Brooksource Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

4.2
Brooksource CEO Ryan Hasbrook (no image)
Ryan Hasbrook
Pros
  • "The culture/environment is second to none and the opportunity for growth is there from day one(in 25 reviews)

• "Really great people, nice way to get into the industry(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Staffing industry is challenging(in 31 reviews)

• "The general difficulties of staffing and the ups and downs that come with it(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Will Never Work Anywhere Else!

Jun 11, 2020 - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is amazing! The company preaches culture and it is really true. Very easy to make friends in and out of the office. Everyone is very smart, sharp, hard working, etc. Very impressive group of people as well as leaders! Lifelong place to build a career. Very different than other staffing companies!

Cons

Honestly couldn't think of any. If you are hard working and have a good attitude, you will be successful!

2 people found this review helpful

Customer Service

We are so happy to hear about your amazing experience with the Eight Eleven Group! Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with us. Company culture is everything to us and we’re glad you’re having a great experience. We truly value your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a note!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Upcoming associate account executive working with companies on placing the right candidates into the right jobs

Apr 26, 2021 - Associate Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone’s easy to talk to & truly cares about everyone’s success

Cons

They work you like a sled dog

Customer Service

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with Brooksource. Thank you for sharing with us your satisfaction with the role along with some honest feedback!

3. 5.0

Positive, Supportive, and Challenging Environment

Mar 1, 2021 - Account Executive in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support structure is incredible. Regardless of what role you're in, you have 2 - 3 people to go to for advice and questions. The people. Some of my co-workers have become my best friends and are there to celebrate my wins while supporting me through the tough days. The office, and majority of the people, are so positive. There's a lot of growth and growing up you have to do in your first, or second, job out of school. It's important that you find a fun and positive environment to do that in. Brooksource provides all of that. Upper management listens to my challenges and concerns. Being heard is important and that's how we stay innovative as an organization. My boss truly believes in a quality of quantity mentality. That's huge in this industry.

Cons

Depending on what role you pursue, you will have to budget your first 6 - 12+ months. The base is lower than a lot of the competitors, but if you go all in on them they go all in on you. It's quality over quantity. And if you can be patient, and continue to work hard, the uncapped commissions are great.

Customer Service

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We so appreciate the time you took to share your honest thoughts and opinions. We're happy to hear about your positive experience and grateful for the feedback. Happy to have you as part of our team!

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Technical Recruiter for more than a year

May 3, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of young people, party culture if you're into that.

Cons

Long hours, KPI's, daily 8am meetings, classic staffing issues

Customer Service

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we're always happy to hear from our employees and we are always looking for feedback, positive and negative. While this industry is difficult, we do our best to create a positive environment for all of our employees. If you'd like to discuss any of these things internally, we encourage you to reach out to your MD!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Apr 14, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, fast paced, welcoming, great skills

Cons

Long hours, tedious work, slow days and fast days

Customer Service

We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with Brooksource. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

6. 5.0

Great company

Apr 13, 2021 - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunity and culture is a massive bonus

Cons

Pay is very low if you’re selling a cold account

Customer Service

We are so happy to hear about your experience with Brooksource. We’re glad you’ve been able to experience firsthand the positive environment we strive to foster in our workplace. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay Clear

Apr 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

None- literally nothing. This place needs a makeover.

Cons

This is hands down the worst place to work for -- ever. If you're a person of color, you'll receive little to know respect. If you ever run into an issue with a white co-worker, the staff always sided with the white employee no matter how rude or obnoxious the person is much less give you any credit for your work. Not only this, the staff is entirely quicker to fire POC while others are rewarded for disrespect towards people of color and people with disabilities. There is 0 accountability, unless you are a POC. The company find loopholes for this behavior and takes advantage of people who don't know their rights.

4 people found this review helpful

Customer Service

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience in this review. We are always looking for feedback, positive and negative, because we know there are always things we can improve on as a company. That being said, we do want to address some of these concerns. We do not know what your role was with the company, but regardless of whether or not you were a consultant or an employee, we strive to create an environment for both consultants and employees that is positive, welcoming, and safe for people of all backgrounds. We apologize that this was not your experience. As a company, we value diversity and inclusion and we are making serious efforts every day to prioritize this and ensure that we are creating a safe space for all. One of the ways that we have been doing that is through employing our new Director of Diversity and Alumni Engagement, who is working extremely hard to address the importance of inclusion in the workplace through new initiatives and company-wide diversity workshops. The work that we are doing does not stop there, but this is a small glimpse of the efforts we are making to ensure that all people feel respected, included, and treated equally. If you would like to take the opportunity to discuss your experience further, we invite you to please reach out to us at success@eightelevengroup.com so that we can ensure that we are addressing these issues properly.

8. 4.0

Contact Tracer

Apr 27, 2021 - Covid-19 Contact Tracer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work environment - Great people - Able to work remote

Cons

- I don't really have any Cons

Customer Service

We so appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your positive experience. Offering an unmatched experience is a top priority for us, so we really appreciate the feedback! Please always feel free to get in touch with us whenever you may need to. Thank you!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start a career

Apr 25, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Core values and Culture Office environments are very inviting.

Cons

Lack of Accountability Salary based heavily on commissions and fluctuates frequently

Customer Service

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We appreciate your honest thoughts and positive review!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't be fooled

Nov 19, 2020 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brooksource/Eight Eleven Group is filled with some very nice and smart individuals. They like to have fun, love to party, and throw some killer parties.

Cons

Favoritism is at the front of your success. They cut corners with clients and with their own other divisions looking for income avenues and only celebrate you if you are assigned to an account that is producing company income. SKILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, if you are popular and you are liked by your lead, you are put in a position to make money. If not, get used to being on your own. They have NO sense of work life balance, everything you do out of work is discussed in work and you do not have a personal life. Weekends are filled with company events or team outings, and you are scrutinized for not participating if you aren't interested in all the extras. Their core value of 'Family' only exists to those who have toughed out the industry for more than 3 yrs. and have been successful. Other than that, you are treated like an inept child rather than a colleague.

5 people found this review helpful

Customer Service

Hello! First, we want to thank you for leaving some honest feedback. We are always looking for ways to grow and improve, and we know that there will always be things we can do to improve our culture and our way of life as a company, a team, and a family. As you mentioned, family is one of our core values and it is not one that we take lightly. This core value is something we prioritize and it has great meaning to us. To us, family means that we grow together personally and professionally. We are invested in each other’s lives, we celebrate each other's personal and professional successes, and while we work hard together, we also like to have fun with one another. We apologize that you weren't in an environment where you felt that core value of family extended to you. While we know that this industry is tough and certainly isn't for everyone, this year has proved to be one of the most difficult for all of us. With it being our first time navigating a pandemic, we have done our best to allow flexible work and the prioritization of the health and wellness of all our employees. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you about your experience further, should you wish to share. We are always looking for ways to help build an unparalleled experience for contractors and clients, but also for our employees as well. If you would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail, please reach out to us at success@eightelevengroup.com. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 350 Reviews