Brooksource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Ryan Hasbrook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Opportunity for growth is insane" (in 21 reviews)

• "Company's motto is Work hard play hard, extremely fun company to work for" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There can be ups and downs in business and the emotional rollercoaster had me a little exhausted" (in 20 reviews)

• "The reason I left is just unfortunately the IT Staffing industry just wasn’t for me" (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Brooksource for 2 years now and I joined after graduation. I did work at other companies throughout college (both Fortune 500 and smaller) and feel like I am able to make a good comparison. I chose Brooksource simply because of the Minneapolis Market Director. I truly didn't care if they were selling vacuums or IT Staffing, I just wanted to be a part of what he was building. To this day - the reason I chose the job is still the same and more. Brooksource is a growing company and allows individuals to be challenged at an early age. Yes - Brooksource is an IT Staffing company and there are plenty of opinions on that. There are a million of competitors, a lot of negative connotation towards staffing and there can be high turnover. I look at this as a challenge and something Brooksource lets every person embrace. It doesn't matter where you are or what you do, there will always be something you don't like, or people don't agree with. This company allows you to be challenge the status quo of “staffing” and challenges me more than I can ever thank them for. No one can predict where they will be 5-10 years ahead, but I can promise you that Brooksource has allowed me to grow rapidly as young professional and taught me how to “fail” and that is something I don’t think all companies embrace. If you are someone who wants to learn a lot and be challenged, Brooksource is an option for you I would explore. The last thing I will add is how impressive the Brooksource leadership team is. Whether it be the market director, regional director, VP or President, they all make time to help and talk with you. My first ever conversation (outside of Minneapolis) was with the Brooksource VP of sales. I will confidently say that there is not a better leadership team out there who truly puts their people ahead of themselves.

Cons

There are always going to be cons at any company you are a part of. The biggest con (which is also a pro in my eyes) is the challenge of IT Staffing. As I mentioned in the pros, there are a million competitors, plenty of negative outlooks and people who don't view the industry as a great one. Brooksource is here to change that and if you are up for that challenge - it’s a fantastic way to try. This job also isn’t an 8-5 job. To some, they may view this as a con. To me, its an opportunity that is given by Brooksource to work your tail off and set your career up for success early on in your career. There will be plenty of times that we celebrate our success’s but keep in mind – we are a sales company and if you aren’t working to better yourself and the company, someone else will be. Take as you will – but the challenge that presents is what keeps me waking up in the morning.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower, continue to challenge and continue to allow each market/division/employee change the status quo.

2. "Make an Impact!"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to make an impact immediately and assert your thoughts and ideas and have them heard at the highest levels of the enterprise. Very flat organziational structure that creates a very familial environment. Earning potential is fantastic however the ability to be given a lot of responsibilities and allowed the creativity to do something your own way is paramount. Failure is viewed as a way to grow and succeed which is hard to find in a lot of organizations. Some of the greatest young minds i have ever been around

Cons

Brooksource is a time committment. You have to be invested in the vision and long term goal. It is a career not a job.

3. "Technical Recruiter"

I worked at Brooksource full-time

Pros

There is a fair amount of employee engagement events such as happy hours and office outings.

Cons

Everything revolves around KPIs. Even if you've met your KPIs for the day or week and you have accomplished everything you need to, you will not be allowed to leave early. You will feel like a work horse and just another number to the company.
    At times, Brooksource feels like greek life. Its all about how you look and how your party after hours.

4. "Technical Recruiter"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Ability for Quick Promotion & Growth

Strong Commission Structure

Cons

Immature Management Structure

No real cohesiveness or organization

Really young company which comes along with occasional unprofessional behavior

Advice to Management

Wait longer to promote individuals into management roles instead of forcing them into roles they are not ready for and jeopardizing structure and culture

5. "Tech Specialist"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent. It was a contract to hire position so I got hired on with the company I was contracting for.

Cons

As a contractor you didn't get any PTO time or any vacation days.

6. "Technical Recruiter"

I worked at Brooksource full-time

Pros

The best place ever to work! The culture is amazing and everyone is super supportive of one another. There is always room to grow and move up within the company and the hire-ups make that known, and help you with your journey. I LOVE BROOKSOURCE.

Cons

There are zero cons working at Brooksource!

7. "Contract Position"

I worked at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Very professional.
    Smooth interview process
    Quick to respond
    Keep you engaged

Cons

Benefits are no good.
    No PTO

8. "Great place to work, thankful to be here"

Current Employee - Account Executive in North Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in North Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Unbelievable amount of opportunity to quickly progress career
    -Pay structure allows for you to be compensated extremely well if successful
    -The culture of the company couldn't be more desirable in my opinion, great people who love the company at all levels of the org. People are very serious about the work they do, but don't take themselves too seriously and love to have fun.
    -The impact you can make in this company can be so immediate and lines of communication from leadership to the newest employees are always open

Cons

-Negative stigmas of the industry can seem like a negative from the outside, but people inside Brooksource realize how far from those stigmas this company is

Advice to Management

Preserve the culture at all costs, it's what makes the company and don't lose sight of that. Don't let growth and expansion due to successes get in the way of keeping what makes us great.

9. "Endless Opportunities"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Brooksource full-time

Pros

- Great work culture
    - Growth Opportunity

Cons

- If you're not cut out for a fast-paced, long hour, success driven environment do not bother applying

Advice to Management

-Be more strategic in promoting individuals.

10. "Sr. Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is phenomenal, if you're looking for a job where every day is different and all of your coworkers are driven to progress their careers, then this is the place for you. Working at a company that is growing so quickly year after year, provides every employee with countless opportunities to achieve your long-term goals in a surprisingly short amount of time. I can speak specifically to the Denver office which is filled with people who will challenge you every day and quickly become great friends.

Cons

Low pay and sub par benefits can be tough to live off of in your first year, but once you establish yourself that struggle is quickly nullified by a flood of commission. It's also important to keep in mind that every Brooksource office is going to have a different dynamic. While the Denver office is high energy and full of close friends, some offices are much more serious and competitive, this is important to dig on in an interview situation to make sure you're going to enjoy the environment.

Advice to Management

I would encourage improving our current benefits structure, as we grow this will become more critical to attract top talent. Aside from that, it'll be tough to find a smarter, more driven group of executives who truly care about each employee in the company. Great work everyone!