Blendtec Reviews | Glassdoor

Blendtec CEO Tom Dickson
Tom Dickson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of long term vision and leadership from the executive team and upper level management is setting the stage for company implosion (in 8 reviews)

• Not enough compensation per blender, long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. "Unbeatable product"

Current Employee - Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Easy to take pride in blendtec. the longer you work here the more you realize they really do make the best product in the industry. They work hard to design and bring new products every day.

Cons

If I had to pick a con I'd say that some management is lacking but I'm confident they'll figure it out.

Advice to Management

Quit... just kidding most management is excellent enjoyed working here especially because of the people.

"Best Blenders!"

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

You get a free blender after 90 days, the people who actually do the work here are wonderful! Great employee discounts on Blendtec, Blendfresh, and GEO. products.

Cons

Employees are not appreciated, made to feel like your contribution has no value. There are a lot of "rules" but they don't apply to everyone. There is always fear in the air because of how many lay offs employees have endured. Jobs are created for people who have an in, promotions are given to people that may not deserve them. No raises, no bonuses, no employee reviews. Management runs around like a chicken with its head cut off and the rest of the company has to follow behind them. Resources are not given to current employees in order to set them up to succeed. Rather we hire people from outside who don't know anything about our product, culture, or vision. Moral is terrible, everyone comes to either get a paycheck or build their resume.

Advice to Management

Get it together..

"So Much Potential - Lack of Leadership Will Be The Company's Downfall"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Superb products. Many people in the trenches give their all, work hard, and are committed to company success.

Cons

Lack of long term vision and leadership from the executive team and upper level management is setting the stage for company implosion.

Advice to Management

Don't look for others to blame and fire when things go wrong. Take accountability for poor choices. Hire managers and executives who know what they are doing and can sustain long term results...not just people who pretend to be educated and know what they are doing when in reality they have no formal education or real life experience in corporate America.

4. ""WEAK LOW-GRADE MANAGEMENT""

I worked at Blendtec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

On Site Clinic,Exercise room,Massage Therapist

Cons

Management must have received their degree out of a cracker jack box..You could be the most reliable,dedicated employee and still get a 1% raise. What a slap in the face..Blendtec Management gets rid of their Full-Time employees and replaces them with Temps which Blendtec promises to make them full time and Don't..Management Bad mouths you..Management makes a mistake, will throw YOU under the bus..Having to Sharing the Bathrooms with TRANSGENDER!!!! IS NOT ACCEPTABLE with my CULTURE!!!

Advice to Management

ADVICE TO TOM DICKSON !!!You Need Production,Floor Managers with a Degree and who knows how to treat and talk to their employees.. Stop Lying to the employees, Currant Management will have Blendtec bankrupt in No time.

"Production"

Current Employee - Production in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Production in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best blender around. Love learning and Implementing lean manufacturing principles. Love the people I work with. The business has made changes for the better and headed in the right direction. I just love my job and coming to work. :-)

Cons

I don't really see any cons just opportunities to learn and grow from. :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good TEAM work. I know I enjoy seeing upper management come around and get to know who we are. :-)

6. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Working at Blendtec has been an amazing experience. Boss is trusting and fair, but expects employees to work hard. Current leadership has company heading in positive direction. Competitive pay, wish there were more bonuses.

Cons

Definitely some growing pains. In December of 2015 they had a pretty big layoff with past leadership. Normal Corporate red tape, but they are trying to better the culture.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Line lead"

Former Employee - Line Lead in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Line Lead in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Great company, employees and managers. Great spirit and forward thinking. Gym, Bistro and awesome benefits to help their employees. Worked there for 2 1/2 years but quit to help out my parents back home.

Cons

More leadership and kaizen/pdca training for teams. We did it individually but there is a lot to learn so anything to keep up with it would be great.

Advice to Management

Trust your teams and accept every outcome as a tool to learn and improve.

"Wouldn't recommend now, but maybe in the future"

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Decent PTO

Good healthcare for single individuals

Fun team building events such as the seven peaks trips

Competitive pay

The bistro provides a perfect solution for on site meals

Gym, massages and great coworkers.

Blentec is a well known company in the area and the locals love the products!

Most importantly the blenders made here have more horse power than vitamix along with better warranties.

Cons

The golden age is over for the company. The number of employees has dropped over the last couple of years and due to financial trouble there isn't much of a budget for upwards movement within the company.

The management hyped up two sister company's recently promising endless potential, but both companies seem to be struggling to even sell products to employees at significant discounts. From my perspective blendtec needs all of the help it needs right now and the two sister company's draining finances while blendtec is seemingly struggling to stay afloat doesn't help anyone. Everyone has to innovate to stay on top but so far the sister company tactic is showing little to no return.

The company is family run (and i say run instead of owned because I'm not sure anybody knows who owns what since investors have recently got involved) which comes with its own set of pros and cons. You know how people say wealth made is always lost by the third generation? That seems to be the case here. The current CEO made his fortune through either accidental ingenuity or being a genius engineer... either way you look at it, his generation of the family was the one that made this all happen. You can say whatever you want about his role in the company now but he's the reason we all have a job today.

The CEO's son, Thomas, seems to be competent at what he does and I really don't have much good or bad to say about him. He seems to have more control of the company as far as who makes the decisions right now so only time can show wether he's good at what he does or not.

Now we get to the third generation who seem to be loose cannons and depending on which grandson you're interacting with your experience can either be positive or negative. The overall perception of the 3rd generation isn't a positive one for the company and I hope by the time they come of age to take the reigns in (assuming the same family still runs the company by then) that they have had some serious time to mature and become business men .

Advice to Management

Focus on the essentials to keep blendtec functioning. Get back to quarterly rewards to keep employees happy and hopeful in the company reaching the golden age again. which allowed for more upwards movement, more innovation, better employees, and happier employees.

Rein in the third generation. If you want the company to stay family owned and continue functioning make sure the future leaders aren't the ones squandering the success of previous generations. As it is now the employee parking lot is a playground holding many of the third generations toys. Think about that... the same parking lot (now fired) employees used to fill up is so empty the 3rd generation just uses it to house their many vehicles and toys. That doesn't give a good image to employees whose benefits have been cut, quarterly bonuses removed, and family members fired for the "survival of the company".

Continue to be transparent on company news and progress during the monthly employee meetings. I still have hope we can make it back to the good ole' days! Viva La Blendtec!

9. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Warehouse
    Current Employee - Warehouse

I have been working at Blendtec part-time

Pros

Super flexible hours and great pay

Cons

Takes forever to get hired on

Advice to Management

Hiring takes forever

"Finance"

I worked at Blendtec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people. Amazing product. Cool technology. Earning potential can be pretty good.

Cons

The management at this company is a total joke. I interacted with the top of the company for a long time. They are all treated like demi-gods and take ZERO responsibility for mistakes. I've seen management fire entire departments over hurt feelings.

Advice to Management

Let real professionals run this company. It wouldn't even take visionaries... just people who understand business metrics and happy culture. Current management changes their mind every three months.