Brooksource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Ryan Hasbrook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Opportunity for growth is insane" (in 21 reviews)

• "Company's motto is Work hard play hard, extremely fun company to work for" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There can be ups and downs in business and the emotional rollercoaster had me a little exhausted" (in 21 reviews)

• "Challenges of the staffing industry" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Brooksource for 2 years now and I joined after graduation. I did work at other companies throughout college (both Fortune 500 and smaller) and feel like I am able to make a good comparison. I chose Brooksource simply because of the Minneapolis Market Director. I truly didn't care if they were selling vacuums or IT Staffing, I just wanted to be a part of what he was building. To this day - the reason I chose the job is still the same and more. Brooksource is a growing company and allows individuals to be challenged at an early age. Yes - Brooksource is an IT Staffing company and there are plenty of opinions on that. There are a million of competitors, a lot of negative connotation towards staffing and there can be high turnover. I look at this as a challenge and something Brooksource lets every person embrace. It doesn't matter where you are or what you do, there will always be something you don't like, or people don't agree with. This company allows you to be challenge the status quo of “staffing” and challenges me more than I can ever thank them for. No one can predict where they will be 5-10 years ahead, but I can promise you that Brooksource has allowed me to grow rapidly as young professional and taught me how to “fail” and that is something I don’t think all companies embrace. If you are someone who wants to learn a lot and be challenged, Brooksource is an option for you I would explore. The last thing I will add is how impressive the Brooksource leadership team is. Whether it be the market director, regional director, VP or President, they all make time to help and talk with you. My first ever conversation (outside of Minneapolis) was with the Brooksource VP of sales. I will confidently say that there is not a better leadership team out there who truly puts their people ahead of themselves.

Cons

There are always going to be cons at any company you are a part of. The biggest con (which is also a pro in my eyes) is the challenge of IT Staffing. As I mentioned in the pros, there are a million competitors, plenty of negative outlooks and people who don't view the industry as a great one. Brooksource is here to change that and if you are up for that challenge - it’s a fantastic way to try. This job also isn’t an 8-5 job. To some, they may view this as a con. To me, its an opportunity that is given by Brooksource to work your tail off and set your career up for success early on in your career. There will be plenty of times that we celebrate our success’s but keep in mind – we are a sales company and if you aren’t working to better yourself and the company, someone else will be. Take as you will – but the challenge that presents is what keeps me waking up in the morning.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower, continue to challenge and continue to allow each market/division/employee change the status quo.

2. "Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This job has put me in a position to find my own personal and professional success. My closest friends moving to Nashville are the people in this office. This company places so much emphasis on bringing our core values to such a individual level, that it really does provide an environment that makes you excited about coming into work. In sales, you definitely have more of that entrepreneurial feel because you really are able to create your own business. Very little micromanaging and the company has sales tools they've invested in to really help you perfect your craft.

With this being my 5th year with the company, I have friends from college that are on their 2nd or 3rd job and asking if Brooksource is hiring. It's growing and there are tons of opportunity. Still feels like the ground floor.

Cons

No real cons. Other than the industry may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and investing in your people.

3. "Recruiter"

Pros

The company culture here is phenomenal, you'll most likely never find anything like it. There is a ton of room for growth within the organization

Cons

Everyone has to start at the bottom of the totem pole in order to progress through the company. (i.e. salary is pretty low)

4. "Brooksource Invests In Their Employees"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Excellent company culture
    -Company that truly cares about their employees goals and will provide the
      resources necessary to get you there
    -Celebrates successes
    -World class training programs

Cons

- Challenges of the staffing industry

5. "Family & Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since working with Brooksource, I have found a family of co-workers who encourage me to reach my full potential while taking advantage of the career opportunities provided by our organization. I was able to get promoted after being with the company for less than a year and I know that there are limitless paths I can take from here. These paths are made possible (and enjoyable!) to take because of the wonderful people I work with who motivate me to be my best everyday.

Cons

None that I can think of :)

6. "Company that invests in you!"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Support from Leadership
    -Positive Morale in a tough industry
    -Uncapped commission

Cons

-Highs and lows of staffing industry

7. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A TON of opportunity for advancement: management really trusts in their training and employees who have graduated in the last ~3 years have the opportunity to rapidly advance. This is the place to be for hard workers, you get out what you put in! The core values are at the center of everything Brooksource does.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Personal Highs Every Year"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Brooksource has been an unbelievable experience, in every sense of the phrase. Truly no other work experience that I've had has been as much of a grind, yet as immensely satisfying while working.

Good things come to those who wait, and with the right mindset/attitude and work ethic, the senior management will bend over backwards to help you reach your goals. It is a grind, but the company metrics and support make it virtually impossible to not be successful, so long as you're willing to put in the work upfront.

Success doesn't come easy here, but when it does, hold on!

Cons

Only con I can think of is that it takes someone with Grit to work here; immediate success isn't a thing. You have to be committed to the long term growth of your business (and more importantly yourself) in order to reap the rewards.

That being said, putting in the work on the front end, and with a little luck, and you'll be out-earning your graduation mates within 3 years.

Advice to Management

Please keep growing the "next level" roles past the base roles - there'll be a lot of hungry successors looking to grow upwards and seeking more opportunity soon!

9. "Brooksource cares!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brooksource was my first job out of college and I just hit my 3-year mark. These past 3 years have been beyond rewarding. The biggest Pro about being a part of the Brooksource team has been the opportunity I've been given. Brooksource is continuously growing and with that growth comes the opportunity to adapt into new roles and contribute ideas to help separate ourselves from our competition. At Brooksource, I've always felt that my ideas are heard and that the leaders around me care not only about my personal well-being, but my teammates as well.

Cons

I think multiple of my colleagues would agree that the biggest Con wouldn't necessarily be a characteristic of Brooksource, but more so one of the IT Staffing industry. This industry is filled with multiple competitors, so you always have to be prepared for the ups and downs. At the end of the day though, it's the competitive energy of our office that keeps all of us going!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to each employee's ideas as we grow organically. We are continuously setting the bar high and I think it's important for our voices to be heard as we positively disrupt this staffing industry!

10. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is absolutely amazing. I feel pushed to be my best professional self, while being surrounded by coworkers all working towards the same goal.
    The people in the office are such a light to be around and are extremely helpful to one another. I couldn't imagine a better place to begin my career.

Cons

Sitting at a desk all day long (but you are free to walk around, stand and go to lunch)