business.

Cons

Now that we have quick ship to the west side if the country, I really don't have a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing....great job staying on trend and quick shipping to clients.

Bassett Furniture2019-06-17

"Avoid Grand Junction CO Store"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Bassett Furniture part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product to sell, quality and well made. Fairly reliable delivery timetable, so customers are not kept waiting too long for their orders. Good training from corporate as well as product updates. Good CRM to keep track of fabric, orders etc. and what's going on with corporate. I enjoyed working with my fellow sales people.

Cons

This franchise store was possibility one of the worst places I've worked. Family management pressured sales people to meet quotas by walking on the floor while sales were working with customers and interrupting, refused to allow sales people to leave the store during eight hour shift. Didn't allow or encourage any breaks at all but if you took 10-20 minutes to eat lunch you had to move yourself down on "up board"... and lose your place. On a busy Saturday, I left a customer sitting on a couch thinking about their purchase as I needed to run to the restroom. This was at 1 in the afternoon and I had been going solid with customers since 10 AM. The manager followed me into the restroom and told me I shouldn't ever leave a customer on the floor alone. There was no encouragement of sales people, it was a very demeaning and negative atmosphere. I was told I didn't have to be a part of prayer at meetings in the morning but as I was in the same room it was hard not to be. After giving notice, I was docked $50. on my last paycheck for business cards. I never received any printed business cards of my own but used the blank ones they had in stock. I was also docked for admin costs and given less than 1% commission on my monthly sales. I felt Bassett Furniture was a good company but this franchise was a nightmare.

Bassett Furniture2019-07-01
  10. "great company"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The training programs for employees are very helpful. Upper management listens to suggestions from design consultants. Great support And communication through the entire company.

Cons

Typical retail hours and working weekends

Bassett Furniture2019-05-22