Bronto Software Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Bronto Software General Manager Carolyn Sparano
Carolyn Sparano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people and a great culture (in 8 reviews)

• Great company, culture and product (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want to work at a growing company you need to deal with change (in 6 reviews)

• So I don't really have any cons to report (in 3 reviews)

1. "Awesome Environment!"

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time

Pros

Very helpful team and managers

Cons

None! Everything is perfect here!

"Like a cult. Better Buy in"

I worked at Bronto Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

intelligent people. nice office.

Cons

had to buy into all the company culture stuff. better dress up on halloween or else you get mocked. better drink all the bronto kool aid.

Advice to Management

dont try so hrd to be to "cool" bosses. just run a good company.

Bronto Software Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Social Media Strategist

I am really sorry your experience at Bronto did not match our intention of being the best place you've ever worked. We do a unique company culture, including going all out on Halloween. We... More

"The best of both worlds: Challenging and fun"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Marketing Communications in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Marketing Communications in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bronto is a growing company with the heart and soul of a startup. I think that's one of the things that makes the culture so unique and so warm. I've been in the marketing department at Bronto for 2 1/2 years and still think it's the best place to work. The marketers at Bronto are dynamos. They take care of one another while being totally focused on helping the company grow. That passion has allowed me to do some really fun things for my own career and for the company. The best thing is that everyone is able to bring ideas to the table and then help guide them to fruition.

Cons

There are still a few small growing pains associated with the Oracle acquisition - processes, red tape, etc. But the leadership are working to iron out the kinks when they find them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You've created a fun, challenging, quirky, supportive environment where people love to come to work. Great job!

4. "Still the best place to work ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Bronto through the acquisition by NetSuite and then by Oracle. Sure, things have changed with each, but day to day we still operate like we've always, with lots of independence to do our jobs the right way, with lots of opportunities to make a different and grow professionally. And we still have lots of fun every day, with team and company events, monthly luncheons, cross-departmental gatherings and so much more. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

As any company grows, maintaining the "old-school" culture can be tough. We struggle sometimes, but great people make for a great place to work no matter what. So I don't really have any cons to report.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the people and all will remain great!

5. "Amazing Work Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I worked at Bronto Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great culture
    - Relaxed atmosphere
    - Highly transparent
    - Brilliant minds in the Engineering department
    - Revolutionizing engineering practices

Cons

- Challenging to move up
    - Lots of engineers wind up bored with the work they are doing

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on talent and make sure that everyone is doing the work they want to be doing.

6. "It's not the "good ole' days" but its still good!"

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible, great location, and amazing co-workers
    -Always something going on
    -Opportunities to do unique things
    -Opportunities to participate in so much more than just the day to day
    -Oracle benefits with the Bronto spirit
    -I personally feel like I have an amazing manager who cares about my long term success
    - I also feel like management as a whole is good

We have been acquired by NetSuite and then NeSuite was acquired by Oracle which means we have gone through a lot of transition in a short time. I feel like its been handled pretty well overall and while I know some folks struggle that is not the "good ole' days" when we were just a start-up, the days are still very good.

Cons

-With the acquisition, being under Oracle has had its challenges of learning new processes and procedures.
    - Vacation package used to be a bit better

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job navigating Bronto post Oracle.

7. "Great company, great people, great culture!"

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time

Pros

Still loving it even after two acquisitions. Although our processes have had to change, at its heart, it's still the same Bronto we know and love. Am excited about the next mission, Vision 21 and where we are going. Great people and a great culture. Love coming to work every single day.

Cons

Challenges navigating the labyrinth of Oracle processes. Hard to be productive with my time when it's so hard to figure out exactly what needs to happen to get approvals through the systems. Definitely not intuitive software.

Advice to Management

Continue to work at keeping the great Bronto culture and focused on what we know is best for the business.

8. "Stay Away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay now that Oracle is bankrolling them. Oracle benefits.

Cons

After only a couple of months in, I can say this is the worst job I've ever had. To begin with, the job description was misleading and advertised in such a way to attract talented people to menial positions. When I spoke in the interview about certain aspects of the job that interested me the most, I got smiles and nods instead of an honest "actually, you will not get to work with that technology." Inter-departmental communication is atrocious. There is no spirit of co-operation between teams, and most teams view each other combatively and disparage them constantly. People are not overly interested in helping you solve a problem if they can get by with ignoring it. As a result, a very common tactic is to send an email to the person you want help from, their manager, and your manager (if not more people)... before even asking someone directly for help. Employees consistently do as little work as possible to send an issue or project to the next person or team and not worry about it. No one takes ownership of anything. Big company bureaucracy paired with the undefined and loose processes of a former startup make this the worst of both worlds; not the best.

Advice to Management

Lead Bronto as a unified entity and make sure that teamwork is fostered across teams.

Bronto Software Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Social Media Strategist

We are very sorry to read that your experience so far has not been positive. Please speak to your manager about your dissatisfaction, or if not your VP of your department so that they are aware of... More

9. "Best job!"

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly love working here. I have the best leadership here at Bronto than any company I've worked for in the past. My management truly cares about me and believes in what I do. They live by our values (transparent, approachable and passionate). My hours are flexible so I can work the hours that fit my life. My team members are intelligent, passionate and encouraging. It's a great atmosphere to be in!

Cons

There isn't a single con for me.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. We see the effort you put in every day!

"A great job with great people"

Current Employee - Consultant in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Bronto Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers and management are friendly, welcoming, and progressive. The campus, both in LA and Durham, are beautiful. The company is still small enough so everyone is easily accessible. Management is accommodating and supportive.

Cons

No cons to report at this time