BlueJeans Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 16, 2019

3.1
Quentin Gallivan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits and overall positive work/life balance is good" (in 8 reviews)

• "Friendly people, decent food, nice work culture" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance is non existent, people work like startup but it is not really one now" (in 5 reviews)

• "I found that there are no cons or such reasons" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Product Management"

Current Employee - Product Management in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BlueJeans Network (More than 3 years)

Pros

Humble, non-political environment. Very customer-focused. Everyone here just wants the company and its customers to be successful. Great new UX on the product, launching a product renaissance.

Cons

Great to have new leadership across all functions, taking the product, GTM, and engineering in the right direction, but overcoming a lot of legacy process, practices, and technical debt. The light is at the end of the tunnel!

Advice to Management

Continue down the road of the consolidate meeting platform, combing audio, video, and web conferencing. It's not just about video and interop, as it was when the company was founded.

BlueJeans Network Response

May 17, 2018 – VP, People

Thank you for your feedback.

I would encourage you to also give your feedback through our engagement survey as well.

"Great People, Solid Product"

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people who care
    Good / chill office environment, flexible hours
    Management largely good, smart

Cons

I'd say that it's more of a "Product" and not so much a "Company" yet. They need to expand and diversify – and advertise!

"Not Good Experience"

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my peers and the snacks. Our meeting rooms were set up well.

Cons

Zoom is a major problem and they weren't being addressed very well, but the biggest problems are internal. It was not a good feeling being on the sales floor. There is a lot of Ra-Ra going on, but the general feeling once you get your quota is that you're in over your head, with no foreseeable way out. Even if you are successful, it is quickly forgotten or discounted as a fluke. Individual contributors must fight for everything, with little support or recognition. Promises are routinely made that are never really followed through with, or are just quietly forgotten. That was the number one complaint I heard when I got there, and it was still a complaint when I left.

Advice to Management

Everybody understands that Sales can be a numbers game, but treating your Sales people like interchangeable numbers can be very detrimental to morale. Big promises about a brighter future made to employees aren't quickly forgotten, even if you want them to be.

"Overpriced product with oblivious leadership and way behind the competition"

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing to write here, it was absolute chaos and a mess

Cons

BlueJeans is like one of those revolving doors you get into, but no one will let you out. My very first day I walked into the office and thought, oh god what did I do. It was end of quarter and there was not a saleperson to be found, and the office was silent. My old employer was still calling me to change my mind and come back but I didn't. Joke was on me.

When I say a revolving door, literally weekly you could see new people come on board and others leave. Upper management turned over for the 4th time, I had 5 different bosses in my time at BlueJeans. Leaders lead by fear, not example. They would absolutely rip you apart in front of your peers just to make an example of you vs. coach you.

One sales team implemented Power Hours of cold calling and celebrated the idea as if they coined it, when in actuality the numbers were crap so they had to implement something enforceable. Enterprise sales reps who have been there for over a year had no sales or pipeline to show for yet somehow skated by.

When I left, there were 35 open sales positions on the website to fill. That wasn't due to expansion, it was due to the toxic leadership that wanted nothing to do with hearing your feedback or ideas. You were nothing but a dollar sign to them, and if you disagreed with them, you were in the doghouse. They want you to do as your told by them and its their way or nothing at all. Even if you're a seasoned veteran in your area and hold the key to all the relationships they want.

BlueJeans especially expects channel partners to bow down to them and sell their product and only theirs. They don't understand why companies doing billions of dollars in revenue and who are the largest partners of say Microsoft and Cisco and AT&T and HP, Dell, and others, wouldn't go in and sell BlueJeans first. The solution is overpriced, behind in features compared to competitors, and considering that sales people are constantly coming and going, accounts have no idea who to talk to.

I mean, the head of product left and went to the competition. That should sound off alarms right? Not here. One leader was seen writing on LinkedIn, "people don't leave companies because of bad managers, bad people leave when good management comes in". Maybe a few here and there, but hey whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night you buffoon.

There's honestly way too much to write here, between creepy characters and the things they say to women in the office, bullies, thick skulled sales people who think they are god's gift despite closing sales less than the size of my bi-weekly paychecks, and the other cloud of negativity that surrounds this place. I don't need that kind of toxicity in my life, so if you're reading this, godspeed and DON'T work here.

Advice to Management

Find an island with no one on it. Go to the island. Stay there. Never manage people again. I've seen monkeys at the zoo throwing their own poop who are smarter than you.

"Missed a huge opportunity"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BlueJeans had a great culture, and a disruptive product (cloud-based video) that resonated in the market. The people were great to work with, and the sales management team were motivational and very supportive.

Cons

Even though BlueJeans ads touted the value of working from anywhere due to video technology, the company was hesitant to allow its sales reps to WFH. The biggest con, though, was the arrogance and misperception about how good the product was. It clearly wasn't as good as the competition because BlueJeans went from being the clear leader in the cloud-based video space to playing 2nd fiddle to Zoom.

Advice to Management

Sell the company so that those of us who worked there years ago, helped build the company, and bought our options when we left can at least get our money back!

BlueJeans Network Response

Jan 30, 2019 – VP, People

We are sorry you had a challenging experience. We can only echo what our customers and partners are telling us during regular account review sessions: we have delivered a great experience that... More

"Dumb and dumber"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard boiled eggs in the company fridge for people who have protein rich diets.

Cons

Dumb and dumber = Bluejeans sales leadership.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the two fools leading your sales teams and move on.

"This used to be a really decent place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BlueJeans Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very few good men and women left.

Cons

CEO and everyone he has personally brought on board. Former old school BlueJeans Management that is still there that is just absolute dead weight.

Advice to Management

I'd say right the ship, but unfortunately, it may be too little too late. You've let so many incredibly quality people walk out I'm not really sure you're capable of even listening.

"Toxic - STAY AWAY!!! Please read."

I have been working at BlueJeans Network full-time

Pros

I have absolutely nothing to say here.

Cons

If you are reading this, then please please please take note of all of these reviews. Believe me when I say that all the good reviews here are just desperate brown nosers trying to cover up the bad ones. These losers legitimately write good reviews to try and bury the truth. There is no great atmosphere, company culture or “great employees”. Just a bunch of toxic neanderthals trying to fake it til they make it. Or at least completely getting exposed and losing their entire organization in the meantime. People are leaving this company by THE WEEK! STAY AWAY!! The leadership here (if you could even call it that) is poisonous, fake and failed. I almost feel sorry for them but then, I don’t. Man, what a mess.

Zoom - if you are reading this, congrats! Congrats for winning at everything! This company only defines itself by how much it cannot compare to you.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to take a nice long trip overseas, find yourself and remove yourself from any organization until you are well and fit to do so.

"BlueJeans"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BlueJeans Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to work for a firm that is hungry for success

Cons

some disorganization at times; continuous inspection from leadership.

Advice to Management

stop micro managing every aspect of everyone's responsibilities. Hire people who you trust.

"Victim of own past success"

I worked at BlueJeans Network (Less than a year)

Pros

On the surface a good company. Seems like a good company to work with. But thinking remains small. Want to grow, but don't want to try new things.

Cons

What is work life balance?
    What is knowledge sharing?
    What is customer focus?
    Pep talks go just so far?
    Every shiny things distract from customer focus. Scared of commitments and focus. Very week second layer of management.

Advice to Management

Need to develop new folks as old methods give old results. Stop micro managing and start trusting new employees who bought into your story. Stop making unilateral decisions.