Brooksource Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Ryan Hasbrook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The staffing industry itself has it's ups and downs (in 19 reviews)

• The staffing industry isn't for everyone (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Brooksource for 2 years now and I joined after graduation. I did work at other companies throughout college (both Fortune 500 and smaller) and feel like I am able to make a good comparison. I chose Brooksource simply because of the Minneapolis Market Director. I truly didn't care if they were selling vacuums or IT Staffing, I just wanted to be a part of what he was building. To this day - the reason I chose the job is still the same and more. Brooksource is a growing company and allows individuals to be challenged at an early age. Yes - Brooksource is an IT Staffing company and there are plenty of opinions on that. There are a million of competitors, a lot of negative connotation towards staffing and there can be high turnover. I look at this as a challenge and something Brooksource lets every person embrace. It doesn't matter where you are or what you do, there will always be something you don't like, or people don't agree with. This company allows you to be challenge the status quo of “staffing” and challenges me more than I can ever thank them for. No one can predict where they will be 5-10 years ahead, but I can promise you that Brooksource has allowed me to grow rapidly as young professional and taught me how to “fail” and that is something I don’t think all companies embrace. If you are someone who wants to learn a lot and be challenged, Brooksource is an option for you I would explore. The last thing I will add is how impressive the Brooksource leadership team is. Whether it be the market director, regional director, VP or President, they all make time to help and talk with you. My first ever conversation (outside of Minneapolis) was with the Brooksource VP of sales. I will confidently say that there is not a better leadership team out there who truly puts their people ahead of themselves.

Cons

There are always going to be cons at any company you are a part of. The biggest con (which is also a pro in my eyes) is the challenge of IT Staffing. As I mentioned in the pros, there are a million competitors, plenty of negative outlooks and people who don't view the industry as a great one. Brooksource is here to change that and if you are up for that challenge - it’s a fantastic way to try. This job also isn’t an 8-5 job. To some, they may view this as a con. To me, its an opportunity that is given by Brooksource to work your tail off and set your career up for success early on in your career. There will be plenty of times that we celebrate our success’s but keep in mind – we are a sales company and if you aren’t working to better yourself and the company, someone else will be. Take as you will – but the challenge that presents is what keeps me waking up in the morning.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower, continue to challenge and continue to allow each market/division/employee change the status quo.

2. "Top place to work in Charlotte"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brooksource Charlotte has been nothing short of an amazing place to work. I have been supported as employee since my very first day and continually pushed to grow. During the past 3 years as an employee I have been able to hit several promotions and am always recognized for my hard work. Leadership does a great job recognizing high performing employees and nothing goes unnoticed. They instill a high level of trust in their young employees to take on responsibilities and leadership roles. Our culture is top notch and I truly look forward to seeing my coworkers every morning, so much so that I typically see them after hours and weekends too! There are great best practices in place to help you learn about recruiting, sales, and the IT industry as a whole. As long as you put in the effort you will always be supported to succeed.

Cons

Markets run very lean therefore this is not an 8-5 job.

3. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brooksource listens to their employees at each level and often implements their insight if it's worthwhile. In order to be successful here you must speak up for what you believe in and voice where you want to take your career. Having that opportunity early in your career is rare and makes you feel as if you are making a difference. This company promotes a hard work ethic and will celebrate any small victory. They are growing at an outstanding pace, opening new divisions or markets annually, and promoting young leaders into management roles. Charlotte is a diverse market that has all 3 divisions (Brooksource, Medasource, Calculated Hire) up and running with a strong business pipeline.

Cons

To outsiders and clients, the break up of divisions can be confusing due to the nature of how they have expanded. This is a test to each rep to be able to accurately and clearly elaborate on the organization's structure without losing credibility or confusing them.

4. "Growth & Opportunity"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Opportunity to impact and contribute from day 1.
    - Support from entire office: your success is the office's success.
    - Goal oriented: Regularly communicating/revisiting/working towards both individual and team goals.
    - Exposure to a variety of industries/tech stacks/solutions.
    - No ceiling for future earning potential & promotions.
    - Collaborative work environment.
    - Daily opportunity to think creatively and put ideas/solutions into action.

Cons

- Individuals who are looking for instant success will struggle in this industry. Although the average time from starting to "success" has decreased over time - every situation & individual is different.
    - Competitive industry - not the right fit for individuals who stray from competition.

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve and embrace change

5. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Great Environment, Great People, Lot's of Opportunity to advance

Cons

Low Base salary, High anxiety if you don;t see success right away

""Be the Best, Be Brooksource""

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager & Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came into Brooksource 2 weeks after I graduated from college in 2016. From the moment I accepted my offer, I knew that this company was different, and I knew that I was about to embark on a ride not many have the chance to climb aboard at age 22. Well to say the least, this company exceeded my expectations, I could not have anticipated the amazing 2 years of hard work, given opportunity, and fruitful reward that I would receive.

Brooksource - how are they different? it's just staffing isn't it? what makes Brooksource so great? Well take my word for it this company is different. I know the staffing industry - I have family and close friends who work for a lot of "big name" staffing companies in the Twin Cities and across the country. In 2 years alone, I was making more money, gaining more respect from consultants and managers in the industry, and moving my career path along faster than any one of my peers from college or previous experiences. That is what makes this company so different. They are about the experience they give to their internal employees and their customers. The internal programs for career and personal development, workshops for technical teaching/training, one on one mentor relationships; these are just some "headliners" of the programs, development, and opportunity you can create for yourself in this company. How do I know? Because I did it. At 6 months I was mentoring new recruiters and helping in training sessions. At 8 months in I got asked to create a brand new position for our Minneapolis office, to aide in managing our Fortune 6 account. By 12 months I had already had 2 promotions, and was beginning to pave my own career path of where this new position was going to take me and what I was going to create out of that. More satisfaction, more opportunity, and more drive is what I felt at the end of each day. It was not easy, and not every day was good. However those feelings were consistent. That is how Brooksource is different. They give you the tools to want to be better, and grow yourself in a way you may have never expected before. Customer experience and satisfaction, "no one does what you guys do." I heard this constantly from client management and consultants. The training/development programs, one on one mentorship and meetings, benefits as a whole; yeah, Brooksource offers that to consultants as well. How many firms do you know that do all of that combined?

In 2 years I have learned so much from Brooksource. I had to unfortunately depart at the start of this year due to some personal life events that took me out of the Twin Cities. It was one of the hardest decisions I have had to make, but I am thankful. I am thankful Brooksource helped me get to where I am today. I am thankful for Brooksource taking a chance on me upon graduation and allowing me to accelerate within the professional industry so quickly. This company will give you a lot, however I will say you will only get out what you put into it. If you can be disciplined, and be eager to work hard in a competitive industry, than you'll have more pros than anyone could write in a review.

Cons

It is pretty simple. If you only want an 8-5 job, and only want to do within your comfort zone - than this company is probably not for you.

Not a "Con" but a reality check.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust and believe in your employees. That is when this company is at it's best, and everyone excels on all cylinders.

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Absolutely fantastic culture. This is a massive family
    - Lots of guidance and opportunities for training, help & improvement
    - Ability to actually have your own voice heard in such a big company

Cons

I mean who doesn't want to be paid more, right?

Advice to Management

More technical training for recruiters - too much push to get good recruiters into sales

"Great place to start"

Current Employee - Associate Applications Engineer
    Current Employee - Associate Applications Engineer

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a recent graduate and they helped place me in a great company that will transition to a career with that company. They are very helpful and provide great support!

Cons

Not really many complaints. They do offer just the basic benefits in most cases but other than that i can't really say much negative.

9. "Willing to let you grow"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Started as a recruiter and moved into a new role. You are able to write your own job description. Once you have proven yourself in your role, management is willing to listen to your creative ideas of how you feel you would better fit in the company and ways to get you there.

Cons

The business lends itself to unpredictability. You are dealing with people and not products, so not having complete control is sometimes difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people who are tenured in the company.

"High Turnover"

I worked at Brooksource full-time

Pros

-Good culture, great people
    -Decent first job out of college

Cons

-Majority of the "successful individuals" mean well but it's more about the rich getting richer rather than building the new employees up.
    -Promise/advertise more commission in year one then you should expect.
    -Hire you for "sales" but most offices have some arbitrary status you need to hit to go into sales, but I know of some offices who fast track people.
    -Other Recruiting jobs can have a base of$50,000 a year plus commission, Brooksource tries to get around that by claiming "uncapped commissions" but in reality just to get to that number from your 30-35k base takes over a year or more.

Advice to Management

-Could have changed since 2016, but the CEO kind of acts inappropriate at new hire outings. While I didn't have a problem, I know some people were uncomfortable.