Capgemini Invent Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2020

Capgemini Invent CEO Cyril Garcia
Cyril Garcia
Pros
  • "Work culture is best among major companies operating in India(in 86 reviews)

• "Overall work environment is very positive(in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is no cons in the company(in 34 reviews)

• "Less salary for freshers is provided(in 17 reviews)

1. "Entrepreneurial Culture, Lots of Development Opportunities"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini Invent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities, freedom to explore new ways to develop business

Cons

Some engagements can be quite travel intensive

May 5, 2020Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to treat employees with respect and continue to support career growth.

2. "A great company to work for as long as you are internally motivated."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Capgemini Invent provides their consultants access to a multitude of project opportunities, including sales proposals, client delivery work, team and program management. The areas of expertise range from user experience, to technology strategy, to operating model reorganization that can enact real, positive change to companies. There are a lot of gray areas in between, and Capgemini Invent has a lot of opportunity for those that are able to take risks, explore what each consultant likes and dislikes, and grow their own career.

Cons

Capgemini Invent is not an ideal company to work for individuals who are passive about their career. You will not progress through your career unless you understand that there is no prescriptive path to grow. Capgemini Invent has guidelines to help those stay within the rails, but the rails are wide apart, and it's up to the individual employee to seize the opportunities to grow upwards.

July 21, 2020Director of HR

Thank you for this positive feedback. Engagement is a top priority, particularly right now. Our goal is to provide opportunities for employees to learn and grow. Please share any ideas you would like to see to inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com.

3. "Overall fine"

Current Employee - Senior in Secret Town, CA

I have been working at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open culture Most ppl are nice OK Hours

Cons

Salary low; Dynamic hiring standard

July 21, 2020Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually working to create a great culture for employees to thrive. Please share any particular concerns to inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com and we can set up time to discuss further.

4. "AVOID AT ALL COSTS"

1.0
    Former Employee - Staff Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good that I can say about this place. Do yourself a favor and work anywhere else to preserve your sanity, dignity, and mental health.

Cons

Capgemini is a disaster of an organization. When you start as a consultant, you are placed in a 2 month orientation program called the Institute. In addition to learning NOTHING useful regarding your day to day work or helpful in terms of navigating archaic systems for internal processes such as timesheets (a program called Replicon is used for timesheets, which can only be opened in Internet Explorer and looks like it was designed in the 1970s), the Institute was led by problematic individuals who made several racist and sexist comments to myself and other new joiners. You are thrown into a shark pit coming out of the Institute and are expected to fend for yourself and learn everything on your own. The staffing process is THE OPPOSITE OF TRANSPARENT, and there were several people who after many months at the company, had NOT been staffed on a single project. If you are looking to learn about consulting, look literally anywhere else. You will find that you will learn nothing, your ideas as a entry level consultant will be tossed aside (even if you know more than the experienced consultants you are working with), and you will find yourself caught in the tangle of bureaucratic red tape that will completely hinder your career growth. The criteria for promotions are as convoluted and many consultants who have been at Capgemini for years, consistently exceeding expectations on their performance reviews, are not even considered. You will work unnecessarily long hours, even if you aren't staffed, doing menial and mind numbing work. The benefits and compensation at Capgemini are equally horrendous. Entry level consultants make well under the market rate and are NOT eligible for an end of year bonus of any kind. You are given a meager 12 days of PTO in the year, and when you are on the bench (almost always at no fault of your own), you will be expected to use your PTO before again billing to the bench. At any point, if there is any reason Capgemini is looking to improve their financials, they will let people go out of the blue, giving no regard to their employees or what they have contributed to the company. Look ANYWHERE else for a job!

July 31, 2020Director of HR

I am very sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one. Everyone who works in our company has the right to work in a respectful, supportive environment where they have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential and perform at their personal best. We are committed to swift review and remedial action wherever and whenever we find that isn’t happening. We are unaware of any specific concerns regarding the Institute, and would welcome additional details. Please email inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com.

5. "Great Culture and opportunities for career development"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant

I have been working at Capgemini Invent full-time

Pros

Provides a lot of resources to enhance your career and personal development

Cons

Very big and can be a bit overwhelming

6. "It's just OK"

Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexibility at the more junior ranks

Cons

Not enough focus on talent, VP KPIs, French politics

July 7, 2020Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciative of your 10 years with us and all that you do for Invent. Flexibility is something that is important to us and we strive to maintain this, even during these times. We also appreciate your honest feedback on your concerns. As we feel there is a lot to take from your feedback, would appreciate if you could get in touch with us at inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com to share more.

7. "Staff Aug Galore"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong Brand Name, Good Training and Development Programs

Cons

Inconsistencies in leadership competence across verticals, some practices excel while others heavily rely on staff augmentation

July 7, 2020Director of HR

Thank you for your this feedback-we appreciate your transparency. We are happy to hear you have positive feedback on our training and developing programs. We want to support the team and encourage employees to learn, and develop, which is a top priority for us. Your feedback will help us grow and learn, and better understand where we can make changes. In order for our leadership to see what we can do better, we would appreciate if you can get in touch with us at inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com and we can set up time to connect.

8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworker are good and helpful

Cons

Leadership Is worst. Very little chance to scale up

July 7, 2020Director of HR

Thank you for your honest feedback-we do appreciate it. We are happy to hear you enjoy your teammates. We strive to have a positive culture and we are proud of it. Thank you for also pointing out your opinion on our leadership. We’re constantly looking at feedback like this to improve, grow, and create a culture where everyone can thrive. In order to be able to better understand your feedback better, please send an email to inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com and I am happy to set up time to connect to learn more.

9. "Here We Go"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Numerous Opportunities, Challenging Work, Great Experience

Cons

Like your family, you can't always pick who you report to. Promotions are based on you being billable. Large Organization.

May 29, 2020Director of HR

We appreciate your advice and will continue to communicate even more often in team meetings and newsletters. We also strive to provide equal opportunities for growth for all of our employees. You are always encouraged to share additional feedback to inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com .

"You’re just a number. Bill or die"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Capgemini Invent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It’s a paycheck. You’ll meet some very good coworkers. Very good at selling clients on past performance and fleshed out solutions when the reality is that most project teams are flying by the seat of their pants, making it up as they go along.

Cons

Their values aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. The second you aren’t billing you’re getting cut loose. Less than 3 weeks ago they fed us the line that “we’re all in this together and it will take shared sacrifice to get through.” Thats how they justified paying 40% of our already earned 2019 bonuses. That’s how they got us to burn vacation time instead of bench. After that was done, the layoffs commenced. Guess what - no compensation for the mandated vacation. That “shared sacrifice” only goes one way. You have very little control over your career. You’re basically forced to interview for your own job every time you roll off a project. If there’s a project starting you better take it if you can get it. Your “people manager” will speak to you 2-3 times per year with 2 of those being your mid year and annual reviews which are based on hearsay and the opinions of random other people. Time spent working on business development does not count towards utilization nor does the week or two of “pre work” that comes before a project. You can only bill 8 hours a day so hitting your utilization requirement is pretty much impossible unless you’re on a long term implementation or staff aug project. Raises don’t keep up with inflation. If you come on board as an experienced hire, negotiate hard for tour salary because it won’t move later. You’ll be stagnant until you leave or somehow manage to navigate the rather murky promotion process and even then your increase won’t match the extra work. Expenses are nickle and dimed. Shared rental cars. When you book travel through the company agency, which is basically Expedia on steroids, you lose your hotel points. Pretty much everyone ignores travel policy and books on their own which is a microcosm of how the whole company operates - preaches one thing, does another. They also waited until 5pm on the last day of the month to do layoffs so they could shut off our health insurance on 7 hours notice.

May 5, 2020HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for your experience and have noted what you shared here. Having to let someone go is not something a company likes doing. Our goal is to treat all of our employees well, while they are employed with us and after they leave. We are working through change and building a culture where employees feel valued and can grow in their career. If there is anything more specific you would like to share, please send us an email at inventhrtalent.nar@capgemini.com.

Found 1261 reviews