BlueJeans Network Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2020

BlueJeans Network CEO Quentin Gallivan (no image)
Quentin Gallivan
Pros
Cons
  • "It was a bold move by BlueJeans management to get(in 25 reviews)

• "Claims to be user-centric but really Zoom-centric(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent environment"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent benifits package - Great culture, very approachable HR team - Great management, encourages you to innovate and solve problems

Cons

- Can't think of any

2. "The Goal is Clear"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at BlueJeans Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team! Moving the Mountain View office to Santana Row was a game changer. Access to great before/after work life at Santana Row. Access to gym, shopping, dining, spa and entertainment. Product is by far better than the competition. There's no choice other than BlueJeans.

Cons

There was a recent downsizing. It was a bold move by BlueJeans management to get bluejeans to the next level. Unfortunately, this caused disruption both internally and externally. While this may create uncertainty for some, the goal is clear.

3. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time

Pros

flexible schedule, lots of work to do, good people there

Cons

lots of work to do, limited pay ranges

"BlueJeans, but from Forever21"

Former Employee - Customer Success in San Mateo, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people who know the value of hard work. Department leadership in CS is wonderful. Ok product. Good work/life balance.

Cons

C-level leadership is unreachable and uninterested in their employees - the one and only concern is dollars and cents (so they’re ok laying off a massive amount of employees 3 weeks before Christmas with no forewarning or real explanation).

5. "Good Comoany"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learnt alot - get what you put in

Cons

At times not cohesive

"Mass Lay-off and company RIF"

Enterprise Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at BlueJeans Network

Pros

None! Horrible culture and treatment of dedicated employees. I worked at Bluejeans for 2 years and was part of the massive lay-off where they let 250 employees go. CEO didn’t even have the decency to tell us in a live webinar, we were invited to a recorded webinar where the CEO told us how great of a move it was to Lay-off half of the company in order to be profitable. CRO, CMO, customer success, Sales were all part of the massive RIF.

Cons

Horrible culture and dying product that can’t compete with Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft teams. The lay-off happened during Christmas of 2019 out of no where, with zero concern for the employees who worked here for many years.

"Lost potential"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting tech, fun culture, in the heart of Silicon Valley

Cons

Unclear direction, too expensive early on, still not public

"To be a profitable company, one must lay off half of their workforce"

2.0
    Current Employee - Global Customer Care

I have been working at BlueJeans Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Within my own team and organization, I have always felt supported and empowered to make decisions when it comes to work and my customers. -Flexible PTO

Cons

-The CEO laid off half of our workforce yesterday due to wanting to be a "profitable" company. Take this with a grain of salt as a lot of employees/teams needed to support and retain our customers are now gone. It was clear there was very little thought to this decision as there are zero mitigation plans in place to cover all the key players in our business.

BlueJeans Network Response

December 6, 2019CEO

We appreciate your feedback. Our decision to accelerate BlueJeans’ path to profitability was made after very careful consideration and we are deeply grateful for the contributions of the talented team members who have helped bring BlueJeans to this point. The decision to streamline will benefit our customers and employees long term and I am confident that those who have BlueJeans on their CVs can point to career-making accomplishments. We continue to double-down on product innovation and have detailed plans in place to ensure our customers continue to receive the world-class support they deserve. For more information, please review our CEO blog here: https://www.bluejeans.com/blog/ceo-update-bluejeans

"Not a company I would recommend"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time

Pros

Working on some latest technologies.

Cons

Worst culture one can come across in the valley, a typical H1B sweat shop and especially in the engineering team one would come across a highly ego centric guy working over there, who I think is a deterrent in many ways to the organization . Its worst and only bonded labors like the H1B folks would stick to this company on the engineering side as they don't have any other options to move out in today's world.

BlueJeans Network Response

February 27, 2020VP, People

We value your feedback and agree that culture and camaraderie are critical elements for a thriving workplace. In terms of your other comments, we encourage you to review the USCIS website to get latest details on the various VISA requirements. There you will find that anyone with an H1-b is not tied to any one specific company. Our employees are here to build a great product and company and have earned the trust of some of the most demanding customer organizations in the world for providing a world-class service.

"Sinking ship"

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with some good people.

Cons

Worst management I've ever had. Laid off half the company weeks before Xmas. Terrible product that can't keep up with the competition.

Found 203 reviews