CareTech Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Jim Giordano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • CareTech has been a great place to work for many years (in 9 reviews)

• The work environment is positive for the most part (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company was bought by HTC and has been in decline since (in 5 reviews)

• Severe lack of a sense of leadership on the Service Desk (in 8 reviews)

"No oversight, lackluster corporate support"

Former Employee - Network Administrator
    Former Employee - Network Administrator

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time off was nice. I had some decent coworkers

Cons

If you worked at a customer site you had almost no oversight from corporate and little support. If your on-site manager was inept you basically just had to deal with their ineptitude. Even customer complaints wouldn't sway upper management into action. They would just sugarcoat things to customer management.

Advice to Management

You need to totally revamp how you oversee your client sites.

2. "Caretech"

I worked at CareTech Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable staff and management, Good communicators

Cons

Rapid turnover in tier 1 support

"Not the same company since HTC Acquisition"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be a great place to start your IT career. The people are what made this place amazing until most of the good people left after HTC took over. CareTech got best in KLASS for like 7 straight years for good reason. CareTech now lost their biggest account, Detroit Medical Center.

Cons

HTC is run by a super cheap person who looks after the bottom line above all.

Advice to Management

My father was the CEO and CFO of companies much larger than yours. He always said, if you over pay your employees, you are guaranteed success as a company. When you go over the top on salary and benefits, you naturally attract the best workers in the industry. It only costs 20% or so over what your current payroll is but makes a 100% difference. Not only do you have the best workers but they are happier, become more productive, value their job more and are a lot less likely to steal. It appears these Indians from HTC do not understand this concept. They cost cut as much as possible. This is not how it works. Jim Giordano was a good CEO. He has since left so the rate the CEO section isn't accurate. The current CEO does not understand American culture and the workforce.

"Company Going Down Hill Fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Appropriate pay and benefits and 144 hours of PTO

Cons

Before HTC ought them they used to have a lot of perks such as lunch provided daily. Now they won't even buy plates , utensils, paper towel, kleenex. They offer a bonus but they write people up constantly so they aren't eligible for the bonus. They have 10% of the work force quitting each month. This is a bad sign for any company. To save money they have us crammed in like sardines. They are always looking to cut.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap.

5. "Training? What's that?"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time

Pros

The analysts, the blood of the company, are mostly good.
    Manageable workload most of the time.
    Comfortable working conditions at one location.

Cons

Training is a joke. Sure, we're given training, but never complete or accurate, and most of it is a waste of time that could be used for training.
    Coaching is nonexistent. If you make mistakes, like anyone does, you'll keep making those mistakes, unaware of the fact, until threatened by management.
    Budget cuts mean no overtime, no soap, and no cups for the burnt coffee and tea.
    Very disorganized in account assignments.
    Inconsistent enforcement of the rules. Friends of management get away with a lot, whether it's taking selfies or playing flash games online, all in a supposed HIPAA compliant environment.
    Low level management doesn't know what's going on half the time.
    The more skilled you are, the more likely you are to be fired.
    This fear drives skilled analysts and problem managers away.

Advice to Management

Reorganize how training is done.
    Enforce the HIPAA rules consistently.
    Look for new jobs. HTC is slowly killing Caretech.

"2017- "Do not Work in this Hazardous place'."

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst I in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst I in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't know why HTC Acquired you people, but the company is disorganized to the point, where you should just shut it down.

Cons

Everything. And i mean Everything.

They have this thing where they hire a large group of people, half my training class was trying to fix network issues.After that they let you work with incomplete training and guidance. After a good 4 weeks your out the door with , No raise no benefits , Nothing. And the cycle goes on.

Advice to Management

Just go Home we don't need you

"Fake it and watch your back"

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time

Pros

Before being bought out it was a great company with multiple hospitals signing with us. A bright future ahead or so everyone thought. The benefits were amazing such as receiving PTO at the beginning of the year, raises were actually given out, people were promoted, 401k match was great, realistic bereavement policy, health insurance was good along with vision and dental, tuition reimbursement was good, and management actually tried to make things better such as providing free lunches, offering overtime all the time (due to all the new on boarded clients), overall good environment where one could see themselves having a career with the company. Another pro is that if you need a job this company will hire anybody although it is an IT company there is no need for IT experience as you have the option to not troubleshoot any issues and just send the ticket to second level to deal with (this might be why clients are dropping like flies from the company but hey at least you have a job)

Cons

Take everything I said above and take it away. More clients are leaving than being brought on. HTC fired all management that knew how the company ran which I think they did this because they wanted to bring in the new for more sales ( which hasn't worked) and all I saw happen were meetings to reinvent the wheel. I find it sad that potential clients are being shown Caretech's reviews and the way it was from years ago ( clients beware and do your research hard). Departments can't backfill their positions from employees that left the sinking ship because if they want to it has to be an employee in India and how do you train that person who is half way around the world? Oh and the clients that do sign with the company watch out for the things you will be promised as it is most likely not going to be delivered to you (though the teams are going to the their best to make things work when they find out what was promised to you last minute so they do care about you).

Advice to Management

Don't hire someone to be a director that you are friends with because it just puts everyone in an awkward spot. Revamp the marketing (wait didn't that department get completely let go?) and stop using the information from caretech before HTC bought the company as it is false advertising. Other advice? Good luck and good riddance.

Jim Giordano is not the CEO so the rating is not towards this individual as he was a great person who always had a smile on their face. The person that has taken place of him has never smiled and since placed into that position I have seen the company fall further so that rating is for her

"CareTech"

Former Employee - Problem Manager in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Problem Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

5 years ago it was a great place to get a start in IT

Cons

Everything. They hire ANYONE, most of their employees aren't even qualified to work in fast food, half of them either can't or won't use proper English. This leads to increased work loads for the few people who are actually food at their job. Management continues to over promise and under deliver to their client. They also constantly lie to their employees about pay/work environment. One of their offices was infested with bed bugs due to another one of all star hires. They cut PTO and tried to sell it as being better for the employees because it would be easier to manage. This almost worked, because again, a majority of service desk staff there are incredibly stupid. Towards the end of my tenure I had applied to another clinical help desk and made it through a screening process (Pay attention CareTech, screening is how you hire quality) and got a second interview. I got a call a few days later saying they couldn't continue the interview process with me due to "non-compete" concerns brought up from CareTech. This was during a time huge numbers of employees (the actually qualified) were leaving, many of which had left to work at the company I was trying to interview with, yet it was only a non-compete issue with me. The worst part of this is that I had tried multiple times to advance at CareTech and make a respectable wage to provide for my family and kept getting denied, and on top of that was now being denied a chance to work for a company that was willing to pay a competitive wage. I was, for all intents and purposes, being held hostage. It is a truly awful place to work. HTC doesn't care about their employees! They only care about maximizing their profit margins, which will eventually lead to moving everything off-shore, even though this goes against many of their clients wishes. Probably won't matter anyways, it sounds like it's just a matter of time before they shut it down completely, and to be honest, good riddance.

Advice to Management

When it comes tine to make a decision and you think you have it figured out....Do the exact opposite. You've proven time and again that none of you are competent enough to make the right decision. None of you have a clue on what's going on or how to properly manage staff. Now that I think about it, just close the doors, shut it down and call it a day. I'm sure Wal-Mart is hiring greeters, I don't *think* any of you could screw that up.

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Before HTC took over, I loved my job and had passion for what I did. I made some amazing friends and will be forever grateful for all that I learned

Cons

Since HTC took over, the place is a sinking ship. Everyone needs to get out, and fast! They will fire you at some point anyways.

Advice to Management

Close your doors and spare yourself the embarrassment. I rated the company one star because zero wasn't an option. PS- giordano hasn't worked with your company for quite some time now. As an IT company, you would think you would have that updated. Or was that whole dept canned?

10. "Good for first job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back
    Need to make sentence longer to meet the 20 word minimum. Could only think of one pro. .

Cons

Low pay
    No room for growth (other departments are shrinking)
    Company is losing clients fast
    Will hire people off the streets