CEVA Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

CEVA Logistics CEO Xavier Urbain
Xavier Urbain

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Seemed to be revolving door for upper management (in 31 reviews)

• Working long hours, anywhere from 8-16 hours a day, couldn't leave until everything was done (in 23 reviews)

1. "Great place to work, with potential to be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about working at CEVA are the opportunities for advancement and cross training. There are always projects to be completed, allowing corporate employees the chance to work with many different functions of the organization.

Cons

Management is very "old school" in many of their policies and procedures. I see brown-nosing and "tattle-telling" being rewarded regularly. It's a strange environment to work in when you're constantly feeling like someone is logging your every move.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to get with the times and allow a more flexible with scheduling for exempt employees.

2. "It's Gotten Better"

Current Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working here is I have a good manager. I get autonomy and support. Throughout the organization there are some truly amazing people. The next best thing is you get interaction with upper management (which I suppose is a good and a bad thing). The pay is competitive. The benefits are solid- I see other reviewers state that the benefits are not good, but maybe that's just compared to oil and gas companies. For a regular company, the benefits are better than average. Everyone gets a good amount of PTO and you get more the longer you stay.

Cons

The experience across locations and departments is night and day and totally different. In some departments, most people are happy and the company feels progressive. Other departments feel like it's the 80s and old school and lots of micromanagement. I know plenty of people that are miserable, especially in the hourly staff. There's a lot of infighting between departments. We spend lots of time fighting between departments and filling out paperwork which should be spent servicing our customers. I've never filled out so many useless forms in my life... while people yell at me to hurry up.

3. "This job..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time

Pros

You can make your hrs and choose where to work , low management

Cons

Favortism , hard to get on to company , procrastination, and false statements

Advice to Management

Fund more into the temp workers , Ceva can’t keep a stable crew because of low funding .

4. "Material handler"

I worked at CEVA Logistics full-time

Pros

flexable shifts great co-workers easy work

Cons

base pay was only 11.50
    mandatory overtime
    lack of management

5. "Good"

Current Employee - Logistics Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Engineer in Columbus, OH

Pros

Laid back, balance between work and personal life, good team, good management, nice work culture , good location, close to city

Cons

Bad office space, low annual raise, unclear goals, lack of needed motivation, profit oriented corporate and quality of work is not upto mark

6. "Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

opportunity to advance in the company regardless of previous history. They give those with past negative history a chance to show what they can do and that they are an asset to the company

Cons

As salary you are treated as if you are a robot .You are not able to take or use your PTO benefits if there are no trained replacement to cover your shift.Dental and Medical benefits are offered ,but when working in contract logistics you may not be able to schedule an appointment and keep it due to your contract requirements.

Advice to Management

be more concerned about the request of current supervisors or managers to keep them motivated to continue their service as a dedicated associate

7. "supply chain specialist"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co workers are very friendly.

Cons

Works are very routine and boring sometimes.

8. "Review"

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friendly environment, good people. Good company to start of but not to make a career.

Cons

underpay, overworked, unfair HR rules for internal promotions, lack of help from HR, lack of organization. Lack of employee motivation, incentives, no intrinsic motivation.
    Internal promotions should be based on contract and amount of work not a 10% increase on pay. It is unfair that people that come from outside the company get pay more to start in a company like CEVA that internal employees for same grade positions. With an In-house system such as Matrix internal employees should have more value due to experience on this company. Other than this it is extremely hard to get promoted or get pay raise within regardless of the work. work life balance should be more flexible for those that have been loyal to the company for a long time and are trusted employees.

9. "Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Mount Juliet, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Mount Juliet, TN

I have been working at CEVA Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ceva has provided competitive pay at the supervisor level. The vacation packing starting off was generous at 160 hours. These benefits are the few positive in my opinion.

Cons

Associates are forced to work overtime on weekend more often then not. Overworked associates have bad moral that presents unique challenges for supervisors. Most "support" functions have a hands off approach to the operation (i.e. Inventory team is a data collecting function rather than being responsible for inventory). No one wants to get their hands dirty and most communication is through unclear emails. I received no systematic training and do not have the tools to complete my job almost 6 months in. Lots of churn at supervisor level while support roles seem to be comfy gigs. Overall a culture of finger pointing seems to be toxic as many associates outside of operations seem to have created a "Snitch" role instead of truly supporting the operation.

Advice to Management

For each role ask how the associate directly creates value for the operations. There is a culture where no one wants to be responsible for functions and the effect is an overloaded operation with no real support from other functions.

10. "Simple logistics job with an unstable management system. Management has their favorites, does not follow EEOC protocol."

Former Employee - Material Handler II in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Material Handler II in Grapevine, TX

I worked at CEVA Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned how to use PKMS, learned how to operate an Order Picker (Cherry Picker forklift), Stand up forklift.

Cons

Poor managerial system in place with insufficient opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Seek counsel.