Bronto Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bronto Software

Sort:

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

After an informal phone screen was invited to come and have an in person interview.

Upon arriving was given a tour of the office by HR.

Had several meetings with different supervisors of multiple departments & Sr developers. Sr developers asked several questions regarding the use of several PHP functions. The other meetings with the management team were much more informal.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screening, then in-person meeting with series of teams to gage cultural fit, expertise fit. Talked with engineering management, then white-boarding session with chief architect, and a finally personal conversation with Joe the CEO

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a highly-available queuing system for events?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC).

Interview

Worst Interview process I've seen yet. Very bad with email communication. Sad because something something email marketing company.

Interview Questions

• 1. List the programming languages with which you have proficiency and professional experience, along with how much experience you have.

2. What design patterns have you found yourself using in a professional capacity? Can you provide use-cases for why these patterns helped you write maintainable, testable code?

3. Describe your approach to unit testing. When can unit-testing fail? What are some additional benefits to unit testing, outside of the tests themselves?

4. Name the top 3 data structures you find yourself using for storage and manipulation of in-memory data. If you can, provide average and worst-case execution time for element add/remove/access/search.

5. List the top 3 things you like best about your primary development language. Likewise, provide your top 3 most hated aspects of that language.

6. Provide techniques and/or experience you have in order to scale applications for rapidly increasing:

o read-performance requirements

o write-performance requirements

o computational requirements

7. Please detail your experience working with and/or implementing distributed computing environments, where application logic, storage, manipulation, scheduling, etc. is not isolated to a single machine. What particular challenges and/or opportunities has these types of environments provided you?

8. Do you have experience working with HTTP-based APIs? Both application-internal and public, Internet facing APIs are OK. If so, what did you use them for? Have you implemented such an API? If so, please explain.

9. What is your preferred development environment? What operating system do you develop on/for? What editor/IDE do you use? Why do you use this set of tools?

10. Please list your top 5 favorite "geek" web sites.

For Java / Platform candidates:

1. Do you have experience with Spring or Google Guice?

2. Do you have experience with using Generics in your application design(s)? Explain.

3. Do you have experience with Java's concurrency API? Explain.   Answer Question

Not heard back.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

A corporate recruiter contacted me to do an initial phone screening, and was very nice. We just discussed my resume, salary requirements, etc. The next step was a phone interview (I was not local to Durham) with who would be my manager, and had about a 45 minute conversation. She was very forthcoming with details about the position and Bronto's culture, and we had a great discussion.

A few weeks later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was actually comprised of three interviews, totaling 3 hours. I was greeted by my corporate recruiter, who took me on a tour of the offices, and then to a very small conference room for my first interview. I met with the position's managers, then two peers, and then the CEO. I thought it was great that the CEO wanted to take the time to talk with me, so I got some really good insight into the company. Everyone was very friendly and relaxed, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Overall, it was a positive experience, except it did take them a very long time to make a decision after my interview. It was a new position, so they were still figuring out the job's scope, which understandably took a while. I was obviously anxious to hear, so that was the only frustrating part.

Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any odd questions like what song describes me (though I did prepare an answer!). Most difficult question wasn't a hard one for most people, but was, "What do you do outside of work to improve your career?" I believe they were looking for me to be attending networking groups, seminars, etc. outside of work hours, which I just don't do because of family reasons. So I think it's important to them that you're more than a 9-5 employee.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview (but with many people...5).

Negotiation

Initial offer was lower than expectations. 2nd offer was low again. 3rd was higher but not where I wanted to be.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with the corporate recruiter. Then I had 2 other separate interviews with different team members. These were very conversational interviews about my experience, general knowledge about concepts and opinions about the subject matter. The 4th step was a presentation to the team over some material that was provided. I wasn't local, so this was done via web conference/screen sharing.

The people involved all seemed great and fairly responsive throughout, but I get the sense they were rather indecisive. The process was dragged out a bit with some scheduling "adventures" on their part. I was in my element and handled everything thrown my way without a hitch. In the end, despite things seeming to go well, they just decided to continue interviewing without much more explanation. It's obnoxious, but this seems prevalent in today's hiring process. It is not unique to them. I do wish them well. They have a good product.

Interview Questions

• If a client's email subscriber list growth is flat, what are some steps you would take?   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Interview

They just blow smoke at you and promise you if you work hard you'll grow. Some of the people asked borderline questions and seemed rude. Very bizarre. Interesting in reading glass door and seeing it, you can actually see some of the things said here come through in the interview process. Thanks glass door.

Interview Questions

• I think some of the people there are trying to throw you because the Senior people ask bizarre questions that border on illegal   Answer Question

Heard from others how they don't pay bonuses promised and about the politics plus base salary was lower than you can make at home depot.

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

Straight and to the point with many relevant questions to the role. Initial phone screen, second phone screen, and third interview of 2.5 hours with 4 different people. Overall pleasant interview process.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter/HR was very nice, and seemed to appreciate both my experience and communication with her. Second phone interview was the most horrible experience I've had. At one point the guy just didn't say anything for like 30 seconds, and I didn't either. I could hear him eating in the background for most of the interview.

Things didn't go well.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience and how it is relevant to this job.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bronto Software.

Interview

So bad as to seem almost surreal. The HR was completely, utterly unorganized. They "scheduled" an interview with a hiring manager and when I called on the set time and day, HR had screwed up the day and time...even though we had "confirmed" the day and time at the time of the first call. Then another three or four weeks go by before another is scheduled...and it happened AGAIN! Another few weeks go by and I finally get to talk with the hiring manager. That interview seemed moot because they'd already forgotten about me anyway and probably had another candidate in mind. The whole process took a month and a half...for 1 phone interview with HR and 1 with a hiring manager...6 weeks...for two 15 minute phone calls. No offer...thank heavens.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard stuff...they didn't care...I was one of a hundred.   Answer Question