KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Behavior Change Institute Reviews

Updated Nov 3, 2021

Found 38 of over 39 reviews

4.2
Behavior Change Institute Co-founder and CEO of Clinical Operations Dr. Joy Pollard, BCBA-D (no image)
Dr. Joy Pollard, BCBA-D
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Healthy Atmosphere

Oct 5, 2021 - Administrative in Cool, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a huge relief to finally work for a company that has the same professional standards and positive culture that I expect. My managers are approachable, supportive, and appreciative. My co-workers are friendly/helpful and take initiative. The job keeps me busy which I prefer. I especially enjoy the flexible schedule and remote work. They have bonus opportunities too and quarterly goals to help you grow professionally. I feel grateful to be a part of an advance and healthy organization.

Cons

With any remote position, sometimes I miss the day-to-day employee interactions. You can't just walk by someone's cubical and ask how's there day going? When you are new to the team, it takes a little more time to build that rapport.

CEO, Clinical Operations

We’re so appreciative of the time you’ve taken to leave us this review and are very pleased to hear that you’ve had such a positive experience working with BCI thus far! Building rapport within a primarily remote organization is certainly a challenge. We try to overcome this with open door policies, monthly virtual happy hours and other fun virtual social events and contests open to all employees, along with our virtual office technology, so we hope you’ve found your stride in this area! If you have any suggestions for ways we can improve in this area, we’re all ears! Thank you again for your kind words. We sincerely look forward to your contributions to making BCI an even greater place to work in the future!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

These 5 star reviews can't be real

Oct 30, 2021 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

NONE. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Cons

Lots of stress, crying and quitting due to being treated badly by supervisors. Low pay, lots of driving and the worst is that (if you're and RBT) you're put in really challenging and awkward home settings with very little support. The CEO, Joy, has lots of sweet sounding words, but at the end of the day I found her to be deceitful.

CEO, Clinical Operations

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We very much appreciate the time you have taken to leave us a review and are so sorry to learn that you felt stressed and unsupported during your time working as an RBT. The behavioral health field is no doubt challenging at times, but we strive to provide as many supportive resources as possible to help prepare our RBTs for the position, including comprehensive training, peer mentorship and supportive and highly trained supervisors, in addition to a leadership team who is always here to help when you encounter challenging situations. We’re always open to suggestions from our RBTs for how we can do better and regret that you didn’t have the opportunity to voice your concerns during your time with BCI. While driving to a client’s home is a part of the role, Registered Behavior Technicians are always informed of the driving distance to a client’s home. If it is not a distance they’re comfortable with, an RBT always has the option to opt out of the case assignment. We also provide a generous mileage reimbursement and pay a supplemental mileage stipend if the commute to a client’s home exceeds 30 miles. While we regret that your time with BCI was not the best fit for you, we’re proud of the five-star reviews and hundreds of satisfied employees who have earned BCI the distinction of being a New Mexico Top Workplace for six consecutive years. If you’d like to address any of your concerns in more detail, please feel free to reach out to us directly at HR@behaviorchangeinstitute.com and we would be happy to speak with you.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Low pay

Nov 3, 2021 - RBT in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work hours. Kind coworkers

Cons

Low pay and no guaranteed hours

CEO, Clinical Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re so glad to hear that the flexible work hours our Registered Behavior Technicians are offered have been a good fit for you and that you’ve found your co-workers to be kind! This speaks volumes about the compassionate nature of our employees. With a clear professional development and advancement path in place for RBTs, we’re proud to be able to provide incremental pay increases based in part on each employee’s goals and drive to advance within the company as an RBT. If you’re not familiar with the RBT advancement pathway, we encourage you to speak with your supervisor to learn about how you can grow in your role as an RBT. Thank you again for your review!

4. 5.0

The support is REAL

Aug 26, 2021 - Collections Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Human Investment, Support, Care, Patience

Cons

I honestly don't have any.

CEO, Clinical Operations

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate you and are always thrilled to hear that our employees feel supported and invested in! This has been a goal from the beginning and it's become even more critical during the last couple of years as we all learn how to navigate the Covid-19 crisis. BCI's internal response has been to invest heavily in the wellbeing of our employees through special benefit programs, employee wellness initiatives like 24/7 counseling, and virtual employee meet-ups, among other investments. Thank you again for your review!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that cares about its clients and staff

Jun 29, 2021 - Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

-very supportive, understanding and knowledgable staff: management, administrators, clinicians, behavior technicians -a caring mission and respectable values -flexibility -relaxed environment -remote work events (game nights, painting, puzzles) and paid mental health days

Cons

Nothing, honestly. I know it sometimes looks suspect to give all 5-star ratings, but I answered honestly.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company; very forward thinking

Apr 16, 2021 - Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Accessible and supportive administrators. Very comprehensive on boarding and training. I loved BCI and would have stayed a long time had I not decided to return to school.

Cons

Teleworking isn’t for everyone, but BCI makes it as smooth as possible

1 person found this review helpful

CEO, Clinical Operations

Thank you for such wonderful feedback! We're so pleased to hear that you found Behavior Change Institute's administrators to be both accessible and supportive-- two things we're always striving for! We view employee onboarding as a cornerstone to success with BCI and are so glad to hear that you felt it was a positive experience. While teleworking can certainly be a challenge, we acknowledge the importance of a work/life balance and do all that we can to support our employees with the transition into this work style. Ultimately, we think our employees appreciate the ability to telework, and the resources BCI utilizes help to bridge that gap, bringing our Clinical and Administrative teams together despite the distance. Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you the best of luck with your return to school!

7. 5.0

Great company

May 15, 2021 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding and flexible company to work for

Cons

Virtual meetings can be challenging while working

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Quality Services & Great Work Culture!

Feb 28, 2021 - Clinician
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive, progressive work culture - Dedication to providing high quality services - Manageable caseload - Committed to employee growth & promoting internally

Cons

- Work/life balance can be challenging in telehealth setting - Limited budget for client materials - Dedication to high quality can sometimes feel like a lot of pressure

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A lot of driving, not much pay or training

Apr 7, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro I can think of is that they paid for my training and hired me immediately.

Cons

The cons are that the management and BCBAs had no idea what they are doing. There was no communication between any one any any level. In spite of my constant requests, the information about whether or not I passed the test after being hired was not shared with me for six months. With all of the driving I was doing, I was making only about $7 per hour.

CEO, Clinical Operations

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Behavior Change Institute on Glassdoor. We’re committed to improving our employee experience based on valuable feedback like yours and will take into account the issues you’ve raised to help us achieve this commitment. We're proud to be able to cover the cost of the RBT training and are glad you were able to benefit from this! The Registered Behavior Technician credential (RBT) is a valued professional asset that can open the door to an incredibly rewarding career in the field of ABA therapy, benefiting both the RBT and the families they work with. We regret that you weren’t clearly notified of your test passage and empathize with your frustration. We’re looking into this communication deficit to ensure that we’re able to resolve any future issues that may arise from this lack of communication with your supervisor. We focus greatly on the Clinical Supervisor/RBT relationship we’re able to facilitate using frequent communication through meetings and messaging technology, but are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience in this area. As a standard for all RBTs, we offer a mileage pay equal to 11.12% of the RBT’s direct wage to ensure that they do not bear the financial cost of driving to their clients’ locations. In addition, if an employee is driving more than 30-minutes one-way, we offer a supplemental mileage stipend (in addition to the standard mileage pay) as part of the client-RBT pairing agreement. Thank you again for your feedback! It is very much appreciated and will be channeled appropriately to improve the employee experience at BCI.

10. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 19, 2020 - Registered Behavior Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Becoming a Registered Behavior Technician at BCI had been a great experience due to awesome and supportive co-workers and supervisors. The company greatly care for each employee and value our opinions.

Cons

The only con is if you are looking to have a full-time job, this position may not be a great choice unless you have more than 2 clients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews