CB2 Reviews | Glassdoor

Neela Montgomery

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wow!"

I have been working at CB2 part-time

Pros

Pretty Products to work with

Cons

Standing for extended periods of time

Advice to Management

none

2. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at CB2 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule , positive environment

Cons

Little pay and benefits

Advice to Management

Provide more support to staff in regards to career opportunities.

3. "They used to be good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CB2 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You can make some great friends there. They are what keep you sane.

Cons

Clear favoritism among staff. Poor upper management. Lack of support from corporate. Too much stress on stores. New staff and management are under trained. Lack of accountability, problems are always being handed off to someone else or just being ignored. All the good workers seem to pick up the slack and driven to ground and never truly appreciated for what they can do because they don't suck up like those getting promoted.

Advice to Management

You lose more money than you think trying to keep customers happy. It's not always about the customer being right because a lot of times they aren't. The staff are considered pushovers because the company tries so hard to be accommodating. There is so much turnover in the stores, half the knowledge of the systems and policies are lost. Staff isn't getting enough train to know how to do things for themselves. Sales people dump problems onto the managers and the managers into customer service.

4. "A violent and tumultuous love affair. Beware!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at CB2 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing decor & furniture. Awesome staff. Great benefits. Sick leave and vacation time. Excellent discount

Cons

Horrible pay- if only you could actually afford the stuff you sold. Unorganized senior management and operations. Juvenile atmosphere. Lack of support. HIGH employee turnover due to low pay, stressful work environment, and non empathetic senior management.

Advice to Management

Fight for increased pay as most of your competitors have already elevated to a better living wage. Acknowledge that your management staff wears multiple hats and does NOT get paid nearly enough. Your opening/night managers, operations manager, and visual manager shouldn’t have to have second jobs to support themselves. The only reason why this location is a “problem” store is because of continuous staff turnover, it’s forgotten about by corporate, and there is no organization pertaining to in-depth training .

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at CB2 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inspirational, trendy furniture
    Occasional down to earth customers

Cons

Everything else. Management is corrupted with narcissists who don't want you to excel and will go through any length to "break" you into the culture. If you don't mind being subject to daily passive aggressive attacks that will lower your self esteem so you never strive to get ahead in the company, work here. There is NO professional growth available to you here, don't believe the deception and friendly smiles. It's a trap. I crawled away with my soul in tact, but only after being publicly humiliated by management in front of customers and coworkers, a psychic breakdown and anxiety attack, and my last check being withheld in attempt to lure me back into this abusive workplace cycle. Dealing with snarky coworkers is one thing, but when all of management struggles with low self esteem and poor communication skills, it's best to just abort ship. Healthy people can not, will not, survive in this type of work environment. Consider yourself warned.

Advice to Management

Ha...won't waste my breath with advice. But thank you for providing me with the opportunity to take notes on all of the major red flags to look out for in a job search. I'm really only writing this review to warn genuine, hardworking people who strive to invest in themselves and seek opportunities to be a greater version of themselves-- the ones who genuinely would like to invest in and grow with the company they're working for-- the ones who don't envision a future of working a minimum wage job for the rest of their lives. If you just need a check to get you through a tough time, by all means. Just remember your rights, keep them in check, and you'll be fine.

CB2 Response

Jul 30, 2018 – Recruiter

​Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experiences. We welcome an opportunity to discuss your experiences with you. Please contact our corporate offices at 847-272-2888 and ask to speak to a... More

6. "Good work environment"

I worked at CB2 part-time

Pros

The people were all nice.

Cons

Pay was not good, bordering on terrible.

7. "Overall good place to work"

I have been working at CB2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Store manager cares about work/life balance. Coworkers are generally pleasant.

Cons

Base pay is very low. Profit sharing commission is great when it's great. You can expect to make competitive for retail money if your store is doing well.

8. "Night Manager"

Current Employee - Night Manager in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Night Manager in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at CB2 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment in terms of the coworkers.

Cons

Pay is terrible, especially for all the job responsibilities. They do not promote internally. The job you start with usually only has one advancement opportunity.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, look at your competitors. Promote your loyal deserving employees!

9. "Worked at CB2 for 5 months"

I worked at CB2 part-time

Pros

- products are nice
    - coworkers are usually young nice people to be around
    - Nothing too complicated about doing the job

Cons

Expect to be standing all day long and bored when the store isn't on rush days/hours. The same music playlist will be looping forever as a small type of torture (I still hear the same music when I go back to say hi to ex coworkers, after 1 year out of there) and you get paid nothing! Might be ok if you just want some extra money, but don't rely on this job to pay your bills. The commission is shared at the end of the day (your rate will be something around $11/hour) AND they only consider the money that was made during your shift (that means: if you leave and one hour later the biggest sale of the day happens, you're not included in that shared commission)

10. "Great co-workers, low pay."

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I have been working at CB2 part-time

Pros

- Employee discount (but does my include furniture until 90 days after starting)
    - Great coworkers who are fun and friendly
    - Beautiful products and environment

Cons

- Seasonal employees don't get commission
    - Compensation is barely over minimum wage

Advice to Management

Be more generous to your employees. They are the face of your company.