Brooksource Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Ryan Hasbrook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The staffing industry itself has it's ups and downs (in 19 reviews)

• The staffing industry isn't for everyone (in 19 reviews)

1. "Young, Innovative, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of stability and room for upward mobility. Leadership opportunities are presented at a young age.
    - Earning potential is high after you get you get settled.
    - The company invests in it's employees very well. Instead of hiring tons of people, the President has invested in new technologies and strategies to make our people the best in the industry.

Cons

- The staffing industry itself has it's ups and downs.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting positive growth in the employees. There is a strong pipeline of young leadership that's directly correlated to this investment.

2. "Engineer on Contract"

Current Employee - Senior/Lead Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior/Lead Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have contacts into bigger companies to get you a job.

Cons

Brooksource is a typical contracting body shop. My experience with this has been to have the account rep and recruiter mis-represent the position, onerous contract terms that I needed to push back on and poor communication . They add a 35% markup to the rate they charge the client while adding negative value to the relationship with the client. I've also had two reps act un-professionally and be borderline abusive in e-mails. As someone who has worked with a number of firms this one is hands down the worst one I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Actually hire some people with experience. Be more transparent with your rate structure and stop gouging both on the rates.

"Life of a Technical Recuiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fun Company
    -Room for Growth
    -Gain Technical Aptitude
    -Learn and become a market expert

Cons

-Weak pay structure
    -disconnect between markets

"Technicial Recruiter"

I worked at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Good transition after college.

Cons

Not a company with professional leaders. Many leaders are in it for themselves and not the overall success of their market. When morales need boosted, parties and alcohol are the "quick fix", yet the problem is never actually solved or even recognized. Culture is designed to be fun and open with great work/life balance, however the culture is dramatic and gossipy. Would not recommend to anyone who wants to stay with their company long term...This is definitely not a company for everyone, I saw a lot of turnover during my short time here. Reports were sent over to entire offices on co-workers activity, sometimes highlighting names of those who were "suffering". In office competitions against co-workers, who are supposed to be teammates, for petty office items that all should be provided with (taken seriously by manger). Keep in mind, every market is different, with different leadership styles.

Advice to Management

Act professional. This company would operate much better with appropriate leaders who want to manage a company growing company. Recognize all success levels of every individual. Check-in on all markets once in awhile.

5. "great entry level role"

Pros

company culture was great, work hard, play hard mentality

Cons

compensation plan could use some work.

6. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working here since I graduated college 4 years ago and I couldn't have asked for a better place to work. The people I work with are awesome and the culture is great. It is a very collaborative environment and everyone is working towards one collective goal. It's a pretty great feeling growing with a company that has people who come from all different backgrounds and for the most part are all recent graduates. I would highly recommend Brooksource for anyone looking for a sales or recruiting role

Cons

The communication and messaging about the future state of the company could be better, but its not horrible.

7. "Management"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Tons of upward mobility with unlimited potential for promotion. Really does embrace a family oriented yet forward thinking mindset. Innovators in the Industry

Cons

The industry isn't for everyone, extremely challenging for some.

Advice to Management

The future is bright

8. "It's not just a job, it's a family..."

Current Employee - Professional Technical Recruiter in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Professional Technical Recruiter in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brooksource was my first job out of college and over the last 3 years I've really seen that the pros truly outweigh the cons within Brooksource. The opportunities for growth and success within this company are endless. I came into this industry knowing nothing and have learned so much in the last 3 years. Brooksource has a top notch recruiter/sales training program and they make sure you are 100% ready for you first day. They also have yearly conferences to continue our education on the ever-changing recruiting process. Everyone within this company is willing to help each other, and will go out of their way to provide you with the resources to succeed. While job searching in college, I never thought I would find a culture like the one Brooksource has. It's the kind of environment that pushes you to your highest potential, and the kind that welcomes you like family. It's truly one of a kind. Brooksource is an incredible place to work , and I truly am lucky to be apart of this strong, dedicated team.

Cons

The staffing industry is not for the weak. It will take you out of your comfort zone and test you in every way possible. Working with the human factor means there are sudden changes; whether they be positive or negative. That means you have to work 10x harder than you ever thought you would. It may take some time to acquire the success you want, but if you show persistence and passion for what you are doing, success will come tenfold. The power is truly in your hands, so being dedicated to the mission of Brooksource is important.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You are constantly blowing my mind with how much you all invest in each Brooksource employee.

"Deployment Engineer"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Found me employment in my field of expertise

Cons

No sick time, or Vacation

10. "Contractor"

Current Employee - Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Contractor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Brooksource (More than a year)

Pros

Being a contractor allows me more time off than I would get as a first year employee.

Cons

Although it's as if I get 4 weeks of vacation, I don't get paid time off.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to give 2 floater holidays on top of the 6 paid days off.