Behavior Change Institute Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2020

4.5
Behavior Change Institute Co-founder and CEO of Clinical Operations Dr. Joy Pollard, BCBA-D (no image)
Dr. Joy Pollard, BCBA-D
  1. "Wonderful Company!"

Former Employee - Billing Collections Coordinator in Taylor, TX

I worked at Behavior Change Institute part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, great ethics. Everyone has strong values and passion for what they do.

Cons

We worked remotely so sometimes it could get lonely, otherwise, I can’t say anything negative!

2. "Great Company that cares for their employees!"

Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician in Alamogordo, NM

I have been working at Behavior Change Institute part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication from all areas of staff. My clinician has been open and receptive when my daughter became ill. Her and HR have been working with me to ensure the safety of my family as well as my client's.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say!

3. "Love it"

Current Employee - RBT

I have been working at Behavior Change Institute part-time

Pros

It is so rewarding for me

Cons

There aren't any I can think of

4. "RBT Review"

4.0
    Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Behavior Change Institute part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, compassionate Team, enjoyable work experience

Cons

Sometimes lack of communication, lack of community amongst coworkers

5. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Behavior Change Institute part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment, great people

Cons

wish there was more communication with supervisors

6. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Senior Clinician

I worked at Behavior Change Institute part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clinical support, company culture, administrative support

Cons

No cons with this company

7. "Amazing Mission!"

Current Employee - Clinician

I have been working at Behavior Change Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Behavior Change Institute offers amazing growing opportunities, aligned with a great mission of serving rural areas! The values of the company promote team work, equal opportunities, support new ideas and are constantly looking for feedback to continue improving. Supervisors are welcoming and supportive of new projects! Constant professional development trainings. BCI overall encourages and supports professional growth aligned with personal lifestyle & goals!

Cons

With improvements come modifications, which require some additional re-learning processes.

"Amazing company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Clinician

I worked at Behavior Change Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*A true pioneer in Telehealth ABA service delivery - this organization has it figured out! They are bringing much-needed services to underserved regions without compromising quality or integrity *Supportive company culture with transparent communication *Effective organizational systems and attention to detail *Management takes pride in their employees by investing in their personal/professional growth and by enhancing compensation packages every year (401k, professional development funds, PTO days for years of service, etc.) * Financially responsible, stable company * Leadership is always focusing on ways to improve * Teams provide innovative, compassionate, and high quality clinical services * Coworkers are fun, passionate, and highly skilled.

Cons

*Base salary may be considered low in some geographic regions, however, incentive opportunities are often available and the overall compensation package is impressive for this industry. Management is approachable and transparent regarding salary negotiations! *High quality standards with heavy workloads can sometimes foster a high stress/high pressure environment and poor work/life balance. That said, management is always looking for ways to maintain clinical quality while also encouraging healthy employee work/life balance (i.e., gym membership discounts for employees, company cell phone, health/wellness initiatives, flexible scheduling, supportive working parent policies, etc.)

Continue reading

"Supportive, Ethical, Organized and Compassionate"

Current Employee - Board Certified Behavior Analyst in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Behavior Change Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Behavior Change Institute stands out above the rest in terms of support, ethics and compassion shown for families AND their employees. I have worked at three different ABA companies throughout the years, and can say without hesitation that Behavior Change Institute truly values their employees, and want to ensure they are making a significant positive impact on the lives of all the families they serve. BCI supports their employees by providing amazing benefits that really help foster a healthy work/life balance, which in return reduces the likelihood of burn out that is so common in our field. This is what I love most about BCI. They listen to their employees and figure out what is rewarding and what is most important, then find ways to implement these benefits into their company. BCI also provides many opportunities for growth at all levels, as well as for continued education in the filed of ABA by providing free CEU events monthly. I love this benefit as it not only helps keep BCBA up-to-date on current research and procedures in our field, but also ensures that we are providing top quality services to our families. Lastly, BCI is an extremely family friendly workplace. The tele-medicine model is also a perk as it allows for more concentrated time to work on treatment planning and supervision sessions versus spending most the day driving from client to client. My time is more productive and efficient, which allows me more family time in the end. I can't say enough great things about BCI. They are the gold star of ABA companies and I feel very fortunate to be a part of the BCI family!

Cons

None - they are amazing!

Continue reading

"Making a Difference in Clients and MY Life!!"

Current Employee - Board Certified Behavior Analyst in Merritt Island, FL

Pros

I came to BCI following my mother's illness. BCI afforded me the opportunity to work via tele-health while supporting my mothers' needs. Every co worker that I have interacted with has been so professional, supportive and extremely knowledgeable in their area of expertise. The focus is always on what's best for the child and family, while still maintaining a work/life balance for the staff.

Cons

I wish I would have discovered this company sooner!!

Found 28 reviews