Brooksource Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan Hasbrook

Pros
Cons
  • The staffing business has its ups and downs (in 17 reviews)

• The staffing industry isn't for everyone (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working with Enterprise Clients, Making Money and Having Fun While You Do It."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my third job since graduating college. I worked for a small company as a sales manager and a global provider of payroll solutions. Brooksource is a great because it combines the small, tight knit culture that is impossible to find in a large company, with the success and enterprise-level clients and the earnings potential that comes with providing those accounts with solutions.

I've been through 4 different corporate training environments, 2 of them being with brooksource. You receive tailored training with one on one role plays, group practice and awesome knowledge transfer from some of our best reps, directors and upper management, prior to your first day in the field.

One of the best things in my opinion is the accessibility of every single person in our organization. You are able to reach out to and learn from a variety of resources within our company such as top recruiters and account executives, vertical and national account managers, directors, c level executives and the founder of the company. They're more than willing to make sure you have everything you need to succeed.

I get to call on, work with and build out teams for Fortune 500 companies at the age of 25. I get an expense account to entertain clients and further the relationships. The best part about working in staffing is that you are not selling a physical product one time, then dealing with all of the maintenance that comes with that product. If you're successful you will have repeat business and you'll have a great time reselling those managers and accounts.

When you win, you win big.

Cons

Brooksource is not for the lazy, you have to put in a lot of work. You have to stay later than your colleagues and competitors but it pays off in the end.

There are several uncontrollables in staffing. You're working with people instead of a product. Over time you learn how to prevent some of these from happening. Every sales job has its ups and downs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, this is a great organization with great people and a lot of opportunity for success.

2. "Professional Recruiter"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Amazing culture. Been in Chicago for 3 years and these people have become my second family. You end up not only spending your work days together but spending your weekends and week nights with each other. Close knit group.

-Huge potential for growth. I've hit 3 promotions over 3 years. Base salary has increased each time with commission percentages increase each time as well. A LOT of potential to make a lot of money.

-Great Leaders. Chicago has two of the best in the business. They align you with where you want to be and truly make this a stepping stone into a long-term career opportunity not a quick place holder.

Cons

-Staffing is lucrative. Lots of ups and downs but comes with being in a heavy sales role. People are our product. It's hard to have a lot of control in an industry like this.

-Recruiting/Staffing industry can get a bit of a bad rep.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. As we get bigger let's keep this awesome culture with it.

3. "Rapid Growth & Opportunity"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brooksource provides you the opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a very challenging, yet rewarding industry. What's even better is you get the chance to work with like minded individuals who are there to push as well as support you along the way. If you enjoy having the utmost autonomy in your role and have the ability to introduce creative solutions - Brooksource would an ideal workplace to build your career. We also recently moved into our beautiful new office overlooking the new Milwaukee Bucks arena - Old World 3rd Street is rich in Milwaukee history and provides a great restaurant scene for office outings!

Cons

Individuals who have a hard time seeing past what's directly in front of them tend to struggle in this industry. Success will come - but, only through consistent activity and effort.

Advice to Management

Let's keep pushing forward!

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company culture and introduction into IT world. Great benefits and PTO.

Cons

Laughable starting salary and commission structure that does not increase with success.

Advice to Management

Focus on building an enterprise company and not a Frat house.

6. "It takes Grit, Grind and Patience"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is an immense amount of growth opportunity. You learn so many invaluable skills in your first few years that you can apply outside of work (listening to others no matter where they come from, being patient and being level-headed) The culture is awesome. Managers appreciate the value you bring to the table and achievements, no matter how small, don't go unnoticed.

Cons

Many people look at staffing as a stepping stone. This isn't your typical 9-5, the best times to reach people are before or after work hours so you can find yourself working long days; however, what you put in is what you get out. It isn't for everyone and staffing has its highs and lows. The good thing about that is we work with very like-minded individuals that have been there to hear you out and can relate to you when you're going through a rough patch. Most important thing is to consistently have a positive attitude and don't be afraid to talk to the more tenured employees. We have all been there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome motivation and make sure to take time to sit down with both sales and recruiting teams.

7. "Tons of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow as a leader! Entrepreneurial feeling. Able to grow quickly. Top notch territories for sales. Great leaders to learn from.

Cons

hypergrowth growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in technology.

8. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Culture. Brooksource has built a culture that encourages and embraces you to be yourself no matter what role you're in.
    2. Leadership. The leadership and your peers are top notch. I've heard that you are the average of the 5 people you hang out with the most and you are constantly surrounded by people that will push you to your limits and help/teach you if you fall short.
    3.Freedom. If you want to do something innovative or creative (as long as it makes business sense) you are free to do pretty much anything you want.
    4. Training. The training that Brooksource provides for both recruiting and sales is the one of the biggest reasons why i joined. Like most people do, i came in with no recruiting or sales experience and over the course of a year and some change i feel very confident and have excelled in both areas.
    5. Community. We have an event at least twice a year to give back to the community in some way shape or form. Grow wihtinin the company for a few years and they will send you to Mexico to build a house with your peers for a family in need. Epic.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but more of just general advice. Everyone here works their @$$ off. If you are the type of person that wants to work 40 hours and collect a paycheck while they pursue their real passion on the side... i wouldn't recommend working here. We like to have fun everyday, however we all take our work very seriously. Everyone understands that the person across or beside them is building their career.

Another word of advice. This job is hard. Sometimes you have to put in long hours to produce the perfect candidate or to get meetings on the calendar. Just like any other job, there are awesome days and days that suck. Personally i would say that its been a 85% awesome days and 15% days that I needed a drink after.

All in all, this company is awesome. Yeah some of the work is tough, but if you're willing to grind you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't have asked for a better place to work.

9. "Unmatched culture and opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Get to work with your best friends everyday
    - Autonomy, but managers give you support and make sure you're doing everything possible to do well
    - Opportunity to grow and succeed quickly
    - Competitive without being hostile
    - Possible to succeed and still have a work/life balance

Cons

Staffing itself is a tough industry, so everyone will go through lows sometimes and you have to be able to brush it off. That is more a con of the industry, less of Brooksource. Everyone I work with at Brooksource has been through those highs and lows, so you have a large amount of support to get through those types of things.

10. "It's not a job, it's a family."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GREAT culture
    Continuous training and support
    Fun/ challenging environment
    Team atmosphere

Cons

None, you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. :)

11. "Truly lucked out right out of college w/ Brooksource"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Opportunity for growth is insane. From day one they want to know your goals and do everything they can to help you achieve those. Everyone starts out as a Recruiter, but from there you build your own path.
    -Compensation is uncapped. Unlike most recruiting agencies. Sure, the base isn't gonna allow me to buy designer hand bags every month, but commission structure is uncanny.
    -When I first graduated I was concerned about going straight into a full-time role. I wasn't used to having to commit over 40 hours to anything, even school. It was such an easy transition. Obviously some days I'm sleepy or have things going on outside of work that distract me, but I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day.
    -The people are incredible. Being surrounded by a ton of people my age who are crushing it on the daily is very motivating. I hate the cliche "work hard, play hard" but I've never seen it more truly.

Cons

-I hate when people have 10 pro's and no con's, so I have to include at least one. Only con to me is the base starting out. However, making commission right out of the gates makes up for that.

Advice to Management

Continue making advancements and listening to your people. It's working.