Biaggi's Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Todd Hovenden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • My superior respects me, challenges me, teaches me and gives me the best work/life balance possible (in 3 reviews)

• Quality food and knowledgable kitchen staff (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, nights and weekends (in 3 reviews)

• Hard to make money, you tip out a lot of your earnings to food runners, bus boys, and bartenders (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Company to Grow With"

Current Employee - General
    Current Employee - General

I have been working at Biaggi's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Besides having the consistency of high standards and expectations of excellence, the company doesn't feel like a corporate chain. The mentoring and support I have received while 'growing up' with Biaggi's is unmatched to any company I have worked with. In less than six years, I have held every position from Host to General Manager. Managers are also allowed to problem solve for themselves, it isn't just ticking a checklist and generic procedures everyday.

Cons

Not an actual con, but if you are someone who cannot be held accountable, strive for high standards, or think for themselves you will not be successful.

Advice to Management

Take every opportunity to visit other locations!

2. "Best Job"

Former Employee - Wait Staff in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Wait Staff in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Biaggi's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was an incredible job; Eric, the managing partner, is truly dedicated to helping grow and teach employees. He worked himself up through the ranks from dishwasher to where he is now and when the floor is busy, he is busy. He is hands on and the the science behind why they do things the way they do may not be perfect but it is solid.

Cons

I loved my job; I only wish I could have stayed longer. Money is not super consistent but it never is in restaurant; of all places I felt comfortable here.

3. "Decent Company, Nothing Special"

Former Employee - Busser in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Busser in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Biaggi's (More than a year)

Pros

The food is good, so you can get a great mail at a discounts while at work.

Cons

I was hired as a busser being told it was a pathway to becoming a server. After three months, I caught on that they really had no intention of advancing me at all, so I left. I'm pretty sure they planned on keeping me as a busser forever, like another employee (who had been a busser for over five years!). I felt it wasn't honest in that the only reason I would have worked there was based on the opportunity to grow, so if I had known the way it was, I wouldn't have come to work there at all. Also, there's clearly an "in" crowd of employees who are treated differently than others. Just because I don't go golfing with the manager on weekends doesn't mean I'm not a good employee.

Advice to Management

Treat employees equally, rather than showing favoritism based on who you hang out with after hours.

4. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Biaggi's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Biaggi's has been committed to my development since 'day 1'. The company has a great culture that centers around structured training and performance standards in all areas in addition to the quality of life most restaurant managers don't find. With 20 locations there are plenty of people to reach out to for guidance. My compensation has been well above average and I can always count on a yearly review. You have a hands off Area Director that puts a lot of faith in the people they've put in place to perform a job. Micro-management does not exist.

Cons

The only cons that I've found with this company is the bonus structure. However, the base compensation makes up for it to an extent.

Advice to Management

I don't regret my decision at all to leave my previous company. To this point, I'm thankful I took a chance with Biaggi's. I appreciate all they do to make the entire team happy.

5. "Food was excellent, pay was fantastic ...management was atrocious!"

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Biaggi's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent money in a short amount of time, very lenient with mistakes (tardiness, food errors, miss-entries in POS), work with a great crowd of younger college students, excellent kitchen staff.

Cons

Horrible scheduling, extremely high stress environment, menu specials change every two weeks, appalling training routine with all staff members; hosts being the worst.

Advice to Management

If a large amount of staff members start quitting - its for a reason! If no one gets properly trained - everyone in the restaurant will suffer on busy nights. Better managers = better employees (Common Sense).

"Host/Hostess"

Current Employee - Hostess in Clive, IA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Clive, IA

I have been working at Biaggi's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy, well-paid, awesome restaurant, good atmosphere, friendly people

Cons

Servers can be annoying with claiming tables, but that is at any restaurant

Advice to Management

Make sure all employees get the hours they want before hiring a ton of new people. I will probably have to get another job because there are not enough hours to spread to all of the hosts we have. Therefore, we did not need to hire a ton of new hosts recently!

7. "Great place"

Pros

Loved the flexible schedule, kind management!

Cons

Too many servers on the floor at once

Advice to Management

Cut people sooner and don't schedule so many people to give those there a chance to make more.

8. "Davenport Biaggi's Review"

Current Employee - Host/Busser in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Host/Busser in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Biaggi's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to learn and serve people from the local community, and interact with people from different backgrounds and social standings.

Cons

The management team tends to pass over those with great talent for those with physical beauty and tends to tear down those who they deem as incompetent

Advice to Management

Look for employees who actually want to serve those who are coming to your establishment and not those who are just going to sell the most products.

9. "Server"

Former Employee - Server in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Peoria, IL

I worked at Biaggi's part-time

Pros

Business is good, managers all know what they're doing, kitchen staff is on point

Cons

Wait staff is very catty, very cliquey. Not good people.

Advice to Management

Hire better people

10. "Server"

I worked at Biaggi's part-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Managers were great and flexible.

Cons

Unless you were working banquets, nights were hit or miss.